Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
We don't live in fantasyland. Obamacare is awful but now it is the law of the land. Governors have to do what is in the best interests of their states given the situation as it stands. So I really believe he had figured it out and really believe he wasn't in favor of it right from the beginning. The two aren't mutually exclusive. You can be against a law but then resign yourself to following it once it passes
Sure. Happens all the time.

Still though, i don't believe him. But if there is a GOP governor that i would believe, it would be Kasich. Still though, i just find it too hard to believe that he was ever against Obamacare.

And Obamacare isn't awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I hope they vote his ass out of office.
Nobody is standing up for the middle class.
Just bend over while your politicians give it to you up the ass.
Well, if it's going up my arse, it's going up yours too whether you bend over or not.

So really, there's no difference between you and I....but you'd love to think there is.

As for whether or not they vote him out of office, that's not my business. I'm not from Ohio. They can make him King for all i care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sure. Happens all the time.

Still though, i don't believe him. But if there is a GOP governor that i would believe, it would be Kasich. Still though, i just find it too hard to believe that he was ever against Obamacare.

And Obamacare isn't awful.

Well, if it's going up my arse, it's going up yours too whether you bend over or not.

So really, there's no difference between you and I....but you'd love to think there is.

As for whether or not they vote him out of office, that's not my business. I'm not from Ohio. They can make him King for all i care.
True about both getting screwed.
I disagree about not being our business.
Governors had the potential to be our line of defense against federal creep.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,573,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Governors had the potential to be our line of defense against federal creep.
You are right to use the past tense.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Remember, the Federal government is only paying for the extension of Medicaid for the first two years. After that, the states get to pick up the bill. How will it save them money then?
Seems none are looking beyond the 2 years of 100% Fed funding for this.

Do people realize that we are expanding who is categorized as living in poverty to include those not at or below the poverty line ?

We've just expanded poverty to be those living at 133% of poverty.
Why not just change the poverty line figure and up it to $15K (1 person) and stop playing games with percentages here ?

At least that's being more honest and then the Fed doesn't have to dangle that carrot of 100% funding for 2 years.

Since Obamacare is going to pay for itself (I got bridges to sell in AZ ) this shouldn't be an issue about how to pay for all these new folks qualifying for medicaid.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Seems none are looking beyond the 2 years of 100% Fed funding for this.

Do people realize that we are expanding who is categorized as living in poverty to include those not at or below the poverty line ?

We've just expanded poverty to be those living at 133% of poverty.
Why not just change the poverty line figure and up it to $15K (1 person) and stop playing games with percentages here ?

At least that's being more honest and then the Fed doesn't have to dangle that carrot of 100% funding for 2 years.

Since Obamacare is going to pay for itself (I got bridges to sell in AZ ) this shouldn't be an issue about how to pay for all these new folks qualifying for medicaid.
Hey, hey, hey...we actually DO have some bridges here!!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM

174 posts, read 154,711 times
McDonnell in Virginia may be next. And Kasich has now given him some political cover.

McDonnell Under Pressure To Expand State Medicaid Program | TPMDC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies