Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
He died for American freedoms.

Just Wow!

He did not die in combat, in uniform.
Give it a rest, before you add more to the story than one blurp, taken out of context.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:54 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,454,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just Wow!

He did not die in combat, in uniform.
Give it a rest, before you add more to the story than one blurp, taken out of context.
Sorry, you haven't served your country either...yet seem to spout off about freedoms in America others fought for.

Must be nice enjoying the freedom other people put their lives on the line for. I am glad I wasn't that lazy.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,542,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
A sincere statement of grief and apology to the family of the murdered guy would have been more appropriate, but people have been quoting that particular saying for hundreds of years for a reason...
He knows the guy had zero intergrity when he went after Jesse. Ron and Jesse are friends. Neither of them suffer fools lightly.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM

60 posts, read 79,796 times
Quote:
He died for American freedoms, and Paul denigrates his sacrifice. What a monster who doesn't really care about those who are willing to pay the ultimate price to protect the freedoms he likes to rant about. Paul has never even tried to do the same.
"He died for American freedoms..."

lmao you think American wars are started to preserve our freedom? Are you really that naive?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:58 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,148,137 times
Quote:
He died for American freedoms, and Paul denigrates his sacrifice. What a monster who doesn't really care about those who are willing to pay the ultimate price to protect the freedoms he likes to rant about. Paul has never even tried to do the same.
He didn't protect a single freedom of an American on a battlefield in Iraq and he didn't die protecting anyone's freedoms at that gun range. What happened is tragic but there is no need to concoct these fantasies in order to make this situation seem any more tragic.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Sorry, you haven't served your country either...yet seem to spout off about freedoms in America others fought for.

Must be nice enjoying the freedom other people put their lives on the line for. I am glad I wasn't that lazy.

Froze my ass off in the Bering Sea aboard the Cutter Hamilton, keeping your ass and this nation free, while you went off and fought someone else's war, like an idiot serving a King.
My dad fought someone else's war in Korea and Vietnam and lost a lot of buddies in the process...
Yes, my dad got me into the Coast Guard for his own reasons. I thanked him Saturday, at his funeral with full honors.

5,261 posts, read 4,148,137 times
Quote:

The military does not protect our freedoms, the people and the Constitution do that. I've asked before for examples of "freedoms" of Americans that were protected through our invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and have gotten no intelligent responses. It's simply a bumper sticker slogan people repeat when they have no thoughts of their own.

2,256 posts, read 2,126,318 times
Quote:

I've served the country.

He didn't die for anyone's freedom.

And neither has any other soldier in the last 60ish years... The last serious threat to our freedom was Nazi Germany.

They've died for imperialism and nation building and oil...

Get a clue perhaps.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,468,903 times
The OP left out the most important sentence. Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn't make sense.
https://twitter.com/ronpaul/

Old 02-04-2013, 08:05 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,454,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiph View Post
"He died for American freedoms..."

lmao you think American wars are started to preserve our freedom? Are you really that naive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
He didn't protect a single freedom of an American on a battlefield in Iraq and he didn't die protecting anyone's freedoms at that gun range. What happened is tragic but there is no need to concoct these fantasies in order to make this situation seem any more tragic.
Gun range or combat, or even driving to work, he put his life out there in the service of Americans who couldn't or wouldn't. He deserves the respect from serving America, even from those who sit on their butts and complain online without spending a second actually doing anything at all to help anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.