U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 PM

10,720 posts, read 17,395,056 times

Advertisements

I'm watching CNN's Piers Morgan and it's interesting to see how Texas is depicted. How do residents of Texas view all of the publicity surrounding Texas and the gun debate? I'm assuming most Texans are proud to endorse this image and believe in gun rights and the right to carry AR15's. Texas has become the center of the gun debate and depicts the state as being very conservative. What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM

31 posts, read 82,694 times
Trolling attempt? Really? I mean it's no secret where CNN sits on the political spectrum and if you base philosophical questions based on liberal media bias what are you really trying to do? Stir things up is my guess.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM

1,955 posts, read 2,724,436 times
And Faux 'News' is supposed to be 'Fair and Balanced'? Nope. Compared to Fox and MSNBC, CNN is the moderate. Besides, the younger generations are reading their news online and in depth now. Look at the median ages of who watches these networks. They are all dying off.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xripcurrent View Post
Trolling attempt? Really? I mean it's no secret where CNN sits on the political spectrum and if you base philosophical questions based on liberal media bias what are you really trying to do? Stir things up is my guess.
I fail to see how this is a trolling attempt? Not everyone perceives guns as being bad and many Texans endorse guns. Just because you may not doesn't mean everyone else sees gun endorsement as being negative. CNN is politically moderate that one could argue is left leaning. MSNBC is left leaning and Fox News is conservative. Again, we can agree to disagree in a civil manner, how do you see the portrayal? Do you find it to be accurate?

Old 02-04-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I fail to see how this is a trolling attempt? Not everyone perceives guns as being bad and many Texans endorse guns. Just because you may not doesn't mean everyone else sees gun endorsement as being negative. CNN is politically moderate that one could argue is left leaning. MSNBC is left leaning and Fox News is conservative.
You are basing a philosophical question that you stated was derived from what you said was an interesting perspective from a liberal media source. If you really want to ascertain something I wouldn't quote any cable news media they are all skewed left or right, that's just how it is.

Regarding guns you stated "Not everyone pecieves guns as being bad...and added "Just because you may not doesn't mean everyone else sees gun endorsement as being negative" I don't see where i said where I stand on guns but since you are bringing it up I endorse guns as a constitutional right for all law biding American citizens.

Last edited by xripcurrent; 02-04-2013 at 08:18 PM.. Reason: forgot to add on

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I fail to see how this is a trolling attempt? Not everyone perceives guns as being bad and many Texans endorse guns. Just because you may not doesn't mean everyone else sees gun endorsement as being negative. CNN is politically moderate that one could argue is left leaning. MSNBC is left leaning and Fox News is conservative. Again, we can agree to disagree in a civil manner, how do you see the portrayal? Do you find it to be accurate?
No its not as bad as you think. Recent polling has shown that a plurality of Texans support a lot of what's in the current 'gun control' law being proposed in Congress. Though many are as bad as you think. Mostly outside of the major cities in small towns and rural areas.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
And Faux 'News' is supposed to be 'Fair and Balanced'? Nope. Compared to Fox and MSNBC, CNN is the moderate. Besides, the younger generations are reading their news online and in depth now. Look at the median ages of who watches these networks. They are all dying off.
Austinite if you honestly feel CNN is moderate then you need to stop sniffing glue. All news channels on cable TV are biased to the left or to the right that's just reality now if you personally choose to accept that is up to you.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 PM

13,403 posts, read 21,121,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
You could say CNN has a left lean, but they are far more moderate than Fox or MSNBC.

As for how Texas is perceived, I don't care. It has no bearing on my life. Other than the occasional sarcastic remark when I travel, I never pay attention.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Austinite if you honestly feel CNN is moderate then you need to stop sniffing glue. All news channels on cable TV are biased to the left or to the right that's just reality now if you personally choose to accept that is up to you.
I can accept that CNN is left leaning but it's not MSNBC. Of all the major networks, I feel that CNN is the closest to being moderate.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I said more moderate. I'm very far to the left, so I actually see CNN as quite conservative on many points. But to the current American political spectrum, it is the the most moderate of the major news networks. They actually bring conservative and liberal analysts on the air, toss a spear into the circle, and have them fight, whereas Fox and MSNBC tend to bring on only conservatives or liberals, respectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or