U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 AM

16,884 posts, read 13,030,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Orrrr.....crazy thought, here, but follow me...we can take a little of what people like this man say and a little of what other people say and ..... COMPROMISE.

no compromise wanted or needed. keep the 2nd Amendment as written. "shall not be infringed" was written for a reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM

66,450 posts, read 33,763,754 times
Quote:
No right in this country is without limits. Not one. 2A isn't any more special than any other right.

OK, I get it.

It is no longer about justice for you. It is about control.

The second amendment is the ONLY amendment that is worded to imply there will never be a compromise.
Yet they have compromised it several times.

After fighting oppression from a centralized government, I clearly know what our 2nd amendment means.
I also know, that the oath I took to defend the US Constitution, against all attacks, be it foreign or domestic, is the thing that has held this nation together.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:16 AM

16,884 posts, read 13,030,934 times
Quote:
Orrrr.....crazy thought, here, but follow me...we can take a little of what people like this man say and a little of what other people say and ..... COMPROMISE.

look at all the other gun control acts that have been passed since 1934 and tell me that gun owners have not compromised already. now count all the gun control laws that the feds and the states have in place against firearms and tell me that gun owners have not compromised.

I am done compromising. my line in the sand has been drawn.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:34 AM

66,450 posts, read 33,763,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
look at all the other gun control acts that have been passed since 1934 and tell me that gun owners have not compromised already. now count all the gun control laws that the feds and the states have in place against firearms and tell me that gun owners have not compromised.

That line for me, is not just about the 2nd amendment. It is about all government in my life controlling almost every aspect of daily life.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 AM

66,440 posts, read 30,302,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post

Exactly. Gun owners have already compromised. Now it's the other side's turn. Prohibit those who pay no federal income tax from voting in federal elections. They've already proven that they've overwhelmingly chosen to abuse that right by voting for politicians who propose to take more and more from others to redistribute to them, thus VIOLATING the rights of those from which earned income is confiscated to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You're not "free" if the federal government can put you in jail for failing to pay an unequal tax.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 AM

16,553 posts, read 11,491,111 times
I find it quite ironic how the Left will cry their eyes out about requiring ID to vote because it will disenfranchise voters and they quote the Constitution about there being no test or tax to vote and they link ID to a tax. Well the 2nd A says it "Shall not be infringed" and you need ID to get a weapon, disenfranchising minorities from owning a gun and protecting themselves, but that's just fine with them.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 AM

19,025 posts, read 22,223,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
You have the right to "frisk" anyone you want before they enter your "sacred domain".
And of course demand cops leave their fire arms outside LOL

Old 02-05-2013, 08:02 AM

66,440 posts, read 30,302,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I find it quite ironic how the Left will cry their eyes out about requiring ID to vote because it will disenfranchise voters and they quote the Constitution about there being no test or tax to vote and they link ID to a tax. Well the 2nd A says it "Shall not be infringed" and you need ID to get a weapon, disenfranchising minorities from owning a gun and protecting themselves, but that's just fine with them.
It gets even more ludicrous than that. Children cannot register to go to a public K-12 school unless they/their family present some form of ID including proof of age and usually some proof of residence within the school's attendance boundaries. For some reason, that's just fine, but don't ask the same of those who wish to vote. Fill out a form. You're in.

Liberals are COLOSSAL hypocrites.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM

19,025 posts, read 22,223,869 times
Quote:
That doesn't negate the fact that all rights have limits.
True enough. I can buy any gun for sale in the gun store, but to carry it loaded and concealed legally I must submit to a $10.00 lic each 4 years.....

If that fee should increase to be $10.01 I just won't bother.... NH is a OPEN carry state and i will just open carry....

That's my plan anyway come Spring....... You see I am a tad upset with you grabbers, and so I plan to carry a gun just like this open carry and I can because it is legal in NH.

Just think you and other gun grabbers right here on CD made want to do this, just to make you as upset as you made me, and there is nothing you or even Humpty Dumpty Obama can do about it.

Isn't that nice? I have paid for this in BLOOD.... Try to stop me and someone else may pay in the same kind...

That my idea on any compromise. For 50 years you whined and begged.... All it got me was more draconian LAW and more psyco babble and more pysco evil spawn, and at this point I don't care what you 'want'.

You get nothing.... What can be better than nothing?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,476,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'll give up guns....you give up abortion.

Compromise.
No...please.........not that. Some people shouldn't reproduce. Please. Not abortion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies