U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 AM

66,567 posts, read 30,379,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No...please.........not that. Some people shouldn't reproduce.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 AM

19,025 posts, read 22,251,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I find it quite ironic how the Left will cry their eyes out about requiring ID to vote because it will disenfranchise voters and they quote the Constitution about there being no test or tax to vote and they link ID to a tax. Well the 2nd A says it "Shall not be infringed" and you need ID to get a weapon, disenfranchising minorities from owning a gun and protecting themselves, but that's just fine with them.
Yeah........ It's opk to have NO ID and vote..... but to carry a gun you need all sorts of ID and back ground checks.

I say no gun no vote.....

That's a compromise i could live with.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:14 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,491,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Shall not be infringed.
You're making it too hard for the libbies. They think 'infringed' has something to do with tassels and ruffles.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 AM

4,743 posts, read 3,734,318 times
So this guy is one of those anti-gun actors hired by the government? I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Interesting....wonder what the emotionally charged anti's will say about this.

SANDY HOOK FATHER OWNS CONGRESS - YouTube

Old 02-05-2013, 08:49 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,314,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
So this guy is one of those anti-gun actors hired by the government? I'm confused
If you're confused then maybe you should watch the video because his words are quite clear.

Bill Stevens = Awesome.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:29 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,343,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You would give up a precious constitutional right in exchange for murderers promise to stop murdering?

Wait a second, I thought the evil guns were the murders?

Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM

12,870 posts, read 13,148,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No right in this country is without limits. Not one. 2A isn't any more special than any other right.
the right to protect yourself is the most basic right the citizens have.

that was a very nice speech (although i don't think it was a sandy hook victim's father, was it, after watching it?), and makes me proud that people will still stand up for their families and their rights.

it isn't all lost yet for america and its citizens.

the interesting part is that conservatives are trying to help protect liberals from themselves-but i guess there is a victim mentality which coincides with a "helpless" mentality locked into place, without logic.

you have a right to live, and to be able to defend yourself.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM

4,375 posts, read 2,758,316 times
Freedom isn't free, most people don't realize that. I ought to know - I sacrificed 4 years of my life to the betterment of this nation and protecting the US Constitution and no one can ever take that away from me.

That being said, I'm hard pressed to even have a stance on this topic since I fought to protect rights such as the Second Amendment. I used guns many a time while I was in the Navy though I didn't like it. It's just a personal thing because prior to the Navy never before have I had any experience with guns.

Despite the fact that I don't like guns that doesn't mean I feel that they should be taken away or regulated, etc,etc. I just don't like operating them although I certainly do know how to do so - I stowed away my dislike for the higher importance of standing my watch and maintaining a proper patrol.

Could there be some compromise for guns in the future? I hope so, but as far as being for or against gun control? I'm just going to take a neutral stance, see what everyone else has to say and think about this subject.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:15 PM

6,797 posts, read 6,323,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Orrrr.....crazy thought, here, but follow me...we can take a little of what people like this man say and a little of what other people say and ..... COMPROMISE.
OK I have a right to bear arms and you have a right to life. Wanna trade?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:19 PM

4,375 posts, read 2,758,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
OK I have a right to bear arms and you have a right to life. Wanna trade?

Read the flavor text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies