U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,667,738 times
Reputation: 16593

Advertisements

Many gun owners are quite willing to compromise on background checks, which is great.

Here, though, here we have people who would gladly have a database of mentally ill people, armed gunmen in schools, etc but oh don't you DARE perform a background check for potential gun owners. Don't you ****ing dare. Nice.

We have databases of Americans for all sorts of reasons - licensed drivers, teachers, those on social security, etc. But nope, we canNOT have a database of gun owning Americans. Total bull**** if you ask me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:10 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 19,083,018 times
Reputation: 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
But nope, we canNOT have a database of gun owning Americans. Total bull**** if you ask me.
We're not asking you, and the less you say about taking away our constitutional rights, the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,667,738 times
Reputation: 16593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We're not asking you, and the less you say about taking away our constitutional rights, the better.
Since when did you become the king of CD? I never asked your opinion either. What a silly, non-productive statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 19,083,018 times
Reputation: 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Since when did you become the king of CD? I never asked your opinion either. What a silly, non-productive statement.
You'll have to admit it's more polite than "shut up!".There will be no compromise, accomodation, or patience with those that would give up our rights.

Last edited by Bideshi; 02-06-2013 at 07:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
 
28,206 posts, read 20,667,738 times
Reputation: 16593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You'll have to admit it's more polite than "shut up!".There will be no compromise, accomodation, or patience with those that would give up our rights.
Tell me, in any way you'd like, to shut up. I won't. I have a right to speak here as long as I follow guidelines which I do.

Maybe you refuse to compromise, but luckily many responsible gun owners don't think the way you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 PM
 
19,122 posts, read 22,156,385 times
Reputation: 7326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Many gun owners are quite willing to compromise on background checks, which is great.

Here, though, here we have people who would gladly have a database of mentally ill people, armed gunmen in schools, etc but oh don't you DARE perform a background check for potential gun owners. Don't you ****ing dare. Nice.

We have databases of Americans for all sorts of reasons - licensed drivers, teachers, those on social security, etc. But nope, we canNOT have a database of gun owning Americans. Total bull**** if you ask me.
Probably 1/2 the guns I have are papered in 4473 forms and so have back ground checks.. Others were family guns handed down by Dad and uncles at times. No checks... So what.......

As to any registry NO HELL NO..... it's none of anyone's bee's wax what's mine....

The govt can't even keep classified Nam records classified..... All the feds do is screw up and you know it. They leak info all the time.. They screw up everything they touch including kerosene with powdered red dye that clogs wicks and makes my oil lamps burn bad..

I understand that is a little example, but never the less clear K-1 is much better in lamps but they must TAX you know.....

Anything the govt gets it's hands on get screwed up one way or another...

How about no govt anymore...... How about the govt pay it;s bills ON TIME like ME!

What do you suppose would happen if i paid my bills 5 year late? or maybe never at all?

Govt registry NOPE..... But i would like a free ID to carry in all 57 states so I am sure I can carry in the 7 special states only Obama knows about.

Maybe that could come with a nice plastic badge too huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:23 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top