Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,397,939 times

Advertisements

Obama is not just a horrible president. He is a horrible human being. He really is.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
I wonder what the OPEC ministers think of Obama raising the price per barrel?
They must be shocked.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
What make you think the big oil companies want new refineries?
What's in it for them to spend $bajillions to increase supply and reduce the price at the pump?

Or, are you talking about nationalizing oil production?
Did I say "big oil companies?"

The big oil companies don't want new ones built, for the reasons you stated. The big oil companies even wanted 0bama to end the oil depletion allowance for independent oil companies, so only the big mega companies could afford to drill, which is why they would not be in favor of independent oil companies building more refineries.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No, but they can make life a living hell for the people who provide us those commodities, thru executive actions and EPA regulations/enforcement. It also helps if your president and energy secretary are on record making plans so commodity and energy prices skyrocket.

Chu has called for gradually ramping up gasoline taxes over 15 years to coax consumers into buying more-efficient cars and living in neighborhoods closer to work. "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," Mr. Chu, who directs the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California, said in an interview with The Wall Street Journal in September.

Obama: “You know, when I was asked earlier about the issue of coal, uh, you know — Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, uh, they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”
0bama supporters have conditioned themselves to ignore all of those quotes.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I wonder what the OPEC ministers think of Obama raising the price per barrel?
They must be shocked.
You have it wrong, 0bama is refusing to comment on the rise in oil. The higher the better, as far as he is concerned when it comes to energy prices.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Obama is not just a horrible president. He is a horrible human being. He really is.
Care to elaborate or should we just take your word for it?

I, for one, think he's a decent president who supports policies for the middle class. I see no evidence that he is anything but a decent family man human being.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:04 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You have it wrong, 0bama is refusing to comment on the rise in oil. The higher the better, as far as he is concerned when it comes to energy prices.
My, my, my. I knew there were a lot of mind readers using the forum, but didn't know there were this many.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,869 times
Quote:
I, for one, think he's a decent president who supports policies for the middle class.
record number of Americans on food stamps...Yup he's a decent president..

Quote:
decent human being.
Obama gave 1% to charity...

Yup...how white of him..

Old 02-07-2013, 04:44 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,102,740 times
Default Time to Awaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Thats what you get when your dear Marxist leader backs the Eco freaks agenda...This is only the beginning "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!!!....Hello $10 a gallon coming soon to station near you....Don't touch that dial..Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Our Dear Marxist Leader and The Left Destroying America!!!

Consumers Taking Financial Hit From Rising Fuel Prices
American has already been (nearly) destroyed by the Car-addicted, and their expensive, wealth-draining living suburban living arrangement. Rising oil prices look like a long term certainty.

This is just the beginning of a Long Wake-up call for Americans to learn the lesson that most of the world has already taken on board. If you are hurt by rising gasoline prices: then you seem to be a fool, a sucker, or maybe just someone who has not yet awoken and found a way to live a less car-dependent life. It is a good time to rethinking driving habits and car dependency !

Listen to the wise words of Richard Heinberg, in this video:

The End of growth-Richard Heinberg - YouTube

Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,121,869 times
Quote:
American has already been (nearly) destroyed by the Car-addicted, and their expensive, wealth-draining living suburban living arrangement. Rising oil prices look like a long term certainty.

This is just the beginning of a Long Wake-up call for Americans to learn the lesson that most of the world has already taken on board. If you are hurt by rising gasoline prices: then you seem to be a fool, a sucker, or maybe just someone who has not yet awoken and found a way to live a less car-dependent life. It is a good time to rethinking driving habits and car dependency !

Listen to the wise words of Richard Heinberg, in this video:
Richard Heinberg is full of Sh*t

U.S. has enough energy reserves for 200 years

U.S. has enough energy reserves for 200 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies