Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
Liberals were opposed to Bush for good reason, for getting us into wars we didn't need to be. Last I check Obama hasn't gotten us into any stupid wars.
The family of Ambassador Stevens might disagree with that assessment.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The family of Ambassador Stevens might disagree with that assessment.
Why, we are not at war with Libya.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Why, we are not at war with Libya.
I believe those who attacked the embassy would disagree.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:47 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
1. no new refineries have been built in more than 30 years

2. blocking of keystone pipeline

3. Obama's closing of 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development.

4. moratorium on off shore deep drilling

5. Increased regulations

6. Eco freaks attacking fracking..

basically this admin and the eco freaks want to kill fossil fuel use...instead we'll all have wind mills...
Refineries have been closing, we have also been exporting gasoline.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times
Quote:
Thats what you get when your dear Marxist leader backs the Eco freaks agenda...This is only the beginning "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!!!....Hello $10 a gallon coming soon to station near you....Don't touch that dial..Stay tuned for the continuing saga of Our Dear Marxist Leader and The Left Destroying America!!!

Consumers Taking Financial Hit From Rising Fuel Prices

I think I can do better than that. . .if you want unrelated topics and blame the president, here are a few:

Apothis asteroid will narrowly miss the earth, thank you Obama

Dead Space 3 only gets 79% score on metacritic, thank you Obama

Grand Theft Auto V delayed, thank you Obama

And once again, I encourage you read up on marxism, because that word doesn't mean what you think it means

Oh that reminds me

- Princess bride sequel inconceivable says writer, thank you obama

Realistically though. . .this post seems to go against about everything that is happening with OIL production and the united states. It looks like we are on our way to being the next "saudi arabia" and a net exporter of oil.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No Obama does not control prices but his current policies are the reason for high prices. The reason the prices are so high is because the government is pumping trillions of dollars through the investment banks. This money isn't being used to assist the citizens but rather to pump into commodities. Without this pump oil would be far less expensive.

The problem we have as a country is that Romney and McCain would have done the same thing.
Two reasons why gas keeps rising:
1. Supply
2. Demand

The U.S. is now a net exporter of energy, yet demand keeps spiking overseas. You want to see gas prices drop? Start encouraging China, India, Russia to reduce their demand.

As far as "pumping trillions", the bailouts are over. The only money the Fed is injecting into the money supply is by buying back securities. In the long term this saves taxpayers money by decreasing the amount spent on interest. If what you said where true, we would see inflation across the board. Total inflation for 2012 was 1.7%, and the forecast is less than 2% for the next few years:

Consumer Prices in U.S. Little Changed as Inflation Recedes - Bloomberg

Old 02-05-2013, 12:47 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Current massive deficit spending (both dem & repub) combined with massive monetizing debt & printing money have caused the devaluation of the dollar compared to actual commodities. Energy and food are intentionally left out of the equation when calculating for inflation (even though those two sectors of the economy ought to drive the formula), so all the talking heads are still saying there is no inflation, even though that is not that is not the case.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
1. no new refineries have been built in more than 30 years

2. blocking of keystone pipeline

3. Obama's closing of 1.6 million acres of federal land to oil shale development.

4. moratorium on off shore deep drilling

5. Increased regulations

6. Eco freaks attacking fracking..

basically this admin and the eco freaks want to kill fossil fuel use...instead we'll all have wind mills...
Funny, I haven't seen a "No Gas Today" sign at a gas station in 35 years. I think that means there are as many refineries as we need. While oil companies haven't built more refineries, oil companies have added to the existing ones. Why do that you ask? Because oil refining is a low margin business.

All the other things you wrote are inconsequential. The U.S. is producing more oil than ever before. Oil supply has nothing to do with domestic prices of gasoline.

We are already above the 5-yr range of petroleum stocks.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,362 times
Quote:
The U.S. is producing more oil than ever before. Oil supply has nothing to do with domestic prices of gasoline.
Supply versus Demand has no affect on cost....Interesting I guess everything I learnt about economics 101 is obsolete..

Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Thats what you get when your dear Marxist leader
Sigh...here we go again:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies