U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 05:40 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,920,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Wake up America. The trash they talk about on tv all about sex is being heard by the children. One never knows what will come on tv today and it is appauling as the young innocents are subject to sex talk on so many programs. It is obscene and the desensitizing of adults has been going on for years to what is acceptable. God help us! It is no wonder how children act out and learn such things.

Wasn't Kathy Griffith acting indecent as the New Year of disgusting TV progresses to lower levels.

Kathy Griffin on David Letterman: She talks Anderson Cooper's penis | PopWatch | EW.com
A young child shouldn't be up late watching David Letterman, and probably shouldn't be up until New Year's (midnight) either. That was intended for adults, and we have the right to laugh at raunchy jokes if we so desire. Who died and made you the dictator of what's funny or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM

6,502 posts, read 5,057,276 times
Its ok. All we need is more garbage on tv, poor parenting, and society thinking everything is okay and little is off limits.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM

6,502 posts, read 5,057,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
A young child shouldn't be up late watching David Letterman, and probably shouldn't be up until New Year's (midnight) either. That was intended for adults, and we have the right to laugh at raunchy jokes if we so desire. Who died and made you the dictator of what's funny or not?
You're right. And I put blame on parents mostly. However, there is a total lack of decency anymore. You dont have to stay up late to see sex this and sex that among other things on regular tv anymore. They cant even give us a Super Bowl without sex in commercials. Or a half time show with a woman who looks like she should be a stripper.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 PM

3,029 posts, read 2,110,532 times
I am worried about those who think a 5 year old giving a bj is part of normal child exploration. It is not. But if you don't believe me, look it up. See what psychologists say.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:41 PM

44,413 posts, read 35,877,934 times
I don't know which is sadder - this story, or the crude and lackadaisical responses of some of the people on this thread.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 PM

1,731 posts, read 1,163,397 times
"As long as they weren't praying!" That's what the liberals are thinking.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM

21,483 posts, read 13,641,712 times
A lot of good parents now only let their kids watch videos that the parents know what is being shown. No reason to let kids watch TV, the stores are full of good, decent videos they can watch and most people have DVDs.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 PM

17,497 posts, read 10,622,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
This is a lot worse than a preschooler staying up late to watch Letterman. I think one or more of these children may have been sexually abused.
Seems to me most are more concerned with late night tv, then what actually happened at a "preschool"

Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,762,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Were you there when it happened? If not, how do you know what actually occurred? If the actions were as explicit as some here are implying, I agree the parents need to be questioned regarding sexual abuse.

Science. It's common knowledge to those who know anything about human biology and sexuality.
Does someone need to draw you a picture with crayons to get the picture?? The article provided enough info for everyone else to get the picture.

Put up links to support what science has proven regarding 4/5 year old children and sexual behavior/response.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 PM

8,743 posts, read 5,762,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
A lot of good parents now only let their kids watch videos that the parents know what is being shown. No reason to let kids watch TV, the stores are full of good, decent videos they can watch and most people have DVDs.
It's reached a point with me that I get more enjoyment watching the animated movies made for children, and I don't have any children at home!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies