U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 01:35 AM

10,218 posts, read 6,776,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's nothing to get. It simply isn't true.

No roads/infrastructure? No businesses. No products/services. No jobs.
LOLZ. So you are saying the benefit of roads for a burger flipper are the same as a small business owner who makes little American flags on toothpicks? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Exactly why do you think so many corporations are choosing to do exactly that?
Please read what I write. I said from the ground up.... Do you need me to highlight that fact? So please go to China with nothing in your pocket and achieve the same amount of success as if you just got off the boat into American with nothing in your pocket! Good luck!

Quote:
Look in the mirror. You're describing yourself. How many U.S. jobs have been shipped overseas because the cost of operating/manufacturing here are too expensive?
A lot of jobs are being shipped overseas because we don't want half our country living on a few thousand USD a year, nor hazardous smog levels, heavy metal contamination in water supplies, severe desertification of our fertile lands, etc. But then again, I bet pollution is easier and cheap to clean up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 01:36 AM

33,046 posts, read 21,952,602 times
Quote:
It's a global economy.

Think global,, invest local?

Old 02-09-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
It was a response to this:
And there are many expats who've moved to much lower cost countries.
There sure are, but they keep a dual citizenship because they aren't stupid.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
It was a response to this:
And there are many expats who've moved to much lower cost countries.

what are some good countries for an older burger flipper?

Old 02-09-2013, 01:39 AM

66,240 posts, read 30,169,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Um, the federal income tax is designed to benefit the middle class, so I'm not surprised you're good with that. So you support paying less than your fair share if that's what federal tax law allows. Got it.
Looking at IRS data, the entire bottom 95% are paying less than their fair share as defined by paying a percentage of federal income tax revenue that matches their share of the income.
Quote:
I profit on Social Security ONLY if I live long enough. I do not expect to live to retirement age, and would consider myself fortunate if I even live to 62 (i.e. long enough to get SOME of my Social Security 'contributions' back). I have an actual medical prognosis which does not expect me to reach 62.
Genetic or self-inflicted?

Some examples of self-inflicted illnesses are those induced by smoking, abusing drugs and/or alcohol, obesity, etc.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 AM

Quote:
And some people disregard the additional costs borne by rental property owners.

For example:
Landlords face rising costs as Rent Board prepares vote on increases

Fortunately, I'm not one of those people. I try to keep rental property ownership costs low, including taxes. I understand that low income renters literally need all the rental housing the private sector is willing, able, and allowed to provide.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Looking at IRS data, the entire bottom 95% are paying less than their fair share as defined by paying a percentage of federal income tax revenue that matches their share of the income.
Well then we need to banish the 95% then! They add nothing to this country since their fair share as defined by some arbitrary federal income tax % is less! Burn them all! The wealthy of this country can do everything the 95% could have done but twice as well I tellz you!!! Burn them!@!@#@@!@!

Old 02-09-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
LOLZ. So you are saying the benefit of roads for a burger flipper are the same as a small business owner who makes little American flags on toothpicks? IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME?!?!?!?!
Yep. No burger business; no need for a burger flipper.
Quote:
Please read what I write. I said from the ground up....
Good grief. You live in a bubble.

Attention, U.S. startups: Don't ignore China
Quote:
A lot of jobs are being shipped overseas because we don't want half our country living on a few thousand USD a year, nor hazardous smog levels, heavy metal contamination in water supplies, severe desertification of our fertile lands, etc. But then again, I bet pollution is easier and cheap to clean up.
AND people won't pay the bloated prices necessary for goods manufactured in the U.S. So... look around your home. How many products do you have that were manufactured outside the U.S.?

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
There sure are, but they keep a dual citizenship because they aren't stupid.
Wow. You really do live in a bubble.

American Expatriates Renounce Citizenship Over Taxes

Old 02-09-2013, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Well then we need to banish the 95% then!
No need. Just make them pay their fair share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies