Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Probably zero, which is why I'd be happy to organize a wedge campaign if I could make enough to live on.

Democrats badly NEED to lose working class support.
It'll never happen. They're too uninformed and have no motivation whatsoever to change that fact. Sorry.

I should add that they have no motivation to inform themselves because many of them are paying little to no federal income tax, so they don't care one way or the other.

Remember... 47 to 51% of tax-eligible individuals/heads of households pay no federal income tax whatsoever. In their minds, there's no need for change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Seniors ar enot exempt here in texas , however you can get a freeze for life on property taxes when you hit 65
That makes sense... I had never heard of not having a property tax bill that is payable sometime just for being a senior.

Some States allow deferrals... payment is deferred as long as you meet certain requirements.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Which is why I insist that any 'immigration reform' include provisions to compernsate no/low skilled legal workers (e.g. existing citizens) for the economic damages they have suffered as a result of illegal immigration.

Again, I remind readers that a childless legal burger flipper pays over $500/year in federal income tax.
Oh please

a burger flipper quit the crying than a burgerflipper making 15k pays 500.....meaning less than 4%

Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It'll never happen. They're too uninformed and have no motivation whatsoever to change that fact. Sorry.

I should add that they have no motivation to inform themselves because many of them are paying little to no federal income tax, so they don't care one way or the other.

Remember... 47 to 51% of tax-eligible individuals/heads of households pay no federal income tax whatsoever. In their minds, there's no need for change.

Focus groups will show how it can be done. A third party might be what is needed in order to send a message to both major parties. Republicans also (mostly at state and local levels) need to quit soaking the poor with regressive taxes.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Oh please ...a burgerflipper making 15k pays 500.....meaning less than 4%
Yeah, that's ridiculously low.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
When I was in first grade, there was hardly ever any real food in the house (but vast volumes of beer in the refrigerator), I missed school about half the time, and was fed ketchup sandwiches (as the closest available substitutes to real food).

And if I had ever had any actual daycare I would have been yanked out of that home in a hurry (hopefully).
so thats your EXCUSE,,,, its my parents(real/adopted/foster) fault, that I never took the steps to self improvement

Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Oh please

a burger flipper quit the crying than a burgerflipper making 15k pays 500.....meaning less than 4%

That 'mere' 4% makes the difference for many burger flippers between being able and not able to save for retirement, for a rainy day, for buying a home, etc. It is sufficient to prevent them from building wealth.

Vast difference between being able to retire in a home you own (no more rent inflation, possibly a paid-off mortgage) and never being able to retire because you're paying half your income on inflated rent.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Focus groups will show how it can be done. A third party might be what is needed in order to send a message to both major parties. Republicans also (mostly at state and local levels) need to quit soaking the poor with regressive taxes.
There are no regressive taxes. Look at the federal, state, and local government spending received by the poor per dollar of taxes they pay...

Old 02-08-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
so thats your EXCUSE,,,, its my parents fault, that I never took the steps to self improvement

I started around the two year line. Be grateful you started out closer to mid-field. You think egregious neglect has trivial consequences for children? Try learning something about child development.

You try growing up with a strung-out mother who was never available and who dragged you up to the roof so she could shoot up. And who then handed you off to flaming alcoholics. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I was born with an obscure dystrophy (which is supposed to kill me prematurely, although reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated). Also my eyes are unable to consistently make eye contact (I was abandoned iin a playpen at an odd angle to the TV which was my only visual stimulation) - maybe that impairs job interviews? Guess that's an excuse as well.

Last edited by freemkt; 02-08-2013 at 11:27 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Yeah, that's ridiculously low.

Don't fall for that being the only government user fee for the poor, not the very poor since taxes are not even possible with an effective surplus, but the marginally poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies