U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Reputation: 3745

Advertisements

NHS works great, so long as you don't get sick.

NHS scandal: Hospital 'box-tick' culture that cost hundreds of lives | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 10,161,964 times
Reputation: 5113
Lol @ US Health System

Works great, as long as you don't get sick.

Medical Errors Harm Huge Number of Patients - US News and World Report
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM
 
25,631 posts, read 30,350,635 times
Reputation: 23111
Yup, I bet Obozo's daughters will NEVER have to deal with the torrent of **** coming towards America's Health Care system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:33 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Lol @ US Health System

Works great, as long as you don't get sick.

Medical Errors Harm Huge Number of Patients - US News and World Report
Can you sue NHS for damages? Do hospitals send home internal bleeding patients with "sick buckets"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Jawjah
2,468 posts, read 1,593,475 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post

It is expected to blame managers who cut costs and reduced staffing levels in an attempt to hit Labour’s ‘efficiency’ targets and win foundation status.


Thats exactly what the Tea Partiers want to do in the US! Implement UK style "austerity" (Cameron is a conservative) and cut hospital and gubmint staff to install the "LET HIM DIE!!!" rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post

It is expected to blame managers who cut costs and reduced staffing levels in an attempt to hit Labour’s ‘efficiency’ targets and win foundation status.


Thats exactly what the Tea Partiers want to do in the US! Implement UK style "austerity" (Cameron is a conservative) and cut hospital and gubmint staff to install the "LET HIM DIE!!!" rule.
The cuts were in 2005 to 2008 when the economy was relatively robust in the country.

NHS has not been the target of austerity for the most part. Growth is rampant in the system, especially among fat cat administrators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Reputation: 3745
No austerity in NHS it seems.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yup, I bet Obozo's daughters will NEVER have to deal with the torrent of **** coming towards America's Health Care system.
Socialism is for the people, not the uber wealthy socialists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 07:56 AM
 
Location: New London County, CT
8,950 posts, read 10,161,964 times
Reputation: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Can you sue NHS for damages? Do hospitals send home internal bleeding patients with "sick buckets"?
1) I don't know. Doesn't the right wing favor tort reform, to limit your right to sue here?!?!?
2) I was sent home with a catheter bag due to a kidney stone. Was hemorrhaging on the ride home

Get your head out of your ***. There is nothing special about our medical system for the average patient. I had much better treatment in a socialized Toronto Hospital when I fell ill there, than I ever did here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Reputation: 3745
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
1) I don't know. Doesn't the right wing favor tort reform, to limit your right to sue here?!?!?
2) I was sent home with a catheter bag due to a kidney stone. Was hemorrhaging on the ride home

Get your head out of your ***. There is nothing special about our medical system for the average patient. I had much better treatment in a socialized Toronto Hospital when I fell ill there, than I ever did here.
That's funny...my liberal ex-girlfriend couldn't wait to get home from Britain to receive proper care when she broke her arm abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:09 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top