U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 AM

44,924 posts, read 28,231,372 times

Advertisements

Does he have to prove everything he says, frets Lauer? I guess he sure does since these pictures make up some great propaganda.

Notice the word one of Lauer's guests uses in place of shot gun. I wonder how many of THEM really know the difference.

NBC's Lauer Frets Over Obama Gun Photo: 'Now the President Always Has to Back Up His Words With Proof?' | NewsBusters

Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM

6,957 posts, read 7,784,437 times
IMHO, the entire story surrounding the photo is a fairly large joke. I'm not sure exactly why Obama's PR team thought that they should put a photo out 'proving' that Obama "goes shooting all the time." Taking into consideration the amount of distrust that half of this country has toward the current president, a fairly dim-witted eight grader could have told them there would be a lot of flak over this.

Quite frankly, I don't believe that Obama is a regular firearms user. However, that's beside the point. Whether he uses a firearm once a week, once a year, or once a decade doesn't actually have any affect on me. What matters are his policies, and when it comes to gun control, especially the whole "assault rifles" and high capacity magazine portion of gun control, his policies are based on inaccuracies and lies.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM

10,032 posts, read 7,127,604 times
Matt Lauer is a weenie. The only reason to watch that show was Katie Couric's high hem lines.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:51 PM

29,757 posts, read 16,447,864 times
"Does he have to prove everything he says?" -Yes, just like a child caught lying too many times, he does.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,484,395 times
During the Tuesday panel discussion, advertising executive Donny Deutsch admitted that the image of a gun-toting Obama was a "contrived photo," but defended it for its propaganda value

Read more: NBC's Lauer Frets Over Obama Gun Photo: 'Now the President Always Has to Back Up His Words With Proof?' | NewsBusters

Kinda like his contrived birth certificate.

Once a liar, always a liar.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,341,824 times
Default NBC's Lauer frets over Obama picture with shot gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Does he have to prove everything he says, frets Lauer? I guess he sure does since these pictures make up some great propaganda.

Notice the word one of Lauer's guests uses in place of shot gun. I wonder how many of THEM really know the difference.

NBC's Lauer Frets Over Obama Gun Photo: 'Now the President Always Has to Back Up His Words With Proof?' | NewsBusters

From what I've read, it's the Obamaphobic lunatic fringe that's hatching multiple conspiracy theories over that photo.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,067,276 times
I don't understand what the big deal is with skeet shooting and hunting with a shot gun. I know folks in New York may not have ever held a gun, but where I come from, we start teaching gun use and safety from an early age. I'm not opposed to back ground checks, reducing magazine sizes, or things of that nature. I think the assault weapons ban is just silly, doesn't do anything.

It also doesn't mean a damned thing to me, good or bad, that the President skeet shoots.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,859,138 times
Obama took it upon himself to "prove" that he has shot a gun before. Obama set the new standard for himself by releasing the picture.

Wouldn't you want someone you know who claims they drive race cars all the time to show you a picture of them driving a race car?

Of course you would, or else you'd go around thinking the person was a liar.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 PM

12,627 posts, read 18,172,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
IMHO, the entire story surrounding the photo is a fairly large joke. I'm not sure exactly why Obama's PR team thought that they should put a photo out 'proving' that Obama "goes shooting all the time." Taking into consideration the amount of distrust that half of this country has toward the current president, a fairly dim-witted eight grader could have told them there would be a lot of flak over this.

Quite frankly, I don't believe that Obama is a regular firearms user. However, that's beside the point. Whether he uses a firearm once a week, once a year, or once a decade doesn't actually have any affect on me. What matters are his policies, and when it comes to gun control, especially the whole "assault rifles" and high capacity magazine portion of gun control, his policies are based on inaccuracies and lies.
Because they are trying to do damage control. obama has made no apologies for being anti gun unless it is black gang members in the chicago area then he does not thingk they should be punished more severly for gun crimes He would rather take away guns from law abiding citizens and let the gang members run wild with their illegally gotten guns...

He is hoping that by showing him with a gun the sheeple will push that see he is not anti gun like the right is trying to say that he is.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,231,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
"Does he have to prove everything he says?" -Yes, just like a child caught lying too many times, he does.

Very well said, Frank. I think you just pointed out the reason that the fools let that picture get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies