Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Strawdogs to the rescue.
This thread is a strawman argument. Let's find random crimes across the globe and attach them to one religion and then blame all people of that faith. Might as well say you hate all blonde hair blue eyed people cause you hate putting together ikea furniture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,101 times
A completely ridiculous thread. How some people can paint over 1 BILLION Muslims worldwide with the same wide (and ignorant) brush is simply beyond me. Do you honestly think all Muslims are like this? Good God. I have numerous Muslim friends who live both here in the US and also abroad (Malaysia, UAE, France, UK, Pakistan). And guess what? They're just normal people like you and me (well, maybe just me in this situation). They have never tried to "convert" me or harass me, or impose their views on me in any way, shape, or form. We simply respect that some people believe different things than others. It's a complete non-issue. BTW, my friend who lives in Pakistan (Lahore) is one of the biggest Israel supporters that I've ever met. Ever. So, please, take your stupid stereotypes, your ignorance, and your bigotry, and go away.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:34 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
A completely ridiculous thread. How some people can paint over 1 BILLION Muslims worldwide with the same wide (and ignorant) brush is simply beyond me. Do you honestly think all Muslims are like this? Good God. I have numerous Muslim friends who live both here in the US and also abroad (Malaysia, UAE, France, UK, Pakistan). And guess what? They're just normal people like you and me (well, maybe just me in this situation). They have never tried to "convert" me or harass me, or impose their views on me in any way, shape, or form. We simply respect that some people believe different things than others. It's a complete non-issue. BTW, my friend who lives in Pakistan (Lahore) is one of the biggest Israel supporters that I've ever met. Ever. So, please, take your stupid stereotypes, your ignorance, and your bigotry, and go away.
My friends are in Malaysia as well. It's ignorance like this topic that just breeds more ignorance, contempt & fear. The smarter people know better.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:04 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
This!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:38 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Same can be said of Christianity, both religions profess to be religions of peace. But just read their holy books, wow, should be slapped with an R rating.
Please post articles on Christian suicide bombers, Christians who set off bombs in restaurants and kill non-Christian believers....

BTW, mankind has always been a violent race but most of humanity has learned civility except radical Islamists who intimidate everyone else...

Last edited by plwhit; 02-06-2013 at 05:48 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
My friends are in Malaysia as well. It's ignorance like this topic that just breeds more ignorance, contempt & fear. The smarter people know better.
Smarter as in people who live in the stone age?, people who believe women are to be treated worse than rabid dogs?, people who will kill those who are not of their own faith and intimidate the remainder of their faith with death, dismemberment and stoning if they speak up against them?

THOSE people? Yeah I guess you're right...

Look at what a very minor number of Nazi's did but you think radical Islamists are any different? LMAO

Old 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
You can't cite the Iraq or Afghanistan examples, these rebels are fighting tyranny imposed on them by the USA.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
You can't cite the Iraq or Afghanistan examples, these rebels are fighting tyranny imposed on them by the USA.
Riiight.....

Crimes of War – Afghanistan

List of massacres in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taliban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

America replaced the peace-loving regime of the taliban and al qaeda in Afganistan with a brutal repressive regime....

Amazing what they teach in those progressive liberal colleges.....

NFN, what is that address you use? It sure isn't an apartment building.....

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/98...84062542_zpid/

Lies lies and more lies.... (just like your Islamist brothers put out)....

Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Please post articles on Christian suicide bombers, Christians who set off bombs in restaurants and kill non-Christian believers....

BTW, mankind has always been a violent race but most of humanity has learned civility except radical Islamists who intimidate everyone else...
Irish republican army. Use Google.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Irish republican army. Use Google.
Ummm, maybe I'm mistaken but that was basically confined to Ireland, nice try but no banana....

How many Irish suicide bombers were there in Pakistan? Canada? United States? Mexico?

Use common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies