Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,061,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3783 View Post
The only lesson you have taught me is to not huff turpentine out of a brown paper bag with meth-addled prostitutes and then post on C-D.

I agree.... you are talking to a real winner there.... he sounds like he is in love with that skanky low self esteem ho

I love that judge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,051,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Interesting. I just read the wikipedia article.

I learned about Rick Ross by reading the book Dark Alliance by Gary Webb.
The whole period is very interesting. A lot of Miami boys were fleeing to LA, taking cocaine with them right around the crack epidemic. Mrs Blanco came in the mid 80s after Miami became too hot.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yeah, yeah, you're going to make a great lawyer.
They would have to finish high school first before even thinking about Law School...

Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,885,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What I don't understand is why that girl didn't have a lawyer, a public defender, or SOMEBODY representing her and telling her how to behave. It looked like a first appearance hearing. But I don't understand why she didn't at least have a public defender.
That is a good question. A public defender should have been representing her.

In California - all misdemeanor and felony defendants are offered a public defender before they make their plea at the arraignment. Often times a PD is appointed for a felony defendant - but midemeanor defendants may choose to represent themselves.

If Florida doesn't do the same, then they need to reform their criminal injustice system.

The judge should have appointed a public defender for her once he became displeased with her.

The judge is the one who should be in jail - for negligence of duty.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
He didn't ruin anything, if anything, he might have given this twit the wake up call she desperately needs. It was clear doubling her bond meant nothing, she might have rich parents who buy her expensive jewelry, what she needs now is 30 days in jail, it *might* cause her to rethink some things that need rethinking.

No way should she have been allowed to disrespect the legal system like that. And she didn't in the end.
You and I agree on something Definitely sounds like she could use a wakeup call

Old 02-06-2013, 08:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,378,883 times
Quote:
The judge is probally a liberal.

Liberals tend to be infatuated with power and control.

They are geneally anti-liberty.
A liberal? LMAO

An Hispanic in Miami, most likely Cuban American, is probably a liberal??? Dear god! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a LONG time.

Most of the state court judges in Miami are Cuban American. As a whole, older Cuban Americans are certainly NOT LIBERALS. Let's see. Do you suppose they think that Castro is a "liberal"...

The question I have is why didn't the girl have a lawyer representing her? If she could not afford one, she would be entitled to a public defender.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,051,922 times
Quote:
That is a good question. A public defender should have been representing her.

In California - all misdemeanor and felony defendants are offered a public defender before they make their plea at the arraignment. Often times a PD is appointed for a felony defendant - but midemeanor defendants may choose to represent themselves.

If Florida doesn't do the same, then they need to reform their criminal injustice system.
I don't think this is done for bail. She was arrested, and probably going in front of the judge to see if she would be charged or released. And if charged, if she can post bail and how much. This often happens within 6-12 hours of being arrested.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,885,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
They would have to finish high school first before even thinking about Law School...
I accomplished that objective many years a go.

Did you?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,378,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
The whole period is very interesting. A lot of Miami boys were fleeing to LA, taking cocaine with them right around the crack epidemic. Mrs Blanco came in the mid 80s after Miami became too hot.
Mrs. Blanco. NOW she was quite the person to deal with from what I have read!! Cocaine Cowboys time in Miami! Is she still alive, do you know? I thought I read that she died or was killed.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
I accomplished that objective many years a go.

Did you?
You know it.... at a better school probably
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies