Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:37 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Why is that "good"?

Because you disagree with it, they should be banned?
Actually the fraternity's national organization had a problem with the way in which the Duke chapter of Kappa Sigma is portraying/undermining its image....and they suspended the Duke chapter. Yes, a very good move on the part of the national organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
If people would stop throwing money at this college, maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee that something is wrong, when minorities won't even indulge them of going to that school, even if they paid their full tuition and whatnot. The future will drag them down, and people who do not believe in antics such as these should not go there as well; hit these types of organizations where it hurts which is in their pockets and make them notorious as well.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, Democrats pandering to minorities for votes is the reason Republicans are losing minorities. It's easier to hear a Democrat tell you that your failures aren't your fault, that evil people are holding you down than it is to hear a Republican tell you that you need to take responsibility for yourself.
Pandering = giving minorities respect...got it. Republican president in 2016? Don't hold your breath.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
More and more of the racism in the US is intra-minority. Sad, but true.

We can all wrap ourselves in the safe-comfy blanket that the racists out there look and sound like archie bunker and vote republican....but more and more each day they look brown, black or asian. Maybe I just notice it because of the languages I speak and my time around a broad variety of ethnicities over the years.

It's ok though, only whites can be racist, otherwise it's ok.

Lol. I know it's mostly just scoring political points and not any real outrage over racism....hence the kid gloves directed toward traditional party voters. Hmmmm.....quick question....which ethnic group commits hate crimes vs. gays at the vastly highest rate per capita?
This again shows why the GOP is losing minorities. To people like you, racism is a political word.to you, no one can genuinely believe something is racist, they must only be using it to score political points.

And no one said whites are the only ones capable of racism, but you are responding to an article where white were racist and you are defending it by simply saying "they think differently than you"

you even admitted what they did was wrong later on, you just said you have a problem with people calling it racist instead of just plain wrong.

it makes it look like you are defending racism simply because the person is white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ray, we know you can't actually debate me on the topic and come away with a shred of dignity so your playing the "deflection" card is acknowledged.

I merely noted how the misdeeds of rich white frat boys makes for a great big target for people to swoop in and make racist statements about whites while the ignore other instances. What's especially funny is that we had a thread about NYC flash mobs beating up indians the other day and it got 3 posts or so in before the poster was accused of racism because the flash mob was mostly black. Hmmmm, well now isn't that an interesting set of rules.

P.S. I'm not a righty, which is why I will keep dragging you back to topic while you hope I just devolve into partisan name calling like you just did. It's your only chance.
but you are deflecting.You said that democrats allow minorities to not take responsibility for their lives and that this is the reason they get the minority vote.

I completely disagree with that andit is about as off topic as it can get considering this article has nothing to do with an argument of that type. The asians being mocked did nothing wrong, they are simply being mocked for being asian and you are ,again, defending this by saying people who think different arent always wrong.

The embolden part is especially hilarious. Again it looks like you are defending what they did simply because they are white.

and for the second embolden part, no its not interesting, its precedence. I have been on many threads that have turned into " This gives us the right to kill any black person that looks at us funny". it is no different than the Obama forums where someone says " how long will it take for Godwin's law to take effect.

The poster you are talking about never once defended the actions of the people in the article( but you did), they simply said that C-D has a problem with forums like that turning into anti black forums and he/she would be right.

and yes you are a righty, maybe not a republican, but you are a righty.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Where were the tolerant liberals when everyone was laughing at the funny little asian guy doing the horsie dance?
And Psy is laughing all the way to the bank. If u think someone made him do it or we were laughing just because he's Asian, you missed the point.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Actually the fraternity's national organization had a problem with the way in which the Duke chapter of Kappa Sigma is portraying/undermining its image....and they suspended the Duke chapter. Yes, a very good move on the part of the national organization.
Actually, this is what the nationals always do. The fraternity culture encourages this kind of behavior, then national disavows all responsibility when things go wrong. I think fraternities are an anachronism and they should be banned.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:54 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
And Psy is laughing all the way to the bank. If u think someone made him do it or we were laughing just because he's Asian, you missed the point.

The song was only popular because it had a funny little Asian guy doing a silly dance.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
The song was only popular because it had a funny little Asian guy doing a silly dance.
Does that mean Party Rock was only popular because funny little white people where doing silly dances in it ?

the only constant there is dubstep and silly dancing.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:01 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
No, Democrats pandering to minorities for votes is the reason Republicans are losing minorities. It's easier to hear a Democrat tell you that your failures aren't your fault, that evil people are holding you down than it is to hear a Republican tell you that you need to take responsibility for yourself.
With every post like this, your side loses another potential voter. Keep it up guys, keep it up.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
No. It had a GUY doing a nerdy dance around goofy people. That's like saying "I'm too sexy" was popular because the guys were French.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies