U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 PM

409 posts, read 769,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Gov Brown was right. $24,000 was literally the single smallest radio ad buy in the entire state of California. That's all Brown said and the OP is full of it when he insinuates anything else. BTW I like Brown especially last December when NJ Gov Chris Cristy claimed Brown was "an old washed up retread". Brown pointed out that he might be in his mid 70's but he still runs three miles a day in under 27 minutes plus he does push ups and pull ups every day then challenged Christie to a competition to see who could do all three the fastest/best. Does anyone think Brown wouldn't kick Christie's tubby butt?
Twenty four thousand! that's it? We've been double dissed by the Kmart of states
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 11:52 PM

14,744 posts, read 13,251,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
We would be guessing to say you've never been to Texas?
Mountain Trail Region | Participant in the Texas Historical Commission's Texas Heritage Trails Program

Ocean Vacations in Texas | USA Today
Texas beaches are diverse in characteristics and temperate in climate. Islands and beaches attract visitors seeking a vacation inclusive of water sports, eco-tourism experiences, and nightlife. Vacations to the Texas coast can be experienced during any season.

Texas is a beautiful state, you should visit sometime.
There's no place to go skiing in Texas and the mountains are not as high.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM

14,744 posts, read 13,251,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
There are a lot of businesses, especially tech businesses, who deliberately locate here because of the deep talent pool and because of the best in the world availability of venture capital funding opportunities. When it comes to venture capital for start ups just southern California by itself exceeds any other state in venture capital funding while the bay area by itself gets more venture capital investment than the entire rest of the country combined. Yes, California is that dominate in venture capital firms funding start ups.
That's why Facebook established itself in California.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 AM

4,375 posts, read 2,747,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
I didn't know you were a psychic...Would you like to meet sometime face to face...
Good grief, learn how to use the ellipsis properly. You're embarrassing yourself more and more every time to attempt to end a sentence with it. You never end a sentence with an ellipsis - it's either a period, question mark, or exclamation mark.

That being said, I live in Los Angeles, I am self-employed, and it's a great place to live. I love it here and I've only lived here for 10 months.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:00 AM

1,167 posts, read 944,518 times
Quote:
Good grief, learn how to use the ellipsis properly. You're embarrassing yourself more and more every time to attempt to end a sentence with it. You never end a sentence with an ellipsis - it's either a period, question mark, or exclamation mark.
No.......................................Really... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................Thank... .................................................. .................................you.............. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

BTW............................................... ..Enjoy........................................The .............................Smog................. .....................

Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 AM

Quote:
No.......................................Really... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................Thank... .................................................. .................................you.............. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

BTW............................................... ..Enjoy........................................The .............................Smog................. .....................
I don't get what you're trying to prove here, but what I do know is that is not the proper use of the period punctuation mark. I say do you really trail off and sound like an "Emo" teenager whenever you speak to your other suburbanite neighbors?

Also, what does the smog have to do with Los Angeles? Sure it gets pretty cloudy (and I love that actually), but smog? I dunno. It sure is nice to see the Hollywood sign though.

Oh take away the "beauty" and businesses will flock? Please! Dude, I already explained it to you - this is the Entertainment Capitol of the world! Anything and everything you liker entertainment-wise got its start in...guess where?...Hollywood! Do you even know what the definition of a cesspool is?

I can tell you that your brain is a great example of one. Now get back on topic or stop posting in this thread.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Do you even know what the definition of a cesspool is
Los Angeles?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Los Angeles?
That is a city, not a definition of word.

Again - do you or do you not know the definition of cesspool? I suggest you look it up in a dictionary and Google the term so you understand it.

You're welcome.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:59 AM

Quote:
That is a city, not a definition of word.

Again - do you or do you not know the definition of cesspool? I suggest you look it up in a dictionary and Google the term so you understand it.

You're welcome.
I've visited Los Angeles and IMHO there's no difference.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I've visited Los Angeles and IMHO there's no difference.

Right because "visiting" a place gives you the right to judge whether or not it's a cesspool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies