Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

All police officers are not corrupt and abuse their power, but there are plenty that make the news that are.
Why would anyone be surprised that a former cop of all people would resort to violence to settle grievances? Is not violence the main weapon of police?

Meh

It is a shame he killed innocent people, but like gang members killing each other, they kill innocents as well as each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Anyone who has a brain in their head. Any one person who kills the innocent for no reason, is scum.

Mature people don't go around killing those family members of people they don't like or have a gripe with, that is so unrealistic.

I don't know this Man, but do know some very fine police officers who do work for the force. Let me tell you something, don't you dare paint the piciture of all police in all police forces as being bad or corrupt . That is simply a bold face lie.

I know many fine outstanding police officers, who would gladly and proudly turn one of their own in, and they have.

The corrupt police, politicians, lawyers, teachers, judges, Doctors, screw it for those who follow the rules.

In every profession, you have scum, and you have those that play by the rules. The person i know who knows a police officer who does know Dorner, says, he is not the type that likes orders, or can take no for a answer.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Ya think she agrees with you?
Is that one of the innocent Asian women who were ambushed by the LAPD while on a newspaper run?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Seriously.

And to anyone that wants to try to sound like a stalwart tough guy and say that there are casualties in any conflict or any crap like that... how would you feel if your kid got to be the casualty?

The man may have a legit grievance with the LAPD - I won't deny that at all. Again, I hate the LAPD. But, he crossed the line into cold-blooded murderer when he killed Michelle Quan and Keith Lawrence.

There was no reason for them to die, at all. None.
How come you don't say the same thing when American bombs kill innocent civilians? Why is collateral damage accepted? Why aren't the leaders who ordered those strikes branded as 'evil' and told there is no excuse for the taking of innocent life?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Is that one of the innocent Asian women who were ambushed by the LAPD while on a newspaper run?
No...just a victim of your "Freedom Fighter."

Old 02-08-2013, 04:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
LAPD needs their weapons taken from them. Your fair game if you drive a pickup truck apparently. Well now I guess he burned it so your safe until he's spotted in something else. Unbelievable.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
How come you don't say the same thing when American bombs kill innocent civilians? Why is collateral damage accepted? Why aren't the leaders who ordered those strikes branded as 'evil' and told there is no excuse for the taking of innocent life?
How would you know whether or not I say anything about it?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Perhaps, but look at this way. He was right and tried to do the right thing but ran up against that corrupt "blue code of silence" and got fired. Do you think he had much of a chance to get another job? Then let that rage build up inside a person...wham...he wants to get even....

It would be nice for the press to look into his case for being fired and see what is there...
That is exactly what they should be doing, but they're not investigating his claims. It's much easier to cover the weather.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
The reason we have (in theory) a transparent system where the government and authority figures are held accountable is to prevent this type of vigilantism. This incident proves that the system isn't working.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Anyone who has a brain in their head. Any one person who kills the innocent for no reason, is scum.

Mature people don't go around killing those family members of people they don't like or have a gripe with, that is so unrealistic.

I don't know this Man, but do know some very fine police officers who do work for the force. Let me tell you something, don't you dare paint the piciture of all police in all police forces as being bad or corrupt . That is simply a bold face lie.

I know many fine outstanding police officers, who would gladly and proudly turn one of their own in, and they have.

The corrupt police, politicians, lawyers, teachers, judges, Doctors, screw it for those who follow the rules.

In every profession, you have scum, and you have those that play by the rules. The person i know who knows a police officer who does know Dorner, says, he is not the type that likes orders, or can take no for a answer.
I don't believe what your friend of a friend says about Dorner. He had an outstanding career before this happened to him.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:37 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,235,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Some in the muslim world view the 9/11 hijackers as freedom fighters. Obviously you don't see it that way do you? What you see are kids, women and men on planes and in buildings who were targeted wrongfully.

Just sayin'..............
They have their perspective. You have yours. I have mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies