Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This story has so many layers.

Dorner breaks the blue code an reports the physical abuse doled out by his superior.

Dorner is fired for making the report which now appears to have some credence.

Dorner goes on an inexcusable course of vengeance in the course of which is alleged to have murder two officers with no connection to the abuse charges or his firing.

While searching for Dorner, the LAPD and Torrence police shoot two totally innocent people and another vehicle that is unconnected to to Dorner other that it is a truck.

It is like the story has gone full circle, it begins with the report of police abuse and as so far exposed the very type of abuse - not unprecedented in LA - that he was fired for reporting. It is like Dorner in the most inexcusable manner has cast not only a spotlight on himself but the very issue that began this cycle of violence.

Even Hollywood couldn't have come up with this story arch.
It's like a bad mixture of keystone cops and a horror movie.
I just hope it opens some eyes to just the kind of incompetency and corruption surrounding police departments.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
It's almost over now.... Dorner stole a vehicle and was seen, then went up a mtn to a cabin where he fought off 2 Sheriffs wounding them but he's a dead man a bit later this evening... May have 2 hostages.

I hope the cops put a bullet in his head, save us all a sob story.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:15 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
It's almost over now.... Dorner stole a vehicle and was seen, then went up a mtn to a cabin where he fought off 2 Sheriffs wounding them but he's a dead man a bit later this evening... May have 2 hostages.

I hope the cops put a bullet in his head, save us all a sob story.
He has killed how many police?

He's a dead man walking...

Old 02-12-2013, 04:51 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
He has killed how many police?

He's a dead man walking...
Unless the cops totally screw up, he is a dead man tonight.

If the cops do screw up and he gets away again I am not sure if i will be able to survive it myself.

We will know by morning..

I believe his total now is 3 cops wounded, 2 dead and that Ms Quan daughter of the guy that he thinks crossed him.

The LAPD total now is 2 dead trucks both wrong make model and color, one Asia shot in the back her daughter wounded, and some guy who was headed out to go surfing.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Unless the cops totally screw up, he is a dead man tonight.

If the cops do screw up and he gets away again I am not sure if i will be able to survive it myself.

We will know by morning..

I believe his total now is 3 cops wounded, 2 dead and that Ms Quan daughter of the guy that he thinks crossed him.

The LAPD total now is 2 dead trucks both wrong make model and color, one Asia shot in the back her daughter wounded, and some guy who was headed out to go surfing.
If he gets away the police agencies involved lose total credibility...

If he dies everyone will believe he was murdered. Especially since they are trying to get the media out of there. Then they lose total credibility.

Best case scenario is he gives up or they go in and get him alive and then try him openly and air all his grievances.

This addresses the grievances and if legitimate they can be addressed. If they are false well...

Also, if they can convict him without the usual LAPD antics then that would also go a long way to restoring their image.

Or if he is innocent and they don't try to use same antics to play games that will help them too...

Either way... Dorner alive is the only way this ends remotely well for the police.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Very heavy smoke coming from the cabin.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
All it took was intent and some action. He shot at a couple police officers in an ambush. Happened before. What hasn't happened before is his proclamation he will be shooting at police officers. That scares them. And with fear comes paralysis.
That is true. And one day many citizens will stand against rouge police forces

Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Phil is exactly like every other cop: cover the a$$ of other cops at any cost! I for one don't care who Dorner is, what race he is or his reasons. I applaud him for fighting punk thugs that belong to the biggest gang threat in America today: law enforcement.
I agree. The real thugs are the rouge police
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies