Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 10:06 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Oh, I see. It's not that just "Most soldiers, sailors and airman are liars. It is part of the military culture."...
What would lead you to hallucinate that they are somehow mutually exclusive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama
It's both a human nature/ male dominance/pecking order thing.
Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama
Of all the lies to tell about one's military service, 'I was spit on by a woman when I returned' fits right into that theory.
It fits in perfectly.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

The burden of proof is on the affirmative.
And you are affirming respondsible behavior by all civilians towards returning Viet Nam vets. Prove it. No hearsay or "I never heard of it" bs, actual proof.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Airports AGAIN!!!

Why are you guys so invested in this lie? Why do you wanna believe it so badly?
I don't suppose that it has occured to you that the vast majority of returning vets were flown home, thus requiring an airport at arrival?

Exactly where do you think that they arrived, at a coffee shop?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And you are affirming respondsible behavior by all civilians towards returning Viet Nam vets.
Don't be a cretin. I have "affirmed" no such thing.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:11 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
But you weren't. So you know from "personal" nothing. This is how all Urban Legends are sustained, from the most plausible to the most idiotic.

Most soldiers, sailors and airman are liars. It is part of the military culture. All war stories begin with "This is a no-sh*t story..."

The burden of proof is on the affirmative.
How in the hell did you come up with a name referring to history with garbage like this?

Sorry, the burden is on those that are calling the vets liars.

I guess you don't think Thomas Jefferson didn't write the Declaration of Independence because all we have is somebody's word being past on for over 200 years.

I am so glad to see the great respect you have for our Veterans.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You can't appeal to me with ad hominen references to lynching. The photos are there.

Spitting on returning soldiers? No evidence exists, and I don't need to try and prove a negative. Waste of my time.

It's simple really...the stories simply don't add up. The fact that not one single blotter report exists in any west coast port call city showing that at least one out of thousands of returning troops never retaliated is ample proof that it's a big ol lie. Every claim.

What REALLY happened is that Vietnam vets watched Rambo too many times and were inspired by the "spitting and baby killer" (that didn't happen either) line in the movie.
" The photos are there." Concerning how some you view the issue of spitting some of us could say those photos were fake. Couldn't we?

The "reason" to justify denying the issue is, "we don't have any photos".
We don't have photos of a lot of things even you believe, I'd bet.

Show me a photo of Washington crossing the Delaware.

Show me a photo of Lincoln being shot.

You either believe, or you don't. IF you don't you shouldn't demean those that do. It doesn't do well for ones reputation.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM

26,574 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
....., so you fixate on this spittle issue.
it's pretty safe to assume it was the primary reason for the OP posting the letter since it's the title of the thread!

Old 02-09-2013, 11:53 AM

918 posts, read 816,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, the process thru which any legislator is chosen is still intact and was one of the things the fear mongers told us Vietnam threatened. How those legislators bungle the jobs they were chosen to do is a whole 'nother matter.
Are you hallunicating? The Vietnam War and our entrance into it had NOTHING to do with that. It had to do with, at that time, the belief in what was called the Domino Theory. That once the Communists got a foothold in Vietnam all the neighboring s'east Asian countries would fall to them like dominoes. It was o become the reference of criticism of a foreign policy widely described as "making the world safe for democracy". Imo, a justifiable assertion. Go to your local library and read a REAL history book.

So your "fear monger" prattle, trying to link a fear of loss of the process by which OUR legislators are chosen as to a reason for our entrance in the Vietnam War..., is pure BUNK!

If you're not hallucinating I suggest you get help to get off whatever you're adicted to.

My point of comment that you attempted to declare wrong is accurate.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
How in the hell did you come up with a name referring to history with garbage like this?
Uuhhhh... perhaps you should first have made your case that they are in conflict, ya think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough
Sorry, the burden is on those that are calling the vets liars.
Actually, it's not.

The burden of proof is always in the affirmative. And the only affirmative claim in this thread is that Vets were spit on. Anybody can tell a story, and anybody else can pass it on second or third hand.

Quote:
I guess you don't think Thomas Jefferson didn't write the Declaration of Independence because all we have is somebody's word being past on for over 200 years.
Not everybody's word is created equal.

Quote:
I am so glad to see the great respect you have for our Veterans.
I am a veteran, so I'm happy you're glad.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Are you hallunicating? The Vietnam War and our entrance into it had NOTHING to do with that. It had to do with, at that time, the belief in what was called the Domino Theory. That once the Communists got a foothold in Vietnam all the neighboring s'east Asian countries would fall to them like dominoes. It was o become the reference of criticism of a foreign policy widely described as "making the world safe for democracy". Imo, a justifiable assertion. Go to your local library and read a REAL history book.
You're hallucinating if you think any part of the Domino Theory other than "If the pizza isn't there in 30 minutes, it's free" was/is valid.

Quote:
So your "fear monger" prattle, trying to link a fear of loss of the process by which OUR legislators are chosen as to a reason for our entrance in the Vietnam War..., is pure BUNK!
Take your pick, we were fed all kinds of BS as reason for war from the asinine Domino Theory, phantom attacks in the Tonkin Gulf, the good ol' we gotta fight for hot dogs, baseball, and apple pie, go kill a commie! for Christ, to the lie that if South Vietnam went communist, America as we knew it would die.

The BUNK is that there was ever a good reason to become involved in that debacle in the first place.

Quote:
If you're not hallucinating I suggest you get help to get off whatever you're adicted to.

My point of comment that you attempted to declare wrong is accurate.
I suggest you seek help for your belief in fairytales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies