U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,519,126 times
Reputation: 7830

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
They already said with an FFL. You are now back pedaling and derailing. All this fantasy material you keep promoting hasn't done jack squat to curb kooks from killing people. P*issing off legal gun owners seems to be yours and a few others main objectives, not actually curbing violence.
You need to properly address the ones on here who say you can't buy guns by the dozen at a time. I am moving on because I don't care how many you buy at one time as long as you have to pay for a universal background check for each gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:13 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,182 posts, read 32,154,534 times
Reputation: 19742
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You need to properly address the ones on here who say you can't buy guns by the dozen at a time. I am moving on because I don't care how many you buy at one time as long as you have to pay for a universal background check for each gun.
You keep dodging the FFL FACT that's been brought up time and time again.

You can wish all you want. There is your fantasy and then there is how it works. As a Citizen I can walk into a store and buy a gun. Even one you hate. That's just the truth of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Long Island
33,008 posts, read 13,929,165 times
Reputation: 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
False.

In actuality, most (roughly 60%) of the firearms used in the commission of crimes are traceable to federally licensed sellers who disregard federal law in their transactions.

So then what? Should we ban unregulated private sales and federally licensed sellers just to be safe, even if only 1.2% of such sellers actually engage in such corrupt practice?

Accounting for the remaining portion are straw purchasers and, to a much lesser extent, gun shows (yet WE MUST CLOSE THE LOOPHOLE [ban private sales] NOW!!!).

Thus, it's actually quite cretinous that you would blame the average, law-abiding gun owner for gun crime at-large, but this is likely because you fail to realize that being a law-abiding gun owner would entail not
purchasing guns for people legally prohibited from owning them.

This, however, will not matter to ideologues...
I am agreement with you, 60 % of guns traced to a crime were from licensed dealers, actually 1% of the dealers according to Johns Hopkins Research. There is a percentage of illegal handguns that come from private sales, do we let that go or provide enforcement. One of the proposals was to have private sales go through an FFL at no cost to the buyer or seller.

There are many laws that impact law abiding citizens, what legislation would you propose to shut down these illegal transfers that would only impact the sellers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 PM
 
19,025 posts, read 22,230,142 times
Reputation: 7326
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You need to properly address the ones on here who say you can't buy guns by the dozen at a time. I am moving on because I don't care how many you buy at one time as long as you have to pay for a universal background check for each gun.
We don't pay for back ground checks either...... it gets done but at no cost to a buyer...

Really I wish you would grow up ........ The drivel you create gets boring.

Kinda like discussing a modern engine for a truck with a 4 year old.....

The 4 year old wouldn't know a timing belt from a valve spring and like you, you don't know a gun law from a hole in the ground. Most states are not as nannyfied as NJ is.

Could you even pump gas out of state. or would you be reduced to sitting in your car blowing the damned horn?

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 02-08-2013 at 06:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
46,053 posts, read 29,519,126 times
Reputation: 7830
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You keep dodging the FFL FACT that's been brought up time and time again.

You can wish all you want. There is your fantasy and then there is how it works. As a Citizen I can walk into a store and buy a gun. Even one you hate. That's just the truth of it.
I am not the one saying you can't buy more than one gun at a time, I am saying you should have to file a background check on each purchase if something like universal background check were to happen. That is what I would like to see happen.

If you cant comprehend that, then I can't help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 PM
 
19,025 posts, read 22,230,142 times
Reputation: 7326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am agreement with you, 60 % of guns traced to a crime were from licensed dealers, actually 1% of the dealers according to Johns Hopkins Research. There is a percentage of illegal handguns that come from private sales, do we let that go or provide enforcement. One of the proposals was to have private sales go through an FFL at no cost to the buyer or seller.

There are many laws that impact law abiding citizens, what legislation would you propose to shut down these illegal transfers that would only impact the sellers.
Oh hey! I know..... Why don't you grabbers get a law making it illegal for thieves to steal guns....

Just kills me how you grabbers get....

Want ALL guns banned because machines scare the pants off of you, but murdering 1 million + pre born is just friggin fine with you.....

I fear you will have to excuse me me in that i don't respect or believe a word you say ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Long Island
33,008 posts, read 13,929,165 times
Reputation: 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you know 500+ guns are stolen daily?

Nope, did not think you did....
The biggest percentage is "lost" or unable to locate, not stolen - around 25,000 guns per year end up in other hands. I think the the total stolen is around 1000 per year, not 500 per day as you indicated, do you have a reference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,133 posts, read 20,822,095 times
Reputation: 8293
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Do you get your fantasy-wish list of restrictions passed or maybe thrown out?
I can more than double my investment now, is it good sense to just wait and maybe do better?
Thanks.
The weapon is illegal in some states now(ie New york), many states are working on laws requiring insurance for them. If you can double your money, take it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Long Island
33,008 posts, read 13,929,165 times
Reputation: 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh hey! I know..... Why don't you grabbers get a law making it illegal for thieves to steal guns....

Just kills me how you grabbers get....

Want ALL guns banned because machines scare the pants off of you, but murdering 1 million + pre born is just friggin fine with you.....

I fear you will have to excuse me me in that i don't respect or believe a word you say ever.
So how do you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, or should we just do nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,182 posts, read 32,154,534 times
Reputation: 19742
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am not the one saying you can't buy more than one gun at a time, I am saying you should have to file a background check on each purchase if something like universal background check were to happen. That is what I would like to see happen.

If you cant comprehend that, then I can't help you.
So, I put a hand gun and a .22 rifle at exactly the same time on the same dros and you want two background checks on the same transaction? You are even more unreasonable than I first thought. All you are looking for is to anger legal gun owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top