U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,499,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I can buy 20 if I want. I don't have to explain jack squat. I'm also in CA. You really have no clue about current gun laws do you?

Here is how it works, I pay cash, wait 10 days and go pick them up. That's it!
Was I ever talking about current gun laws? I wasn't aware that is what we were talking about. I was talking about what universial gun laws should be.

And yes, you should explain why you are buying a billion guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 05:27 PM

32,942 posts, read 13,911,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
(patiently)

The only people who will carry out those background checks, are law-abiding people. You know, the ones who DON'T shoot children in schools or adults in theaters.

Why do you constantly restrict and harass law-abiding citizens, while doing nothing to restrict criminals?

Your new laws will do nothing to restrict or inhibit criminals. So why do you keep pushing them on us?
Where will the criminals get their guns from if we have universal background checks, where do they get them from now? Registration is not harrassment.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM

35,136 posts, read 32,128,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Was I ever talking about current gun laws? I wasn't aware that is what we were talking about. I was talking about what universial gun laws should be.

And yes, you should explain why you are buying a billion guns.
You can wish whatever you want but FACT: I can walk into any gun store and plunk down cash for 50 AR-15s, fill out the form, wait 10 days and go pick them up. You can "wish" all you want it ain't happening. I didn't realize you were discussing:

Things I wish would happen but never will anytime this lifetime.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM

3,391 posts, read 3,736,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Do you get your fantasy-wish list of restrictions passed or maybe thrown out?
I can more than double my investment now, is it good sense to just wait and maybe do better?
Thanks.
Since no one is preparing to grab your guns, and since the whole notion of "gun grabbing" is just a paranoid fantasy, hold on to them.

It sounds like you need AR-15s to feel safe. Funny, but I don't. Now, which one of us sounds braver?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:29 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,552,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
A gun could be associated to a person when initially purchased, kind of like a car. If at some time down the road, that gun is used in a crime ... well, whoever is the owner of record could have some culpability, again kind of like a car. If a gun owner sells the gun, it would be wise of that person to record that the gun was sold and to whom, again kind of like a car. If that were the law, would you want to buy a gun from your father and not transfer ownership(responsibility)? Of course unrecorded sales would happen, but I can tell you with complete assurance, I will never sell a car without recording the sale with the State. And I suspect most gun buyers would do the same.

Nice touch for next week ...

At State of the Union, Dems to send message on gun violence - CBS News
How will you make criminals comply with this?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Where will the criminals get their guns from if we have universal background checks, where do they get them from now? Registration is not harrassment.
You are kidding right? It's called burglary and black market. Do you realize how easy it is to MAKE a gun?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:30 PM

18,796 posts, read 9,612,025 times
Quote:
Where exactly do you think these gangs get their guns from, legal law abiding gunowners. This will never be a perfect system anymore than the elimination of drink driving, but it will have an impact.
That is absurd. Do you have anything to support that?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM

27,903 posts, read 34,428,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
(patiently)

The only people who will carry out those background checks, are law-abiding people. You know, the ones who DON'T shoot children in schools or adults in theaters.

Why do you constantly restrict and harass law-abiding citizens, while doing nothing to restrict criminals?

Your new laws will do nothing to restrict or inhibit criminals. So why do you keep pushing them on us?
You can find out why with the restrictions and breed bans on dogs like pitbulls. At first they simply said you need to register all your dogs in cities like Miami, Cincinnati and San Francisco. Then they moved to outright bans or restrictions to where owners allow them to be put down or pass them to someone else who certifies with a notarized document that they won't ever bring them back and if they do they face harsh punishment.

Then in places like San Fran they used those registration roles to go door to door to seek out "offenders" all the while they cared not one bit if the pit had ever attacked anyone. Over 2,000 taken and 1,394 of them murdered for doing nothing. Nada. They had never attacked anyone and all it took was a certain cabal of people using people's fears and and small fraction, two thousandths of one percent, and they granted themselves the power to seize, destroy and break up families and then they had the unmitigated gall to hand the animals back to their owners in a GD plastic bag.

These control freaks are absolutely dangerous and the people that give them credibility don't truly understand that it starts out with "scary assault rifles" and then moves on down the line till they all the sudden realize they're on the newest list. And when they get outraged because they're law abiding the people that were telling them the whole time what would happen simply would look at them and say "this happened because when it was happening to other law abiding citizens you sat down and said nothing..."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Old 02-08-2013, 05:31 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,552,941 times
Quote:
If someone makes an illegal sale he should be held responsible.
Yes, but what laws would you in-act right now that will stop a criminal? Get it, illegal....

Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Since no one is preparing to grab your guns, and since the whole notion of "gun grabbing" is just a paranoid fantasy, hold on to them.

It sounds like you need AR-15s to feel safe. Funny, but I don't. Now, which one of us sounds braver?
If I'm calling someone in on a bad situation I'm calling the dude with the shootin iron not brave daddy typo. Right now we got a rogue cop somewhere between SD and LA and I'll be sleeping well with my iron in the closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies