Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 AM

59,052 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
4,500 preventable deaths vs. 4 deaths in a hazardous work environment. Indeed you`re correct.4,500 dead for lies and you`re cool with that because it was your boy who had them killed.
Don't you ever get tired of posting distorted facts?

The DEM controlled Senate voted in favor of the actions. In fact the DEM Senate Majority Leader co-sponsored the bill.

If your beloved dems are so innocent explain the above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Where was Bush in 2002 when a bomb exploded outside the American consulate in Karachi Pakistan killing 12?
Where was Bush in 2003 when suicide bombers killed 34 including 8 Americans at a housing compound in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia?
Where was Bush in 2004 when terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr.,an American in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia?
This is just a short list and there`s a good chance that Bush til this day still doesn`t know these things happened.Why no outrage from the righties then?
Because it is over your head and mentality.

Being you are so indigent about these events, I'm SURE you can post the details showing how each of these events were covered up. Post for us lies the Admin told.

You just don't get it.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
Why didn't they notify Obama? Were people at an American embassy being shot at not important enough to even bother him? Pathetic.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:25 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
He was most likely at a gay bar.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Because it is over your head and mentality.

Being you are so indigent about these events, I'm SURE you can post the details showing how each of these events were covered up. Post for us lies the Admin told.

You just don't get it.
Show me the posts of your outrage over 53 Americans killed in 11 Embassy/diplomatic posts attacks.Lies? How about a list of presidents who never told a lie? I`ll wait.You can skip the George Washington chopping down the cherry tree story.That was a story for children.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
The entire purpose is to find out what happened , how it happened so maybe it will not happen again. You left loons who show no desire to know what happened is pathetic
I already know what happened. American Embassy personnel got killed in an attack.

Now you know.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:39 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:

The DEM controlled Senate voted in favor of the actions. In fact the DEM Senate Majority Leader co-sponsored the bill.

Those aren`t facts. There was never a vote to invade Iraq.One man and one man alone was responsible for that fiasco.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:49 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:

Because we were in a crisis, and unlike now, the D's bit their tongues and backed their president. They were acting like Americans vs. petty party back biting.

Some of you seem to think that everyone in this country is STUPID and they don't remember events from 10 years ago. What makes it even worse is that the administration lied about the WMDs to get that support. And you wonder why people, even middle of the road conservatives, are starting to hate the R party? This has been building for DECADES. It's turning into a "if they talk, they're telling a lie" scenario.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Show me the posts of your outrage over 53 Americans killed in 11 Embassy/diplomatic posts attacks.Lies? How about a list of presidents who never told a lie? I`ll wait.You can skip the George Washington chopping down the cherry tree story.That was a story for children.
Sorry, I won't engage with you any more. You are so blinded by hatred you twist and turn every phrase to suite your hatred, just like this,

Those aren't facts. There was never a vote to invade Iraq.One man and one man alone was responsible for that fiasco.

If you look at the post with the videos of the hearings and want to have an adult discussion, I will engage.

If you continue with your previous type of posting, you can talk with yourself.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It is hard to imagine anyone being so callous and unconcerned about four Americans, including our ambassador, being left to be brutally slain in an enemy attack on our Consulate, by the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces, who after having been informed of the situation unfolding, did not make himself available, gave no orders to send in help, and following the deadly attack, offered a feeble excuse about it having been caused by a video which spawned a "spontaneous protest," even though our intelligence knew within hours that a group affiliated with al-Qaeda had planned the attack in advance of the anniversary of 9-11-2001.

It is hard to imagine that this does not raise the hackles of all Americans. The President of the United States was "unavailable" (according to Leon Panetta) during an emergency situation, which at the time we had no idea of the extent to which the situation might escalate further.

It is unconscionable that the Commander-in-Chief gave no orders to send in help, even though we had military equipment and personnel within striking distance, and did not make himself available to give such orders. Our Commander-in-Chief was AWOL in a national emergency.

This does not bother you?

Yet, on September 11, 2001, some strongly criticized President George W. Bush for his (alleged) lack of response to the terrorist attacks, and to this day, use that to speculate that it was "an inside job," and have used it as an excuse for all manner of vitriol and hatred for the President and his administration, and still do today.

It is shameful and disconcerting that our President put politics ahead of national security (at a bare minimum, the security of our consulate, and those American lives), and fashioned so lame an excuse, and further, sent other administration officials out to promote what he knew was a lie, in a propaganda campaign designed to shield him from culpability for the lack of security, before the election.

I find myself in utter disbelief that you (and those on the left) do not find this abhorrent, and worthy of the strongest condemnation, clearly rising well beyond the level of an impeachable offense.
And I'll bet you were just screaming, SCREAMING for the impeachment of Bush when this happened the first time, second time, third time....under his watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies