Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 10:47 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Benghazi is the Conspiracy Theory That Just Won't Go Away | Mother Jones

It is a good question - what do the RWNJs obsessed with Benghazi think they're accomplishing? Presumably, they're grasping at straws, anything which they can convince themselves will somehow prove the President's illegitimacy or lead to his ouster.

But have they not noticed that no one else cares? Grasping at straws makes some limited sort of sense if one imagines they can someday be made into the bricks which will build an impeachment case, or even merely a case before the tribunal of history. But the Benghazi codswallop is so minor, so tenuous, and so utterly past, that even the very obtuse must now be aware that as a presidential scandal, it's just not going to go.
That says it all right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 02:02 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Where was Bush in 2002 when a bomb exploded outside the American consulate in Karachi Pakistan killing 12?
Where was Bush in 2003 when suicide bombers killed 34 including 8 Americans at a housing compound in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia?
Where was Bush in 2004 when terrorists kidnap and execute Paul Johnson Jr.,an American in Riyadh,Saudi Arabia?
This is just a short list and there`s a good chance that Bush til this day still doesn`t know these things happened.Why no outrage from the righties then?
Oh, puleeze.

In your eyes if Bush looked bad because of these events, how the hell does o look good on Benghazi? Where were ya'll when those events went down? Huh?

And did Bush skip town during these events as they were ongoing and then hit some lucrative campaign gala's in Vegas?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Old 02-09-2013, 02:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
No wonder you are perplexed. you can't read. "Furthermore, you have no proof that Obama or Clinton lied".

I guess you still think the attack was the result of the video.

Do you even watch ANY of the hearings? You don't have to be 3,000 miles away. The gov't had LIVE feeds during the attack.

It is not just the details of the attack but, the inaction of the Obama admin before the attack and DURING the attack and the lying about the cause of the attack.

People trying to cover for the ineptitude of the O admin perplexes ME.

I challenge you to read this AND WATCH the videos. Then come back with your opinions.

» Benghazi Attack: Can you believe they said this? » The Loft -- GOPUSA
You challenge me to read something from GOPUSA to prove your point?

No wonder you are still harping on this.

You have an agenda.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You challenge me to read something from GOPUSA to prove your point?

No wonder you are still harping on this.

You have an agenda.
I am NOT surprised to choose to ignore something that MIGHT show a different picture from what you believes

The videos in my post were FROM the HEARINGS. You should watch them. You might learn something.

I alwqays find humor whith quotes like this, "No wonder you are still harping on this". Have you ever said the same thing when posters talk about Bush? After all he has been out of office for over 4 years and some lefties STILL talk about him.

Simple question, did you watch ANT of the hearings?

IMO, this incident is STILL an issue and it is NOT harping to talk about it.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:11 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
[URL="http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2013/02/benghazi-conspiracy-theory-just-wont-go-away"]Benghazi is the Conspiracy Theory That Just Won't Go Away | Mother Jones[/URL]

It is a good question - what do the RWNJs obsessed with Benghazi think they're accomplishing? Presumably, they're grasping at straws, anything which they can convince themselves will somehow prove the President's illegitimacy or lead to his ouster.

But have they not noticed that no one else cares? Grasping at straws makes some limited sort of sense if one imagines they can someday be made into the bricks which will build an impeachment case, or even merely a case before the tribunal of history. But the Benghazi codswallop is so minor, so tenuous, and so utterly past, that even the very obtuse must now be aware that as a presidential scandal, it's just not going to go.
Yet another example of "The Big Lie" OP

Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Exactly

Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
It's the boy who cried wolf syndrome--no one cares about Benghazi because they assume (rightly so) that it's just more hysteria and made up BS. As predicted, the tea party types over reached and didn't know when to shut down the hysteria, and now most people don't believe a word they say. Once people brand a group as liars and nuts, they're done as far as credibility.

I can't stand Bill Clinton, but it started then--the attitude was that if you threw enough garbage at a wall something would finally stick (eg. Hillary Clinton murdered Vince Foster ), and in the meantime it made people wonder. That strategy continued to work right through Obama's first election--I know thoughtful, intelligent people who were initially concerned that he was a Muslim or born in Kenya. The problem is that the far right end didn't know when to stop, the establishment R party leadership encouraged them, and the 24/7 internet and cable news cycles we have now, including the nutty frenzy over at FOX, just fed into it. As the allegations got crazier and crazier, and they were subsequently all disproved, most people realized that you can't believe much that they say. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. The R party did this to themselves.
You have to admit Obama ran a very sleazy re-election bid. MSNBC and CNN make Fox news look pretty fair and balanced. NBC/CBS/ABC sold their soles to the Liberals decades ago.

The administration got away with failure again because the majority of the press refuses to give Obama any bad coverage. Look at the feeding frenzy with Iraq Abu Gharib incidents. It was front page news in the NYTimes, nighting news etc...all blaming the President. Benghazi barely gets a mention and will never get covered.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
You have to admit Obama ran a very sleazy re-election bid. MSNBC and CNN make Fox news look pretty fair and balanced. NBC/CBS/ABC sold their soles to the Liberals decades ago.

The administration got away with failure again because the majority of the press refuses to give Obama any bad coverage. Look at the feeding frenzy with Iraq Abu Gharib incidents. It was front page news in the NYTimes, nighting news etc...all blaming the President. Benghazi barely gets a mention and will never get covered.
"Benghazi barely gets a mention and will never get covered."

Which is EXACTLY why many on here don't know much about the details AND SAY IT IS NO BIG DEAL and they refuse to watch FOX
( even though they CLAIM to know what FOX says and DOESN'T SAY?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies