Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 05:01 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
The civil rights movement was not all about being served at "Whites Only" establishments but about being treated equally, being given the same tools to achieve success in society by being educated fairly, by not being beaten or imprisoned just cause, receiving justice if someone came into your home and killed your family, or raped your wife, daughter, son, etc.

I still would not want to force someone to take my money, but don't expect me to utilize your services if you treat me as less than. However, I do believe in equal opportunity.

Nor is the homosexual equality movement only about being served at restaurants.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
I have the right to serve whomever I wish!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360627434292.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	107427

Oops! Never mind...

Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So range of choices should figure into whether we ensure entitled rights to all Americans? Discrimination against homosexuals was systemic until they started speaking up too.
Homosexuality is a behavior so it's on a different level than discriminating against blacks or other races. Though private businesses should be able to discriminate against all.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
The owner is a bad businessman. If the lesbian/gay community wants to make a change with that restaurant, all they need to do is build a better restaurant across the street. I have been to the restaurant in question and the food stinks and the alcohold is overpriced. I used to eat there every now and then...now, I will never eat there again.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The owner is a bad businessman. If the lesbian/gay community wants to make a change with that restaurant, all they need to do is build a better restaurant across the street. I have been to the restaurant in question and the food stinks and the alcohold is overpriced. I used to eat there every now and then...now, I will never eat there again.
If it was that bad you would have only eaten there once. Sour grapes.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Homosexuality is a behavior so it's on a different level than discriminating against blacks or other races. Though private businesses should be able to discriminate against all.
Cite your scientific evidence or it ain't true...

I DO agree with your second assertion though. In the 60s govt intervention was necessary.

I believe we are past that now somewhat.

No serious business will discriminate. Bad business.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Cite your scientific evidence or it ain't true...

I DO agree with your second assertion though. In the 60s govt intervention was necessary.

I believe we are past that now somewhat.

No serious business will discriminate. Bad business.
What evidence? That homosexuality is a behavior? How is having sex with men not a behavior?

I think you mean 'homosexual attraction' is biological. I actually agree but unless it manifests in behavior (having sex with others of the same sex, proclaiming you have this attraction) there is no way you can discriminate against something you can't see.

I guess you can discriminate against effete men but some effete men aren't homosexuals and some homosexuals are not effete.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Default Sister's Restaurant in Van Buren, Arkransas has crappy food.

Quote:
If it was that bad you would have only eaten there once. Sour grapes.
There are no good restaurants in Van Buren Arkansas. It is a small, dry, backward's, town. I ate there because it was on my way, from now on I will just wait a little longer and eat somewhere else

It is a little whole in the wall restaurant the only other resturaunt in downtown van buren on that street serves burgers... so it was either a burger or that restaurant or wait until you get into another town...better to wait until you get to another town.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
No it's not.

You are wrong.

It is a sexual orientation.

There are gay teenagers and others who are still virgins ... but they are still gay, and part of the LGBT Community.

There are some who are not engaging in sexual activity in the present, but have in the past or will in the future ... and are still members of the LGBT Community.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Nor is the homosexual equality movement only about being served at restaurants.

did i say that??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies