Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 02:03 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Could you post your medical credentials here please? Thanks.

Again, you do not know any details of the case. Medical treatment is based on many criteria, none of which we know.
I know enough that an ER will save a life no matter what complication. Or try anyway. If she could get to another state, her life was in no immediate jeopardy. Girls go to other states for late term abortions because certain clinics gain reputation for bending the rules to snare their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I know enough that an ER will save a life no matter what complication. Or try anyway.
ERs are seldom equipped to deal with late-term pregancy issues, unless you are talking about TV shows of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
If she could get to another state, her life was in no immediate jeopardy. Girls go to other states for late term abortions because certain clinics gain reputation for bending the rules to snare their money.
Proof from a reputable source please?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
ERs are seldom equipped to deal with late-term pregancy issues, unless you are talking about TV shows of course.

Proof from a reputable source please?
You can keep your proof, she's dead.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:09 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,505,717 times
I have a whole thread about this doctor already.

What I do not understand is why this doctor is doing out patient late term abortions in his clinic and not having these women in the hospital where they can take care of life saving emergencies.

Also, notice they tell the EMS to go to the back door. In my thread they also say not to use their siren or lights when they come to save her. Seems they are more concerned for their reputation than the woman who needs to get to the hospital as fast as they can get her there.

At this point it does not matter why she needed the abortion, the issue now is how did they treat her during the emergency to save her life. Seems not very well at all.

Last edited by janelle144; 02-09-2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old 02-09-2013, 02:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I have a whole thread about this doctor already.

What I do not understand is why this doctor is doing out patient late term abortions in his clinic and not having these women in the hospital where they can take care of life saving emergencies.

Also, notice they tell the EMS to go to the back door. In my thread they also say not to use their siren or lights when they come to save her. Seems they are more concerned for their reparation than the woman who needs to get to the hospital as fast as they can get her there.

At this point it does not matter why she needed the abortion, the issue now is how did they treat her during the emergency to save her life. Seems not very well at all.
What I do not understand is 4 pages of discussion about a 'news item' that has yet to be corroborated...

Old 02-09-2013, 02:24 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,415,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It's monstrous to cheer the death of this young woman.
Which one?

Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
OP...why are you so obsessed with other people's wombs? Personally, I am pro-choice, but do not believe that anyone should wait that long to teminate a pregnancy, but let me ask you...What kind of diet are your kids on? Do you get them regular medical and dental exams? What time to they get to bed and how do you discipline them? How often do they bathe and I hope you are using organic products on them and feeding them organic foods. What type of books do they read and how is the quality of their education? Are their clothes made form natural fibers? If all of these things are not up to the best standards, I think the government and the public should get involved in how you raise your kids.
I am not murdering my children. My children were given a chance at life and they are thriving awesome kids.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:53 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I am not murdering my children. My children were given a chance at life and they are thriving awesome kids.
This woman didn't "murder" her child either - and if one of those (your childrens') pregnancies was not viable, or threatening the life of its mother, would you have let them go without medical intervention?

Btw, we're still waiting for a credible source with more information on this story. Until then, we are merely having a hypothetical discussion. And for somebody who supposedly cares so much about life, how can you take such pleasure in this woman's death? Disgusting and typically hypocritical.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM

488 posts, read 554,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It's monstrous to cheer the death of this young woman.
Agreed - I'm pro-life, and I find the death of the child and the subsequent death of the mother sad. Celebrating her death as some kind of "justice" only comes across as hypocritical.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:06 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
In this case, a baby could be delivered that day by Cesarean and have an excellent outlook. 33 weeks has very good outcomes.

It is still a woman's decision, but I don't believe in grasping at incredibly unlikely explanations.
Well, we don't have any explanations, so....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies