Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Go contact them and send them this picture
embarassing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
A picture of what that was supposed to prove...??? Nothing, that's what. Photos aren't necessary when we have your words. They speak volumes and not just on the subject you are on.
You don't have to believe it. I'm honest as to myself hence my transparency.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:36 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:
embarassing
Immoral mindless people think the moral and mindful are embarrassing. In reality they're embarrassed at themselves.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Or you want not to continue to be pregnant and then give birth to a child incompatable with life. There's that. Not your concern though so I don't know why you are even talking about it.
Whatever her reasons were, she wanted the baby dead. Hence the abortion. Abortions are not necessary if you don't want the baby killed. The purpose of the abortion was to kill the baby. The abortion was voluntary. Therefore, I conclude the mother wanted the baby dead. I'm not speaking to her reasons. Just the fact that the purpose of the abortion was to kill the baby.

The only thing the media is saying is that the baby had a condition that causes seisures. I haven't read anything specific. I assume this is the reason she wanted it dead but I conclude that she did want it dead by her actions. Whatever her reasons were, she preferred her baby was dead, so she had it killed. That is just fact.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
There are logical conclusions to deliberate actions. The purpose of an abortion is to kill a baby. You don't have one if you don't want the baby dead. It's quite simple. For whatever reason, she wanted the baby dead. Otherwise, she wouldn't have had it killed. This is not rocket science. Something happened to change her mind about wanting THAT baby (that she would have preferred that something had not happened doesn't change that she now wanted the baby dead because of that something (I read that the baby had a condition that leads to seisures but I have no idea what condition that was)) . Something happened that resulted in her prefferring the baby were dead so she had it killed. Simple as that. If you don't want your baby killed, you don't have it killed. The act of having it killed means you wanted it dead for whatever reason you wanted it dead. Perhaps it was to spare the baby a life of pain but she wanted it dead none the less.

I am NOT saying that she wouldn't have preferred that whatever made her want the baby dead had not happened. I'm just saying the only purpose of an abortion is to kill the baby. She chose to have one. She chose to kill the baby. From this I conclude, for whatever reason, she wanted the baby dead. If she hadn't wanted it dead, she wouldn't have had it killed.
Ann Elk, is that you?

Old 02-17-2013, 05:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
If I found out the child growing in my womb wouldn't live or would have a horrible/short/painful life before dying I would "want the baby dead" too. No offense pro lifers, say what you will. Death. or horrible life, is the end no matter how you slice it so I'd do what was best for myself since I would be the one dealing with it all, not you.

You, we, don't get the details of this condition or how bad it may have been. It's not our place to have that info. We get leaks, privacy breaches, stories spun in ways to outrage us. That's all. I can't believe how anyone can think they should know all this stuff and just because they don't, think they can sit in judgment. People are so weird.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
The OP Title

this is rather a ridiculous title, especially when you consider most pro-lifers are happy enough to bomb the crap out of innocent villagers, pregnant women and children, just to score political points.

why is that ok, but abortion not?
Good call.

And some of these posters who are accusing this woman of murder and rejoicing at her death also see nothing wrong about Christopher Dorner murdering four people; I believe I saw them being referred to as "collateral damage" in at least one thread here on City Data.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Whatever her reasons were, she wanted the baby dead.
What she wanted, thought, or did is absolutely NONE of your business.

My gosh the amount of snooping into this woman's private life is absolutely stunning. Wow. How I pity her family having the ghoulish stalkers following them in their grief.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Whatever her reasons were, she wanted the baby dead. Hence the abortion. Abortions are not necessary if you don't want the baby killed. The purpose of the abortion was to kill the baby. The abortion was voluntary. Therefore, I conclude the mother wanted the baby dead. I'm not speaking to her reasons. Just the fact that the purpose of the abortion was to kill the baby.

The only thing the media is saying is that the baby had a condition that causes seisures. I haven't read anything specific. I assume this is the reason she wanted it dead but I conclude that she did want it dead by her actions. Whatever her reasons were, she preferred her baby was dead, so she had it killed. That is just fact.
It'd be nice if you people who stick your noses in other people's crotches instead spent time helping some of the hungry children in America:

• 1 in 50 children in the US are homeless.
  • On any give day, 200,000 children have no place to live.
  • Homeless families comprise 34% of the homeless population.
  • Almost 40% of the entire homeless population is under 18.
  • 42% of these homeless children are younger than 6
Homelessness for Children in the US Some Startling Statistics : Shine Global

Oh yeah, I forgot, you all only care about unviable clumps of cells because your religion's preachers told you that's what really counts.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:20 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Apparently not important for you 2 to read the thread. I'd highly recommend it, particularly the part apart the prenatal diagnosis of Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
Apparently it is you who did not bother to read the thread...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t28223223.html

That the baby was genetically imperfect is no more important to me than the child's race, sex or other characteristic as it in no way negates his or her personhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies