Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Most states have restrictions on late term abortions, even liberal states, so there are unique issues with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I read your posts, but you did not respond to the specifics of OI. If the baby/fetus fractures limbs while in utero causing immense pain, fractures more limbs during childbirth either vaginally or via c-section, and then lives in immense pain for a few more days before dying of respiratory and/or cardiac failure, you consider it humane to just do nothing?
Once again, the life of the baby means nothing to Pro-lifers - once it is born.

Of course, all of the pro-lifers know EXACTly what they would do in this situation, fractured limbs and all. They have no problem with a baby living in pain for a few days - why, heck, that is meaningless! As long as the birth takes place.

Please.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Or you want not to continue to be pregnant and then give birth to a child incompatable with life.
So you must kill the baby so it won't die later.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So you must kill the baby so it won't die later.
Or make a decision privately with your doctor that minimizes the pain and suffering of the fetus and of the woman?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Or make a decision privately with your doctor that minimizes the pain and suffering of the fetus and of the woman?
Made decision privately with some doctor (I doubt the abortionist was it) to kill baby in utero so it wouldn't be born alive and possibly die in pain a few days later.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Made decision privately with some doctor (I doubt the abortionist was it) to kill baby in utero so it wouldn't be born alive and possibly die in pain a few days later.
The right to make medical decisions privately is not a small right.

The right to privacy ensures that you don't know what was wrong with the baby, nor what threat the anomalies posed to the woman.

Since we don't know that information, the rush to judge the woman seems premature.

And yet, not only are pro-lifers rushing to judge this woman, but their judgment seems to be that she was stupid, selfish, or mentally imbalanced by pregnancy hormones, all negative judgments based on zero information.

The pro-woman stance is that what happened was a tragedy, and that it's wrong to politicize this tragedy to advance your own agenda.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Abortion is an accepted medical procedure. Made legal by Roe v. Wade. In the United States, over 40 years ago. This law is not going to change. No one "murdered" a baby. I have issues with this entire thread.
SCOTUS cannot make law.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:22 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The right to make medical decisions privately is not a small right.

The right to privacy ensures that you don't know what was wrong with the baby, nor what threat the anomalies posed to the woman.

Since we don't know that information, the rush to judge the woman seems premature.

And yet, not only are pro-lifers rushing to judge this woman, but their judgment seems to be that she was stupid, selfish, or mentally imbalanced by pregnancy hormones, all negative judgments based on zero information.

The pro-woman stance is that what happened was a tragedy, and that it's wrong to politicize this tragedy to advance your own agenda.
To paraphrase Rahm Emanuel and others, 'You never want a serious tragedy to go to waste.'

Without Newtown, gun control wouldn't be on the political chart. There's Megan's Law, Laci's law, the Matthew Shepard Act, the Brady bill, a ton of political acts from individual tragedy.

Was there a secret vote to pronounce 'the pro-woman stance.' How come the pro-woman stance doesn't include allowing women everywhere in the country to legally abort after viability if the fetus has a genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
To paraphrase Rahm Emanuel and others, 'You never want a serious tragedy to go to waste.'

Without Newtown, gun control wouldn't be on the political chart. There's Megan's Law, Laci's law, the Matthew Shepard Act, the Brady bill, a ton of political acts from individual tragedy.

Was there a secret vote to pronounce 'the pro-woman stance.' How come the pro-woman stance doesn't include allowing women everywhere in the country to legally abort after viability if the fetus has a genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality.
I describe my own stance as pro-woman. Because I believe that any and all women should be able to consult with her doctor or any other party she finds relevant, to assess her personal situation and review the options available to her. I believe that any and all women should be able to privately determine what's best for herself. I believe that women are intelligent, and moral, and responsible, and capable of making those decisions for herself. I believe that respecting a woman's judgment, and her freedom to exercise that judgment is the basis for equality. And I believe that EVERY argument against women controlling their own bodies is based on the presumption that women are stupid, immoral, irresponsible, or incapable of making decisions for herself. A position I vehemently disagree with.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
How come the pro-woman stance doesn't include allowing women everywhere in the country to legally abort after viability if the fetus has a genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality.
It does, but the pro-life terrorists have shut down abortion providers, and chased underground the remainder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies