Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 04:16 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed, that "right to choose" goes out the window at some point, but don't tell democrats that, they might actually have to discuss abortion in rational terms. They'd rather just demonize their political opponents and claim they are "at war with women" or some such crap.
Nice try, but even Democrats rarely support late-term abortions. And as an independent-liberal myself, I can tell you it's generally the "anti-choicers" who lack the ability to discuss this issue rationally. The pro-choice side looks at the issue objectively & logically, while the other side screams about murder - and posts sensational stories from non-credible sources while cheering a woman's death. Is that your idea of rational debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 04:19 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
Obama supports partial birth abortion aka murder

Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I'm not a woman nor do I care about women who abort their 33-week baby.

If she was having a life emergency, she could go to the ER. I doubt that's in a different state.
Well, she did go to the ER, according to Operation Rescue's press release.
Carhart Patient Dead From Horrific 33-Week Abortion Injuries

I'd like to know how this Suzy B group or Operation Rescue knew she was 33 weeks pregnant, other than this "extremely credible anonymous source". There is a lot that is not in these two press releases. There is no timeline.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:38 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, she did go to the ER, according to Operation Rescue's press release.
Carhart Patient Dead From Horrific 33-Week Abortion Injuries.
After her abortion, when it was too late. She bled too much.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 PM

742 posts, read 678,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
OP...why are you so obsessed with other people's wombs? Personally, I am pro-choice, but do not believe that anyone should wait that long to teminate a pregnancy, but let me ask you...What kind of diet are your kids on? Do you get them regular medical and dental exams? What time to they get to bed and how do you discipline them? How often do they bathe and I hope you are using organic products on them and feeding them organic foods. What type of books do they read and how is the quality of their education? Are their clothes made form natural fibers? If all of these things are not up to the best standards, I think the government and the public should get involved in how you raise your kids.
Speaking of being obsessed with wombs ... when a nearly formed baby and/or the mother carrying the baby can be harmed-which is what happened-when procedures are done so late in the term should be a concern for everyone. When they Dr.s are negligent enough to do a 33 week abortion it's associated with risk.

Oh right, because the baby is cut up then sucked out with a vacuum it's okay because it wasn't outside of the womb yet. How is that not torture? How about a c-section then euthanasia? Too shocking huh because the baby was outside of the womb?

Seriously going to say that if the baby had birth defects that she was going to carry full term then decided nearly last minute not to? The article information presented is not conclusive but if the story was cut and dry saying that she just wanted an abortion(no medical reasons included) that is her negligence as well as the Drs.

If you think then the government should hold your hand at all times you should know this...
Organic foods and products are not promoted by government authority. Monsanto is heavily a part of the government. Large reason why GMO labeling in California did not pass.
Speaking of the public being involved, according to news the general public is not that all concerned about organics to the point of seeing it as a waste of money and the people who use it as "stuck up".

Old 02-09-2013, 04:41 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So an 8 month pregnant woman goes to the er with pain and bleeding or some other problem and they do nothing?
Did I say that? No I did not. What ER would they go to? Do they have an OBGYN on 24-hour call? Do they have anesthesiologists in-house for emergency C-Sections? Do they have a perinatologist or a high-risk neonatologist on call? You know, all stuff an "expert" on the ER would know. Emergency rooms are equipped to deliver babies at term in a healthy mother. Above and beyond that becomes a lot more complicated.

Quote:
Zimbo is lying and hoping her audience is too stupid to realize it. If something goes wrong at those clinics, they call 911 like everyone else and those women are transported to the ER. The ER is equipped to save lives. Women would prefer to get their abortions in the ER, but for the morally black, they often need to go to clinics like this one.
Please see above. Please provide proof that ER's would do an abortion on demand. Thanks.

Quote:
Women with a stillbirth can go to the ER right away. I don't make "ASSumptions" I talk from a point of knowledge.
That's not what you said. Yes they can go to the ER, where they would be seen by an OBGYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah the "right" doctor. No abortionist is a good quality doctor for one, it's very easy for the stupidest doctor to kill babies because it's a low tech procedure than can be just as easily done with a coat hanger. You just mash, slice up, or burn the baby with chemicals until it dies. Good doctors actually want a more challenging job, saving lives takes brains and talent, killing is very easy.

She would have been turned down by most decent doctors trying to have a perfectly viable baby killed. Most ER doctors aren't abortionists so it's very likey she had to travel to another state to find an abortionist willing to kill a baby well past the age where they can survive outside the uterus.

The abortion clinics are run by the very lowest life forms. It's not at all surprising when women get infections or bleed to death in those places of death.
Every OBGYN can and does do D&Cs, and I can guarantee that every OBGYN has terminated a pregnancy for one reason or another. Educate yourself. OBGYNs who specialize in late-term abortion require a lot more training and experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Agreed, that "right to choose" goes out the window at some point, but don't tell democrats that, they might actually have to discuss abortion in rational terms. They'd rather just demonize their political opponents and claim they are "at war with women" or some such crap.
Come on now, that's just silly and you know it.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Did I say that? No I did not. What ER would they go to? Do they have an OBGYN on 24-hour call? Do they have anesthesiologists in-house for emergency C-Sections? Do they have a perinatologist or a high-risk neonatologist on call? You know, all stuff an "expert" on the ER would know. Emergency rooms are equipped to deliver babies at term in a healthy mother. Above and beyond that becomes a lot more complicated.

Please see above. Please provide proof that ER's would do an abortion on demand. Thanks.

That's not what you said. Yes they can go to the ER, where they would be seen by an OBGYN.

Every OBGYN can and does do D&Cs, and I can guarantee that every OBGYN has terminated a pregnancy for one reason or another. Educate yourself. OBGYNs who specialize in late-term abortion require a lot more training and experience.

Come on now, that's just silly and you know it.
Wrong again. I know an OB-GYN who is not an abortionist, women sign a form that they understand he does not do abortions and if they want AFP tests and other such tests, they can go elsewhere.

NOT all OB-GYNs are abortionists, not all women want their babies killed.

And this physician will not do a D&C until a pregnancy test is done and he's sure it's negative.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yes, and it's also where the law draws the line... hence the reason most of us are thinking it was medically-related, but without more information everyone here is speculating. Bottom line, you can't just "choose to abort" at 33 weeks. End of story.
"Abortion" at 33 weeks IS murder and it IS against the law in every state.

What's with all these posters who believe that some woman was actually able to terminate her healthy pregnancy at 33 weeks!!?? It did not happen - and that is the end of the story.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:56 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Wrong again. I know an OB-GYN who is not an abortionist, women sign a form that they understand he does not do abortions and if they want AFP tests and other such tests, they can go elsewhere.

NOT all OB-GYNs are abortionists, not all women want their babies killed.

And this physician will not do a D&C until a pregnancy test is done and he's sure it's negative.
Hmm, so then how would such an OBGYN, assuming they exist, treat such conditions as hydatidiform mole, choriocarcinoma, or blighted ovum that are the product of conception? I guess one should avoid such physicians as they would be clearly negligent if they did not treat those conditions with a D&C.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:59 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Unfortunately women suffer death due to complications of pregnancy at every stage of gestation, labor, and postpartum.

Women suffer complications and death due to complications from abortions. Women suffer complications and even death to the use of oral contraceptives. And all women suffer complications and death as a result of being born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies