Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:44 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What form will that resistance take? It may start as an info war, and then escalate into protests. But if Cuomo does not relent and repeal his unconstitutional, illegal and immoral mandate against law-abiding gun owners, there is a good chance this conflict may "go hot" and lead will start flying
My history is a little fuzzy, but when did Gandi let lead fly?

Quote:
"If Cuomo does not relent and repeal his unconstitutional....mandate...the is a good chance this conflict may go hot..."

I think the writer has a confused understanding of "repealing" law. To repeal a law Constitutionally, one must follow law, not let "lead fly". There is a diffrence in civil disobedience and civil unrest leading to riot.

These gun owners have every consitutional right to petition the goverment for redress of their grievences, the right to gather and to peaceably protest. To challenge the law in court and to petition the USSC for redress.

I would like to hear all thoose that claim to love thier constitutional rights follow the constitution in solving their conflicts.

[ I would have hoped that by my tone of post, peaceably would be understood]

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 02-10-2013 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: to add peaceably to protest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 09:56 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
My history is a little fuzzy, but when did Gandi let lead fly?

I think the writer has a confused understanding of "repealing" law. To repeal a law Constitutionally, one must follow law, not let "lead fly". There is a diffrence in civil disobedience and civil unrest leading to riot.

These gun owners have every consitutional right to petition the goverment for redress of their grievences, the right to gather and to protest. To challenge the law in court and to petition the USSC for redress.

I would like to hear all thoose that claim to love thier constitutional rights follow the constitution in solving their conflicts.
Actually, the First Amendment specifically states "peaceful" protests. A protest that is not peaceful is not in accordance with the US Constitution, and not a protected form of speech.

While I do not "love" the US Constitution, I am an ardent believer that it must be adhered to until it is changed in accordance with Article V of that same document. More than just a believer, I swore an oath that I am still honor bound to uphold, that I will protect and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

We are nothing, if we are not a nation based upon the rule of law.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
My country stuck to the constitution more than that Tyrant lincoln did...
Yep, your country thought it was cool to own people like they were nothing more than personal property. Bet you wish you could own slaves like your relatives.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Which is exactly the case with thousands of other firearms related legislation. Unfortunately, those laws aren't well enforced, which is why those of us with common sense don't see the point of new laws that are not likely to be well enforced. What it comes down to is that the New York law is an ex post facto law, meaning that it turns people who were law abiding citizens at the time of its passage into criminals just because they own something that others don't feel that they should own.

If you truly think that the newest New York gun ban is a good law, I hold little hope for your ability to function in any position that requires common sense or critical thinking. I'm not sure what you do for a living, but try to stay away from heavy machinery, driving, or any of the hundreds of other activities that require decision making. You aren't equipped to meet the requirements, IMHO.
Oh I am also for spending more to properly enforce the law to be better at catching criminals who break the law.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Yes, he did indeed. Several times.

Only if they become violent. Since all of Gandhi's protests were peaceful, I presume the phrase "go 'Gandhi'" by the OP references a peaceful protest.
The beat peaceful protesters in 2011/2012.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Gandhi was beaten and jailed for his civil disobedience, and didn't fight back when attacked. His doctrine of nonviolence is what prevailed.
You're confused.

While Gandhi was practicing his, um, you know, non-violence, his lieutenants were engaging in violence and Terrorismâ„¢ everywhere.

Gandhi used classic misdirection.

Doctrinally...

Mircea

Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You're confused.

While Gandhi was practicing his, um, you know, non-violence, his lieutenants were engaging in violence and Terrorismâ„¢ everywhere.

Doctrinally...

Mircea

Yes his followers were engaging in violence by hitting the police batons with their heads.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 AM

37,196 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You're confused.

While Gandhi was practicing his, um, you know, non-violence, his lieutenants were engaging in violence and Terrorism™ everywhere.

Doctrinally...

Mircea
That is absolutely false. Re-read your history.

Or, if you can't read, go watch the movie with Ben Kingsley. It was pretty close to the truth.

Gandhi read the New Testament while he was in South Africa, and liked the teachings of Christ, which were love of fellow men and self-sacrifice. He decided to try to live his life according to Christian principles, though he remained a Hindu. He also drew from Buddhism and Islam.

Gandhi's power came from meeting violence with non-violence.

Last edited by cuebald; 02-10-2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 12:06 PM

554 posts, read 608,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Rather see a traitor to the US constitution hung than 1 law abiding gun owner harmed.
Aw ... the state of NY took away your dirty "magazines" and your penis pumps.

Go to court just like everyone else does, and let's find out if it's constitutional or not.

When the Supremes hold that things like background checks and round limits are valid under the second Amendment, what will you do then ? Start a war ?

You gun nuts are pathetic.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 PM

37,196 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, the First Amendment specifically states "peaceful" protests. A protest that is not peaceful is not in accordance with the US Constitution, and not a protected form of speech.

While I do not "love" the US Constitution, I am an ardent believer that it must be adhered to until it is changed in accordance with Article V of that same document. More than just a believer, I swore an oath that I am still honor bound to uphold, that I will protect and defend the US Constitution against all enemies, both foreign and domestic.

We are nothing, if we are not a nation based upon the rule of law.
So that means you will register your firearms when the law changes, I guess...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies