Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 12:00 AM

513 posts, read 580,593 times

Advertisements

Is this the left-wing fantasy?

*Islam is officially endorsed by Washington; all schools practice the Islamic call to prayer.
*Those who area able to work, but choose not to receive full financial support from the taxpayer. Let them eat steak and lobster!
*All children are forcibly indoctrinated in government-run schools.
*All criminals are allowed to walk the streets freely, even rapists and murderers, unless the criminal is a white male and the victim is a member of a protected class.
*Private industry is abolished. The government runs every sector of the economy.
*The border with Mexico is dissolved. All immigrants from any country in the world are welcomed with open arms, even criminals and those with communicable diseases.
*Black liberation theology is taught in schools as fact. White children are indoctrinated to hate themselves and their race.
*No one is allowed to own a firearm except members of the government and those who are politically connected.
*Everyone, male and female has to serve in the youth public works corps from age 18 to 22.
*The government's primary purpose is to protect us from ourselves and guarantee equality of outcome in every facet of life.
*All the commons, including drinking water are owned and operated by the government.
*Homosexuality is state-sanctioned and encouraged among children from birth and any opposition to homosexuality is punishable by death.
*Drilling for oil or natural gas and coal mining are impossible because all land is owned by the government.
*Rumors of weaponry or lack of democracy are good enough reason for another country to invade the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 12:13 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
I wouldn't mind a nice vacation in the Caribbean right now.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:16 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,280 times
I will start with the conservative fantasy:

*Christian Sharia Law is the law of the land. You will be forced to bow down to Jesus and Jesus only.
* "Legitimate rape" will be legal.
* Abortion banned in all cases - even in case of rape and incest.
* No "minimum wage" policy - if your corporate master forces you to work for a dollar per house, better take the trickle down.
*Taxes will only be cut for the very wealthy. The poor are already too rich so have to make some sacrifices in the name of personal responsibility.
*More countries need to be invaded so that Christian Sharia law can be spread. Main targets are oil rich and muslim countries.
*Muslims need to be sent to guantanamo.
*Gays need to be sent to guantanamo.
*There should be no government except for a bloated military - rich people should be able to exert their power over the middle class and poor. The model is Somalia.
*No need for universities - just read the bible its got enough science and maths. Or watch the 500 club. Universities are "liberal indoctrination centers".
*Guns for everyone. Rocket launchers to be introduced in next couple of years. Newborn babies get gun "gifts" from the NRA.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
A functional, rational, reasonably-priced cable TV package would be ~sigh~ so nice.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:37 AM

198 posts, read 167,516 times
Quote:
What do liberals really want?
For everyone else to be miserable, poor, defenseless, homeless, jobless, and starving. Yet they claim to be "for the people"

Old 02-10-2013, 12:37 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
I'm pretty sure the left want total control over the populace and the poor to bow to them. The right wants total control given to our corporate masters and the corp masters want us bowing to them. In the end they both want to screw us. I just wonder who is going to buy more alcohol for the "party".

Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
For everyone else to be miserable, poor, defenseless, homeless, jobless, and starving. Yet they claim to be "for the people"
You got us.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
another check in the "colin powell and bobby jindal are correct" column.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:41 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
I want the patriot act repealed
I want us to stop treating the American citizen as terrorists by default and I want us to not spend much money on domestic espionage.
I want us to end the war on drugs
I want us to start making better diplomacy decisions so that it's safe to live in this nation
I want money to be spent on improving our own infrastructure instead of nation-building
I want local business regulations to be relaxed enough to make it easy to start a business, while at the same time protecting people from fraud
I want a cultural revolution where our poor people value math and science education more than being able collect checks from the government
I want to stop subsidizing corporations who take dollars out of this country
I want gays to be able to receive benefits from marriage
I want to hold the people that used stimulus money for their personal benefits responsible for committing fraud against the government
I want the congressmen to read the laws they vote on
I want abortion to remain legal the first five weeks of pregnancy as long as the fetus doesn't have a nervous system
I want a reformation of the lobbying processes and the use of the United States offices for personal gain
I want all non-automatic arms to remain legal
I want religion outside of elementary and secondary education
I want corporations to be held responsible for any environmental and malicious damage to other systems
I want welfare spending to be eliminated and instead funneled into construction projects and the like
I want to enforce the borders of the United States

I consider my self a liberal but those are the beliefs I have.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I will start with the conservative fantasy:

*Christian Sharia Law is the law of the land. You will be forced to bow down to Jesus and Jesus only.
* "Legitimate rape" will be legal.
* Abortion banned in all cases - even in case of rape and incest.
* No "minimum wage" policy - if your corporate master forces you to work for a dollar per house, better take the trickle down.
*Taxes will only be cut for the very wealthy. The poor are already too rich so have to make some sacrifices in the name of personal responsibility.
*More countries need to be invaded so that Christian Sharia law can be spread. Main targets are oil rich and muslim countries.
*Muslims need to be sent to guantanamo.
*Gays need to be sent to guantanamo.
*There should be no government except for a bloated military - rich people should be able to exert their power over the middle class and poor. The model is Somalia.
*No need for universities - just read the bible its got enough science and maths. Or watch the 500 club. Universities are "liberal indoctrination centers".
*Guns for everyone. Rocket launchers to be introduced in next couple of years. Newborn babies get gun "gifts" from the NRA.
Conservative fantasy is this:
-everyone is responsible for themselves
-everyone plans for their own retirement, families and local communities care for their elderly, -government is made as local as efficiency and feasibility will permit
-college education isn't the end all be all: trade schools where people train as electricians etc is considered as good as a college education
-taxes are levied to fund a federal government whose sole purpose is to protect your constitutional rights
-taxes are levied, voted on and controlled by local governments and THE PEOPLE of those localities to determine how much, or how little taxes and services they want
-budgets are balanced
-strong defense
-income equality is solved not by making the rich poorer, but by making the poor richer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies