Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Aren't you playing judge/executioner just like Dorner? The same could be said for his justification.

The cops are criminals. They deserve to die.
No i'm not. He committed murder which is a crime.

Not every criminal deserves to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
Obama never committed murder; you're trying to change the subject; and you're a troll.
Correction - President Obama has never been charged with murder.

He has ordered plenty of drone strikes that killed innocent women and children.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Well, then every POTUS and Congress has been guilty of that. Let's refrain form hijacking a thread.
Yes and people support them. Don't you see how thin these lines of morality are? I for one don't support a single person in the government. I don't lend myself to hypocrisy by condoning Obama but condemning Dorner.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Because he is a criminal.
Nobody wishes that on law abiding citizens.
Nobody should wish it at all.

Anyways, people who think that he is in hell generally don't understand what puts a soul there.

Hell is an eternal condition chosen by those who purposely reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

None of us knows what Dorner did spiritually in his last hours.

He could very well be with the Lord at this moment.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,681 times
Quote:
No i'm not. He committed murder which is a crime.

Not every criminal deserves to die.
Why do you care what laws some people write somewhere else and say you have to follow it?

Follow your morals and **** them and their laws. Yes, killing innocent people is morally wrong to just about anyone but stop with this he's a criminal nonsense. So are you, I guarantee you you have unknowingly and knowingly broke plenty of laws.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Correction - President Obama has never been charged with murder.

He has ordered plenty of drone strikes that killed innocent women and children.
Sure he has.

But what does that have to do with Dorner?

Dorner could have done A LOT more damage with documentation, video, pictures and statements backing up his claims, than murdering people.

He did the complete opposite of what he tried to achieve. Tomorrow everything will go back to the way it was, all be forgotten and he will just be another dead criminal. Nobody will take what he said about the LAPD seriously now. He will now and has been perceived as, just another lunatic.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
He gave up his self defense rights when he murdered 3 people and said that he wont go alive.
No one ever loses the right to self defense.

That is truly one right that can never be taken away.

Even if one is incapable of engaging in armed or unarmed combat, they can still resist passively.

Study the tactics of Ghandi.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times
Quote:
Dorner could have done A LOT more damage with documentation, video, pictures and statements backing up his claims, than murdering people.
Yup. Instead of 3 dead officers, he could have used his re-trial to investigate the claims of other officers and probably had a slew of officers in trouble if his claims of abuse stood.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Yes and people support them. Don't you see how thin these lines of morality are? I for one don't support a single person in the government. I don't lend myself to hypocrisy by condoning Obama but condemning Dorner.
Most people don't support congress anymore. They just settle for what we have. Which I disagree with.

I'd kick most of them out if I could.

That doesn't mean we should go murder them though.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I support him simply because he fought back against a corrupt system of the worlds biggest gang. Good job to him on taking 3 thugs out!

3 thugs? since when would the daughter of the police attorney qualify as a thug? This was the attorney that represented his case and did what he could to protect his rights.
She had nothing to do with the police corruption.

Incidentally, he was released from service, as he was from the police force. While I am certain the force is corrupt as many are, he did not choose a good means to get his point across. He is dead and no one will pick up the fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies