Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am not defending him, I just think that it is always the cops who say that the person was killed to protect life. kind of a copout. more like he was killed to save face for the cops. he also might have had information that could have been very relevent as well.

now we will never know.
Or......he was killed so he didn't have the opportunity to kill another cop - or a cop's family.

Besides, I think it's entirely possible he killed himself.

If that's what the autopsy says, does anyone here want to make any bets that the ones who are here defending him will claim that it's a lie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Now I see how the media gets so messed up....some of the stuff here is way over the top

Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM

720 posts, read 1,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Here is the way I'm looking at it, as I am still trying to piece together everything. Now, I'm not defending the guy, because going out and murdering people out of revenge isn't the answer either. However; from what I've read, wasn't this guy fired because he accused another cop of excessive force? Yet they said his firing was due to misconduct. Hmmm? We know that there are some shady cops out there. We're hearing more and more instances where cops think that they're above the law, and that they protect their own. Again, I'm not defending the guy, but shouldn't the cops followed through on their oath that they swore on "to protect and to serve" and investigated his claim a bit more instead of sweeping it under the rug. Look... the cops salaries are paid by the taxpayers! They are expected to follow their oath, and operate within the law. I realize that they have a tough job, but we're hearing too much of cops doing the wrong thing, and getting away with it. That is a huge problem! Perhaps if they would have investigated his claim a bit more, this wouldn't have happened. I mean, come on we all know that the LAPD hasn't exactly been squeaky clean, which is ashame, because it screws it up for the good cops out there.
His partner used excessive force, kicking a mentally ill man more than a few times. Dorner reported him to his superiors and was then labled a traitor. He was also going to testify in court. He never waived from his stance against the LAPD or his partner for what he did.

Disclaimer: I am not stating anything I post as fact.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 AM

720 posts, read 1,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
you're the one who says he was set up. Not me.

in another thread, you claimed that it was the LAPD who hacked his facebook account and posted his manifesto.

really?

Were these not your words that you just posted not more than 10 posts ago? there is no leading "In my opinion".

the only one living in a bubble is you. You're paranoia is making you see things that are not there.

Nothing I have posted or done in my life shows that I think the government (any government) is innocent in what goes on daily. And I don't treat the government as one big "entity" . it's made up of hundreds of thousands of individuals with their own bias, weaknesses, beliefs, strengths and shortcomings. There are things that need to be done, and some may not like what those people do. Sometimes we will not like what the government decides to do, but there are times that they do good things.
Here's a real fact for you....... totally unrelated to this thread. Did you know that the US government trained Bin Laden as CIA? Also provided all the weapons to his regime as well?? Look it up. That my friend is fact. *pop* there goes your bubble.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:26 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,763 times
The Government is always presumed innocent.

The Government presumes it, why can't you?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Who believed his story 100%,even if he was mistreated. What is the defense for killing that young woman and her fiancée? Or cowardly killing the police sitting at a stop light? Reading the comments in the LA Times made me as angry as I have been in a long time. What kind of pathetic individual would support this scumbag?
Those who "support" him WANT to believe he's an innocent and the cops are the bad guys.

So he was fired! Would his supporters on this thread go on the run and start a murder spree because they were fired??? Hell, I was once fired from a job! And I didn't kill someone's daughter because of it. This bastard had a choice, and he CHOSE not to go the route of being proven in a court of law. He CHOSE to kill any innocent people who got in his way.

Good riddance!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
What was the excuse for killing the young coach from Fullerton or her boyfriend?
You do know she was x LAPD one of the look the other way crowd, and so was her LAPD cop BF, as well as her LAPD father who Dorner seems to feel crossed him.

I don't care a bit.... But this should tell you it is time to stop looking the other way, and to clean up any problems with in the Dept you work.

Yeah its a good bet Dorner killed wrongly... but not with out reasons.

Now are you going to be party to wrong doing and looking the other way maybe gain and get advancement too, or are you cops going to man up and up hold the law in a legal way?

Should we the People have to suffer BAD Cops? Don't tell me LAPD doesn't have any and don't tell me bad cops are rare because I have suffered at the hands of bad cops all my life.

I was framed for felony hit and run and today that bad cop is doing time for 512 counts limped into 4 felonies for child molestation, which occurred over 2 decades while he was still a cop!

I just wonder how many people were wronged and a judge put on a sentence because of a lyin thru his teeth cop.

I was found at age 14 trying tio save the life of one of mom's BF's and was almost charged with murder.
I was chained to a PD garage hand rail and beaten by a BAD COP because he didn't find any drugs on me. I was a suspect because I had and still have long hair.

So far as i am concerned I ain't got no use of cops and I hope for the same. All cops are to me is high paid welfare recipients that keep the system up with cash flow.

It doesn't even make sense we the people can't defend ourselves in many states, but yet cops can shoot people over silly money. Note that money belongs to the system not we the people.

Maybe when you Cops clean house I may listen, but I am not holding my breath and at this point I am on the short end of the stick.

And yeah, when you COPS shoot some kids dog, you should know you just made a life time enemy of that kid.

CLEAN HOUSE

Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Those who "support" him WANT to believe he's an innocent and the cops are the bad guys.

So he was fired! Would his supporters on this thread go on the run and start a murder spree because they were fired??? Hell, I was once fired from a job! And I didn't kill someone's daughter because of it. This bastard had a choice, and he CHOSE not to go the route of being proven in a court of law. He CHOSE to kill any innocent people who got in his way.

Good riddance!
Yes, court wouldve done a helluva lot of good.

His word against that of an entire police department. A department (just like all others) where the first responsibility is to cover the ass of your fellow officers.

While the daughter of a corrupt cop and her boyfriend shouldnt have been harmed, labeling the 4 dead cops innocent is intellectually dishonest.

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Those who "don't support" him WANT to believe he's guilty and the cops are the good guys.

So what is your point???

651 posts, read 705,209 times
The bastard is dead. burn in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies