Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 08:07 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I worry more about the stability of folks who believe everything the government and MSM feeds them.
I was thinking the same....... I'm more worried about a President that can shoot his own citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
You know what drives people to do bat crazy sh** ? they are human.It grows tiresome that there has to be a label installed on tragedies and murders, he was a prepper, conspiracy theorist, he was right wing, he was a liberal, he was gay,he was a bible thumper.......... and when it is all said and done it does not mean squat or prove any point. Bottom line is we live in a mad mad world.
Now you've taken all the fun out of wondering.....

Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
I enjoy reading about conspiracy theories. Some are just too unbelievable to get interested in them though. But just because someone believes something in a different way than others why would that make them unstable ?
If someone was to believe that the CIA had once wanted to plan acts of terrorism in our own country for a certain agenda would they be thought of as unstable ? Sounds pretty crazy for the CIA to do something like that doesn't it well read about Operation Northwood... so not all theories are untrue..

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,162 times
Quote:
I worry more about the stability of folks who believe everything the government and MSM feeds them.
Same here

Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
People in this country are charged for conspiracy every day! Anybody that doesn't think there are conspiracies is incredibly naive!
Come on, Spence. You know that when people talk about "conspiracy theories," they're talking about grand conspiracies, usually with the government as the conspirators, with the public in general or high profile targets such as the President (e.g. JFK) as the victim. Nobody cares about three guys planning a bank robbery. Why are you being so disingenuous?

Old 02-11-2013, 08:41 AM

15,091 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Well, since all of the non-conspiracy theorist-intelligent people know that nobody has ever been murdered by the government, and that neither the government nor the media has ever actually lied about anything, it's just ridiculous to even consider these nutty theories that someone could be murdered, and the murderer might deliberately create the appearance of a suicide in order to hide the fact that it was a murder, because, that has never happened before either.

If only everyone could be as smart as the non-conspiracy theorist smart people out there, everything would be fine.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:

Amen to that.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I wonder if the OP thinks things just happen? No planning, nothing. People just sit around and all of a sudden things just happen.

I'm a retired Air Force officer and I can assure you that things don't just happen. When 2 or more people talk about doing something, that's a conspiracy. People in this country are charged for conspiracy every day! Anybody that doesn't think there are conspiracies is incredibly naive!

I agree. And living in the Cleveland area and seeing 2 huge political officials taken down for bribery, racketeering, and a number of other things... it's silly to think that everything is just hunkey dorey! Or how about the mayor New Orleans who was just indicted for corruption. Nope... move along... nothing to see here.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Can you give us a few examples of these things being fed to us? Just for the sake of discussion.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
There is a wide range of conspiracy out there though.

Some are reasonable, others go off into the realm of lunacy (faked moon landings).

People have long believed these and will so long into the future.

For example:
The anti-vaccination movement has pretty much collapsed with the revelations against the British researcher....except for the extreme nutters.

The Nazi false flag attack re: Poland is a proven conspiracy.

If you believe things like the DC earthquake being a secret nuke test...there is little you won't believe as long as it's something you want to believe.

It's also interesting to see how readily people will accept partisan information, basically as long as it's directed at the other party, they believe it in a heartbeat and refute conspiracy directed at thier political views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies