Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the crazy jesus crowd needs to go... they're batsheet crazy.. and their nonsense has no place in a secular government...keep it at church
But have you noticed the evangelicals don't talk about Jesus much. They focus more on the Old Testament and God as the cruel and feared overseer. They throw in Jesus' name on occasion, when it suits their purpose.
Remember, hurricanes, floods, you name it, are God's punishment for bad behavior like "gayness", even though most victims are not gay. Pretty sloppy work if you ask me.
Babies dying in the cradle as "God's will" - so what did the infant do to deserve such punishment? Their only answer "not for us to know". And these people want to govern the rest of us?
Michele Bachmann: Natural disasters a warning to D.C. - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com
10 Of The Craziest Things Michele Bachmann Has Ever Said | ThinkProgress

The once-proud Republican Party is their political home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

Hey Lib bedwetters..... what say you about crazy eyes..... nasty Nancy looking more nutty than even the typical Dem.....
Like I said, staunch Republican loyalist

Old 02-12-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Like I said, clueless Stalinist..... we can keep on going if you ant. For every completely retarded thing you say, I will lower myself and say something almost as retarded, although it is much easier for you to do

Do you know what a Republican is To you, it must be someone who doesn't think exactly as you do and therefore is the enemy .....right Donny?
Aren't you already doing that? I don't think anyone, even conservatives on here, buy that you are an independent.

Is the Republican label damaged so much that calling someone a Republican is an insult?????

Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If they would just dump the far right kooks who say global warming is not real and that science that does not agree with the bible is wrong, I would take a look at them again. I am for guns and our gun rights. But the far right Christian nut jobs who want to make abortion illegal and put their god in schools, and stop people from marrying who they want, make me walk away. Stop the crazy and you can win.
I think one party rule is just too dangerous given human nature, but the conservative party is just so screwed right now and their priorities are so screwed, I just don't see it.

Even the so called sane conservatives hang on to dead ideas like tax cuts pay for themselves, and the idea that cutting taxes always leads to economic growth, low regulation in all businesses is the right way to go, and on and on.

conservatives are too dogmatic and much of what they believe has been shown to be incorrect based on objective reality, and that is not what is the worst thing about the conservative party.

The worse thing about the conservative party is the fact that it is now this ethnic southern over age 35 white male dominated party which is increasingly becoming more anti-American and against the American people who are increasingly not southern white dudes over the age of 35.

The conservatives need to do a lot more than get rid of the religious extremists in their mist for me to support them again.

Although we do need more than one national party as a nation.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The religious right is a huge part of the base. Hell, it IS the base.

That said, those people need a party too. The Republican Party can juggle those people AND keep the moderates too. Reagan did it, and did so easily.

The thing is, the Republican Party has a small window of time in which to win back the moderates, and it's quite doable if they want to do it. Who says that you can't appease the moderates and the religious right contemporaneously without alienating either group? They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Judging from most of the Republicans i see on C-D, they seem to think that you can only have one or the other, which points to the party being too far to the right at this point.

Using derisive terms like 'RINO' doesn't help. Republicans need to quit forgetting that RINOS vote Republican at the end of the day, and that they're an important part of the coalition if you're getting their votes. Reagan understood that.

That's the other thing; stop invoking Reagan's name unless you're actually willing to run the party the way it was ran coterminously with the Reagan Administration.
They can still have the Republican party they just can't control it.

Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Aren't you already doing that? I don't think anyone, even conservatives on here, buy that you are an independent.

Is the Republican label damaged so much that calling someone a Republican is an insult?????
I don't care what you buy since I think most people on this site are stupid anyways.... yes, it is damaged, I would be equally insulted if you called me a Democrat though

How is someone ho is pro gay rights and pro pot legalization as well as very much in favor of environmental protection and regulations as well as high speed rail a Republican in your book?

Check my post history in the past..... you show yourself to be one of the lockstep libs who has been indoctrinated to believe that anyone who is not 100% on board with the agenda is the enemy and Republican?

This is why I say the moonbats of the left are crazy.... you aren't liberal at all

Old 02-12-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I don't care what you buy since I think most people on this site are stupid anyways.... yes, it is damaged, I would be equally insulted if you called me a Democrat though

How is someone ho is pro gay rights and pro pot legalization as well as very much in favor of environmental protection and regulations as well as high speed rail a Republican in your book?

Check my post history in the past..... you show yourself to be one of the lockstep libs who has been indoctrinated to believe that anyone who is not 100% on board with the agenda is the enemy and Republican?

This is why I say the moonbats of the left are crazy.... you aren't liberal at all
The lady doth protest too much

Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
If they would just dump the far right kooks who say global warming is not real and that science that does not agree with the bible is wrong, I would take a look at them again. I am for guns and our gun rights. But the far right Christian nut jobs who want to make abortion illegal and put their god in schools, and stop people from marrying who they want, make me walk away. Stop the crazy and you can win.
No, Thanks.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the crazy jesus crowd needs to go... they're batsheet crazy.. and their nonsense has no place in a secular government...keep it at church

Seriously? Take a look at your state, and the South. You red staters are where all these politicians come from. The people of your state believe in this crap. They tried it in PA, and we threw him out of office in a landside. On the other hand, if Santorum were the Senator from Alabama or Geogia, SC, etc he would still be in the Senate. Get your own state in order and then maybe the GOP will dump the thumpers.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:

You need to check the numbers on high speed rail. The US doesn't have a dense enough population to make it work. Personally I think it is a giant white elephant except in a few densely populated parts of the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies