Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 05:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
And people like you couldn't and can't hold a candle to Nugent and other citizens who actually love the constitution. BTW, I am sure that the SOTU was good for you all the while you continued to drink that kool-aid.

How is she a heroine anyway? She did no more than millions of other immigrants. I will give it to her though. At least she did it legally.

Yeah, Teddy loves the constitution so much he faked mental illness to keep from serving in Viet Nam. What a paragon of the right wing. This just makes me sad for what the GOP used to stand for, and what it's become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Yeah, Teddy loves the constitution so much he faked mental illness to keep from serving in Viet Nam. What a paragon of the right wing. This just makes me sad for what the GOP used to stand for, and what it's become.

It was a Progressive that started the unconstitutional draft, while we were not at war.

The man is a genius, like all genius's he may have a skrew loose someplace.
Think about this, He got out of fighting someone else's war, and didn't have to flee to Canada.
Pretty smart if you ask me.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It was a Progressive that started the unconstitutional draft, while we were not at war.

Think about this, He got out of fighting someone else's war, and didn't have to flee to Canada.
So he's basically a draft dodger, thank you for confirming suspicions about him.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,106,655 times
Default Ted Nugent, War Hero

Well, not so much.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/nugent.asp

From a 1977 High Times Interview:

"I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin' and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin' kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I'd drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, **** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn't believe the smell. They were ridiculin' me and pushin' me around and I was cryin', but all the time I was laughin' to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, "Oh my God, put those back on! You f****** swine you!" Then they had a urine test and I couldn't ****, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin' up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin' up. So I went home and cleaned up.

But you know the funny thing about it? I'd make an incredible army man. I'd be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of mother*******' killers you'd ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn't into it.

So, let me ask the folks out there who hold this guy up as a hero, and a spokesperson for the right wing...

Why?

Last edited by carterstamp; 02-14-2013 at 06:33 AM..

Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So he's basically a draft dodger, thank you for confirming suspicions about him.

No, he is a Constitutionalist, that was following the Constitution, with his genius form of civil disobedience. Fooling the system, of the unconstitutional draft, while we are not at declared war.

Of our last 100 years of Presidents, look at who has not had military service....
Woodrow Wilson, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.

I see a pattern here, especially after WW-II.
Snot nose elites, that have ruined the US Constitution, the most.

Last edited by BentBow; 02-14-2013 at 06:18 AM..

Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:

Cassius Clay stood behind his anti-war convictions, refused to be drafted and went to jail for it and lost millions of dollars. Nugent should be ashamed to show his face after what he did to avoid the draft, he did it because he was afraid.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Cassius Clay stood behind his anti-war convictions, refused to be drafted and went to jail for it and lost millions of dollars. Nugent should be ashamed to show his face after what he did to avoid the draft, he did it because he was afraid.

The truly psychotic, were the ones that were not afraid.
Think about that.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:32 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
The truly psychotic, were the ones that were not afraid.
Think about that.
I will go with those that stand behind their convictions rather than someone who is a liar.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:36 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Is there any truth to the rumor that he still wears Depends?

Right wing hero...

Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Well, not so much.

snopes.com: Ted Nugent Dodged the Draft?

From a 1977 High Times Interview:

"I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin' and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin' kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I'd drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, **** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn't believe the smell. They were ridiculin' me and pushin' me around and I was cryin', but all the time I was laughin' to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, "Oh my God, put those back on! You f****** swine you!" Then they had a urine test and I couldn't ****, But my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin' up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin' up. So I went home and cleaned up.

But you know the funny thing about it? I'd make an incredible army man. I'd be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I'd have the baddest bunch of mother*******' killers you'd ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn't into it.

So, let me ask the folks out there who hold this guy up as a hero, and a spokesperson for the right wing...

Why?
Post his true Selective Service Classification Record. He was classified 1-5 (High School Deferment) in 1967 and 2-5 (College Deferment) in 1968. Then after being classified as 1-A (available for military service) in 1969, he was rejected because he failed his physical and was given a 1-Y classification (meaning he had physical medical limitations but not disabling during a national emergency or wartime resulting in a demotion). After the 1-Y classification was eliminated at the end of 1971, he was reclassified 4-F. What does this mean? It means Ted didn't dodge the draft at all even though he had a deferment at the time he was eligible for the draft. He got on the bus like everyone else and went to go take his physical instead of heading to Canada to avoid combat. The military according to his selective service classification gave him a medical exemption due to a medical limitation.

Last edited by Old Army Soldier; 02-14-2013 at 06:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies