Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 PM

554 posts, read 608,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Wingnutters have always used religion to cloak their hatred in piety. It is the sign of a small mind and cold heart.
You cannot reason, or even argue, with a religious lunatic. Religion by its very nature is illogical, unscientific, nonsensical, and pathological. By its very definition, faith is the absence of reason. I'm disinclined to engage religious lunatics. It's a waste of time. Let them believe their fantasies. In the real world, they've lost the battle to make America a theocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 PM

279 posts, read 482,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Pointing out the hypocrisy of the religious right is me being insane? I think you've been smoking the bible, not reading it.

so there is no such thing as a true Christian, since there is no Christian alive that follows the bible 100%.

and doesn't the same bible say something about loving thy neighbor? Seems that neighbor should be anyone, and loving means to be accepting.

He thought he was a Christian doing the word of God, and his followers believed him. Again, who are you to determine who and who is not a true Christian?
1. To be a true Christian, you have to follow the Bible IMO, but God is the final judge. And you sure do know a lot about who does and who does not follow the Bible.

2. Yes, love thy neighbor as you love thyself, love the homosexual, not the sin he commits.

3. I need to do a little more research on Hitler who was a wicked yet fascinating character. In response to him being a true Christian, he thought wrong, and most likely didn't read the Bible, and for sure didn't abide by its teachings. Most likely most of his followers were atheists who were brain washed from an early age and indoctrinated by liberal propaganda. Something that is happening in America today, just not on quite the same scale, yet.

4. Assuming you are an atheist, how do you believe the universe got here? How did a living cell come into being from nothingness? How did something as complex as DNA come into being from nothingness? Where did good and evil come from? Why do human beings have a conscious? Why is it that only a man and a woman can create a baby and not a man and a man? Why are progressives brain dead?

Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMountainMan View Post
4. Assuming you are an atheist, how do you believe the the universe got here? How did a living cell come into being from nothingness? How did something as complex as DNA come into being from nothingness? Where did good and evil come from? Why do human beings have a conscious? Why is it that only a man and a woman can create a baby and not a man and a man?
Assuming you are a theist...
how do you believe your deity of choice got here? How did that being come into being from nothingness? How did something so complex as your deity come into being from nothingness?

The answers to the questions that you ask are mostly, "I don't know" and some are just too ridiculous to answer. Especially the final one.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
how do you believe your deity of choice got here? How did that being come into being from nothingness? How did something so complex as your deity come into being from nothingness?

The answers to the questions that you ask are mostly, "I don't know" and some are just too ridiculous to answer. Especially the final one.
The final one was meant to be a joke, haha, I guess I shouldn't quit my day job eh?

As far as where did God come from?

Revelation 1:8 KJV - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and - Bible Gateway

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41OctGhh3yQ Please watch

Old 02-11-2013, 11:30 PM

Romans 1:20 NIV - For since the creation of the world - Bible Gateway

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
The final one was meant to be a joke, haha, I guess I shouldn't quit my day job eh?

As far as where did God come from?

Revelation 1:8 KJV - I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and - Bible Gateway

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Sigh...

I can post a lot of creation stories for other religions as well.

Your deity of choice holds no special position over them.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:40 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
1. To be a true Christian, you have to follow the Bible IMO, but God is the final judge. And you sure do know a lot about who does and who does not follow the Bible.
I read the bible like everyone else does who attends Sunday School as a kid. I treated it like any other book I read. A book of fanciful fairy tales with a moral teaching to offer. Doesn't mean that I believe in what it says 100%. Its good to know what the Bible says to argue with religious zealots who demonstrate that they haven't.

Quote:
2. Yes, love thy neighbor as you love thyself, love the homosexual, not the sin he commits.
Yet Jesus protected a prostitute, despite being a prostitute.

What did he say? let him who is without sin, cast the first stone?

Sinning is in the eye of the beholder. Many homosexuals do not sin, and don't believe their actions are in any way a sin. And many who support homosexuals do not believe that they commit sin by being with someone of the same sex.

Sinning is subjective.

So, have you sinned? I'm sure you did. So you are in no place to judge the activities of homosexuals and call them sinners for being who they are, than anyone else in the world.

Quote:
3. I need to do a little more research on Hitler who was a wicked yet fascinating character.
His followers didn't believe him to be "wicked".

Quote:
In response to him being a true Christian, he thought wrong,
Your opinion. HIs followers didn't think so. They actively followed what he said as gospel.

Quote:
and most likely didn't read the Bible
Your opinion. It's apparent through his writings that he did read the bible, and took those writings to heart and he applied them to his beliefs, and was in fact acting on the word of God.

Quote:
and for sure didn't abide by its teachings.
Your opinion. Doesn't matter WHAT you believe. All that matters is what HE believed and what his followers believed. He believed he was working on the word of God. To cleanse the "world" at this point of the Jews for being abominations and non-followers of God. That they were sinners and ethnically unclean. That the Jews were born from Satan.

Quote:
Most likely most of his followers were atheists who were brain washed from an early age and indoctrinated by liberal propaganda.
You're assuming alot, based on nothing. Anyone with any modicum of understanding Nazi Germany and Hitler knows this is bull.

Quote:
Something that is happening in America today, just not on quite the same scale, yet.
Keep smoking whatever it is you're smoking.

Quote:
4. Assuming you are an atheist, how do you believe the the universe got here?
I'm Agnostic. I'm not an Atheist. As for how the universe got here? Energy, plain and simple. Of course, its not that plain and simple, but we, everything around us was created from Energy.

Quote:
How did a living cell come into being from nothingness?
Amino acids over time, combined to create proteins, these proteins developed into simple life forms. Life forms evolved into complex life forms, and from there more complex life forms developed. Of course energy is involved in this complex equation, but we didn't come from "nothingness".

Quote:
How did something as complex as DNA come into being from nothingness?
It didn't.

Quote:
Where did good and evil come from?
What may be evil to you is not evil to someone else. Communist followers in Russia thought Americans were evil, and they were good. Where did it come from? Same way any belief is formed, through education or through ignorance.

Quote:
Why do human beings have a conscious?
Same way any belief is formed, through education or through ignorance.

Quote:
Why is it that only a man and a woman can create a baby and not a man and a man?
And how did Mary give birth if she was virgin? Can't have a baby without a man right? oops, even your bible says that its possible to have children without doing the nasty.

But, today, a woman can have a baby through adoption, artificial insemination, or hiring a surrogate. Same way gay/lesbian couples do today.

Quote:
Why are progressives brain dead?
Funny, its the religious cult followers who have shown to be brain dead; can't even wrap their head around science.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
Sigh...

I can post a lot of creation stories for other religions as well.

Your deity of choice holds no special position over them.

God has no hold over creation. Other religions creation stories pre-date Christianity by thousands of years. Mesopotamians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Egyptians, the Hopi, and so forth.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:47 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,765,855 times
Quote:
The homosexual agenda has beenrammed so hard down your throat I'm surprised you aren't gagging for air.
And later in the thread, you wrote: "So a man ramming his member into another mans rectum is considered normal and not a deviant act? Just picture that for a second, is that normal, not deviant or unnatural?"

All this talk about ramming has me positively dizzy. I think I need to get off this Stairmaster, go find my husband, and give him a good...

Anyway, I had an uncle who did all that 'Mountain Man' stuff. Went to the rendezvous and all. Big family man and Republican, too. Very condescending and pitying toward the gay people in the family. But when he died, it was discovered he'd written an erotic novel about homosexual Mountain Men. Can't imagine why that popped into my head, just now.

So... um.... do you spend much time 'picturing' that ramming of posteriors... and things being "rammed so hard" down throats?

But back to whether the ramming of members into other males' (you know) is normal, not deviant, or unnatural: I'd say that the practice is quite 'normal', hardly 'deviant', and quite natural. I mean if big butch Buffalo bulls can do it, how can it be unnatural? Then, there are the Bonobos. Here's a 6-part documentary which shows all kinds of animals engaging in various homoerotic acts, including that ramming thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqBdD0NMeag

And you do realize, don't you, that many Gay men do not do any ramming of anything anywhere. In fact, plenty have never done anything with anybody. It's a matter of preference, not practice. My Gay friends say that 'straight' men with latent homosexual desires think about anal sex far more than do Gays.

As for who (and what) does it, I'll leave you with a song by Cole Porter whose male/male encounters reportedly included Black Jack Bouvier (Jackie Kennedy's notorious womanizing poppa), the reportedly gargantuan Leslie Hutchinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8OAilfa9l0 , and a cast of thousands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms3m9xdFw2k

Point is, it doesn't really matter. We live in a miraculously free era. So, instead of being frustrated and bitter, maybe certain somebodies should expand their parameters.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 02-12-2013 at 12:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies