Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:47 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,338,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Let's hear how its not the guns fault and this crazy moron could have killed a 10 year old boy riding with his Mom to the store with a knife or hammer. Guns make crazy people 100X more dangerous. That's why we need strict gun control.

Latest news
All these posts serve to demonstrate is how many kooks and crazies are out there. Which would make more people want to own guns for peace of mind, I would think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,066,250 times
I'm just wondering if the OP started a thread and expressed outrage every single time somebody was shot in Chicago last year? Many of them innocent children. That would mean over 500 new threads.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
It wasn't a cop. It was a crazy nut with easy access to a gun. That is the problem. Too many guns and too easy for anyone to get.

Oh and do you feel that all the changing of gun laws in the word, are going to stop criminals from getting their hands on guns.

Anyone who says yes is delusional.

Look the persons who killed 2 of my family members, different cases different places, but two dead realitives.

One stated, after he killed my cousin and in prision. He would kill with bare hands if necessary, as he said, when someone has it in them to kill, they will kill you. Something about a gosh damn rush. Some people not easy to say, get a rush when they kill you, and you take your last breath.

He also stated, how easy it is for them to get weapons. So please enlighten me, on how anything will change for the better.

If anything since all this talk about guns, people have seen to go more nuts, have you noticed.

What the hell is up with judges, who release certain criminals out of jail, way before their time.

I too am tired of the killings of the innocent. But think we are going about this the wrong way. There is also a mental aspect of this too. Too many guns in the hands of those who seek medical attnetion, but not receiving it.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,192,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Oh and do you feel that all the changing of gun laws in the word, are going to stop criminals from getting their hands on guns.

Anyone who says yes is delusional.

Look the persons who killed 2 of my family members, different cases different places, but two dead realitives.

One stated, after he killed my cousin and in prision. He would kill with bare hands if necessary, as he said, when someone has it in them to kill, they will kill you. Something about a gosh damn rush. Some people not easy to say, get a rush when they kill you, and you take your last breath.

He also stated, how easy it is for them to get weapons. So please enlighten me, on how anything will change for the better.

If anything since all this talk about guns, people have seen to go more nuts, have you noticed.

What the hell is up with judges, who release certain criminals out of jail, way before their time.

I too am tired of the killings of the innocent. But think we are going about this the wrong way. There is also a mental aspect of this too. Too many guns in the hands of those who seek medical attnetion, but not receiving it.

maybe we should start giving judges mental examinations before they become judges and retest them each and every year.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Is this going to be the new norm around here? Every time there is a gun death (excluding the daily occurrences in Chicago) we're going to get a new thread from the anti-gun folks in the peanut gallery?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:06 AM

385 posts, read 357,923 times
Maybe take away the guns from Obama, is he gonna stop drone bombing people in foreign countries anytime soon?

Old 02-12-2013, 10:07 AM

385 posts, read 357,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Is this going to be the new norm around here? Every time there is a gun death (excluding the daily occurrences in Chicago) we're going to get a new thread from the anti-gun folks in the peanut gallery?
They very well may be paid posters paid to disseminate propaganda that is useful for the governments aims.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Let's hear how its not the guns fault and this crazy moron could have killed a 10 year old boy riding with his Mom to the store with a knife or hammer. Guns make crazy people 100X more dangerous. That's why we need strict gun control.

Latest news
And the 2nd amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That's why until you amend the constitution, you cannot have strict gun control. Facts are facts, and no amount of news articles change that.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:11 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And the 2nd amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That's why until you amend the constitution, you cannot have strict gun control. Facts are facts, and no amount of news articles change that.
"Strict gun control" means, of course, 100% confiscation of all privately-owned firearms. Nothing less will work.

Criminals will always be able to get them, by stealing them, unless they are all GONE.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
How would that happen, they were in their car and he opened fire on them. One handgun made a safe street into a dangerous street and ruined the neighborhoods peace of mind.
I wonder how many articles I can find showing how one drunk driver made a safe street into a dangerous street and ruined the neighborhoods peace of mind. Do you think we should ban cars?

Epic

Thread

FAIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies