Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times

Advertisements

Because the nutjobs here on C-D are desperate to find something, anything, to be outraged about, especially as it pertains, or can be imagined to pertain if they really, really try, to the black man in the White House.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,861,175 times
Meh they're comedians. People are too thin skinned and get offended at everything today. Someone cracks a joke or GOD FORBID has an opinion different than yours, watch out.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:29 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Meh they're comedians. People are too thin skinned and get offended at everything today. Someone cracks a joke or GOD FORBID has an opinion different than yours, watch out.
This is so true. People just need to get over it and move on with their lives. I personally think it has a lot to do with the raising of our children. You know, everyone is a winner , there are no losers , bullying in bad etc. I'm not condoning bullying but a small amount of it helps develop your character and how you problem solve certain situations and or confrontations. Hmmm makes you wonder why all the people are snapping and lashing out in violence doesn't it ? They've never had to deal with not being a "winner" or someone not liking them or being cast out.. All things the older generations have had to deal with and learned how to overcome it.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:33 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Most of the comedians may be left wing but it is the lefties that get all offended when they say something offensive or provocative.

Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Right wing politicians are such an easy target that left wing comedians have a wealth of material. Why aren't there any right wing comedians? On purpose I mean - I'm not talking about Cain or Perry or Palin.

The class clown becomes a comedian because they can't hold down a real job.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post

If people are getting all butt hurt over something a comedian says, then they have other issues. I like all sorts of comedy, and different styles From old Eddie Murphy, to Ron White, to Seinfeld, to Bill Cosby... Denis Leary... Dave Chapelle... and especially Sam Kineson (RIP) he definitely isn't for the feint hearted.

At any rate, they say that laughter is the best medicine, and I do love to laugh.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,287 times
Comedians are not joking.

I have yet to find anything George Carlin said, a joke.

Dennis Miller is a creep.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Comedians are not joking.

I have yet to find anything George Carlin said, a joke.

Dennis Miller is a creep.
You obviously don't know what joking is.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I'd just like to have some more non partisan humor from the comedians and political jokesters. Too often they make a mild crack on Obama, not even a scything one, and you hear the audience laugh slightly nervously confused as to whether or not they should laugh for fear of being frowned at or offending someone.
But make a joke about a republican, lame or richly deserved, and they yuck it up like seals even if it goes right over their heads.
Leno is the only guy on nights that has some good zingers that he takes at anybody and everybody, I truly respect that. Maher occasionally takes a jab at Obama but only when he doesn't live up to his uber liberal philosophy and then it comes across as scolding. Almost never do they ridicule Obama for saying something stupid or doing something odd or dopey which is all too frequent. That covers SNL, Letterman, Stewart, Colbert. And if they do poke fun at a glaring gaffe its with kid gloves.
Its just a waste of material that I can't stand. These pinheads should realize that by going after both parties they can double their audience. They may lose a few uptight people but the quality of the audience will improve dramatically.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'd just like to have some more non partisan humor from the comedians and political jokesters. Too often they make a mild crack on Obama, not even a scything one, and you hear the audience laugh slightly nervously confused as to whether or not they should laugh for fear of being frowned at or offending someone.
But make a joke about a republican, lame or richly deserved, and they yuck it up like seals even if it goes right over their heads.
Leno is the only guy on nights that has some good zingers that he takes at anybody and everybody, I truly respect that. Maher occasionally takes a jab at Obama but only when he doesn't live up to his uber liberal philosophy and then it comes across as scolding. Almost never do they ridicule Obama for saying something stupid or doing something odd or dopey which is all too frequent. That covers SNL, Letterman, Stewart, Colbert. And if they do poke fun at a glaring gaffe its with kid gloves.
Its just a waste of material that I can't stand. These pinheads should realize that by going after both parties they can double their audience. They may lose a few uptight people but the quality of the audience will improve dramatically.
There are conservative comedians, problem is that nobody finds them funny.

Dennis Miller on the NFL - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies