Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:15 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,053,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
v

no way...he has 1 mil bounty + they want no part of him. He is not some run of the mill fugitive.

99% of mexicans might not know of him, but the Mexicans south of Cali sure do.

My guess is he is out in the desert SE of LA ...E of San
Diego.
Even most Mexicans in the border cities where they get a lot of their news from the USA wouldn't be aware of him, but he has no reason to stay there. Go further south and further down. There isn't even a FM signal after a while when you get past San Quintin or Puerto Penasco depending on the route he decided to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,379,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You got to feel bad for anyone that looks even close to that guy in southern california.
I know your right. My daughter actaully knows 3 guys that could pass for Dorner which is scary.

I would not in no way help a family member excape to Mexico, if i knew this person had just shot 3 people to death, no way no how, but that is me.
I just found out yesterday, my niece knew Monica Quan very well. She is taking this very badly, and can't understand how a person so loved, so sweet, and sicnere, and had her whole life to live. Was taken away in an instant, she is having a hard time with this.

I hope they get Dorner sooner then later, no one knows what the later might bring.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,816,827 times
checkpoints dont mean much, especially if dorner has help from the inside.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 PM

39,811 posts, read 26,311,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
nobody has mentioned this, but it is a possibility.

he killed himself
We can hope.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,143,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Even most Mexicans in the border cities where they get a lot of their news from the USA wouldn't be aware of him, but he has no reason to stay there. Go further south and further down. There isn't even a FM signal after a while when you get past San Quintin or Puerto Penasco depending on the route he decided to take.

it isnt that hard to hide if you know how, depending on the courses and training he took while in the military could in fact help him out.

if you know how, you can disappear and nobody will ever find you.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
They won't send him back if he's eligible for the death penalty. That would cause a row in Mexico. Most likely the Mexican authorities would demand this be dropped for him to be returned.
You seriously didn't just say that?

Someone in mexico is going to be upset cause some yankee may get the death penalty? That from a country where they are killing people left and right in the drug wars.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM

8,996 posts, read 10,421,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
checkpoints dont mean much, especially if dorner has help from the inside.
Meaning, you think there are elements in the federales and local Mexican police, not to mention the narcos, who might be supporting him?

If he really is in cahoots with the drug cartels, then maybe the LAPD was right to fire him in the first place.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You seriously didn't just say that?

Someone in mexico is going to be upset cause some yankee may get the death penalty? That from a country where they are killing people left and right in the drug wars.
Mexico, being a catholic country, is vehemently against the death penalty and by policy won't extradite any person if they stand a chance of being executed. This is widely known to people facing the death penalty in the border states.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Meaning, you think there are elements in the federales and local Mexican police, not to mention the narcos, who might be supporting him?

If he really is in cahoots with the drug cartels, then maybe the LAPD was right to fire him in the first place.
Most likely they won't even be aware of him. They're looking for their own criminals, most Mexicans have a big fog about what happens in the USA except for presidential elections.

My bet is he could nonchalantly pass through the checkpoints without even changing his name. At least once he's out of close proximity to the US-Mexican border.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,400,711 times
The average Mexican pays as much attention to the news as the average American.

This is news in Mexico. It's been on TV news and is in newspapers.

2013/02/12*Ex policía estaría ya en Tijuana*-El Mexicano
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies