Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 11:25 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,029,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There was a report this morning that the Republicans are seriously considering the filibuster on the Hagel nomination.

I'm really trying to understand what this is all about, and i don't really believe any of the nonsense i'm hearing from the media on this issue.

What's the beef here? Why are Republicans going so hard at a fellow Republican, and on whose behalf are they doing this on? Saying that it's the Israeli lobby just doesn't make any sense, and i can hardly believe that Republicans are that stupid. They can't possibly want to block a nomination to the SecDef job over opposition to comments about Israel. There has to be something else there because this seems to be getting personal.

And really, what's the endgame? If they successfully block Hagel, then who and what do they want? Do they really believe that Obama is going to take their recommendations on a nominee after they topedo HIS nominee? Because i think Obama is gonna be in a pretty vindictive mood after something like that. Not to mention that the well will be poisoned for any future legislation.

I'm just trying to understand why the Republicans think this is a fight worth having when to me, it looks like the last fight you'd want to have. They've already embarrassed and belittled him at his hearing, and he groveled like a beaten dog. So why dig in some more? What do they gain from it?

Oh well..what say you?
So, what you're saying is that since he was a republican, he should be supported by republicans regardless of what he stands for?

We're not dummycrats......robert "KKK" byrde for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:25 AM

119 posts, read 312,397 times
The Jewish Lobby controls rinos like MCCAIN and Graham that are anti American in everyway but get called conservative by other Rinos like Hannity bc of their precious Israel...

Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,742,834 times
I think for the same reasons democrats oppose other candidtaes for positons. its all about his history not being in line with what they want in the position.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:27 AM

119 posts, read 312,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So, what you're saying is that since he was a republican, he should be supported by republicans regardless of what he stands for?

you listen to Hannity too much Byrd was a good Democrat....very similar to Pat Buchanan a real true conservative ....

what does Israel have to do with America anyway.... I dont care about Israel I care about America... same goes for every other country in the world... all those jews with dual citizenship and Mexicans too need to be deported they are not true citizens by the constitution

Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,567,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American1476 View Post
all those jews with dual citizenship and Mexicans too need to be deported they are not true citizens by the constitution
And all the Irish too - those redhead b@stards all supported terrorists, every one. Send 'em home.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,665,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
He is a RINO traitor.
So he's not a republican in name only? That's cool. There are less republicans in actuality too...or RATs. Coined it!

Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,149,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

So what does he stand for that's so objectionable?

Old 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,232,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
From what I understand, no cabinet nomination has ever been filibustered. But then, the pubs in the senate have set all time records on filibusters over the past four years. They've gone totally psycho and fear the lunatic fringe in their own party, so they feel like the have to oppose any move the president makes.

I hope they do it. I want to see these fools dig themselves in so deep they'll never see daylight again.
Are some of those GOP filibusters part of why Harry Reid hasn't allowed one bill aimed at being a budget to even be discussed in the Senate? I won't believe it if you say yes.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,232,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So what does he stand for that's so objectionable?
How about support of Iran and Egypt? If that isn't enough maybe destruction of Israel for those two may make him a bit objectionable.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:49 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,578,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are some of those GOP filibusters part of why Harry Reid hasn't allowed one bill aimed at being a budget to even be discussed in the Senate? I won't believe it if you say yes.
I don't know.

I do know that all of this hullabaloo about the budget is kabuki theater, though. The budget is a nonbinding wish list that carries no weight. Spending is done through appropriation bills. Shouldn't you already know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies