Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:31 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,243,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I don't understand why Arkansas is singled out. Guns are welcomed in any builds in the USA unless there is a sign posted in public... To me it's a non-issue.
Because Arkansas recently amended an existing law. Previously the law excluded carrying in churches; the new law still says that by default carrying in churches is illegal, but adds a provision saying churches can allow carrying if they want to. The anti-gun and anti-religion types are, of course, foaming at the mouth to ridicule the new law, but I agree that it's a non-issue.

I'm not familiar with how common this is, but I know that my current state of Tennessee doesn't allow carrying in churches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 05:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Because Arkansas recently amended an existing law. Previously the law excluded carrying in churches; the new law still says that by default carrying in churches is illegal, but adds a provision saying churches can allow carrying if they want to. The anti-gun and anti-religion types are, of course, foaming at the mouth to ridicule the new law, but I agree that it's a non-issue.

I'm not familiar with how common this is, but I know that my current state of Tennessee doesn't allow carrying in churches.
Oh thanks...... I would never have guessed since there is Law in Mass that all able men are to carry muskets in Church each Sunday to defend from Indian attacks.

I would think most other early states would also have like laws.

Me I don't do white box religion, I find God / Manitoe in the wild places, but I do tend to shop 'church stores' and am always armed.

Being armed to me is like have a spare tire, and the tools to change it..

Only place i discuss this or think about it is on CD.

Back in 05/06 for 10 months I toured the USA, and had been a head mod as mcusa, and from that task, got 16 + invites all knowing that if they made me any offers and i showed up I would be armed.

They did I showed up and some even knowing they would not be home at the hour I arrived left me keys with notes. However i never turned one of those keys.
Spent about 90 days on your state and passed closer to you too... I recall a larger river and a bigger bridge about there and that kudzu plant..
Can't rep ya I seem be out... Thanks again....

Old 02-16-2013, 08:01 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:

If it's a non-issue then what was the need for the legislation in the first place, new laws are usually driven by a need, were there mass shootings in churches where parishioners were defenseless. Seems like this was more or less a reaction to the current climate rather than common sense, just a bit weird to the mainstream that these congressmen had nothing better to worry about than parishoners carrying concealed weapons.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,243,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If it's a non-issue then what was the need for the legislation in the first place, new laws are usually driven by a need, were there mass shootings in churches where parishioners were defenseless. Seems like this was more or less a reaction to the current climate rather than common sense, just a bit weird to the mainstream that these congressmen had nothing better to worry about than parishoners carrying concealed weapons.
It's a non-issue because it was revising the law to match what people were doing anyway. The only way it could be enforced was if the church reported someone. If the church allowed concealed carry then the church wouldn't report it. That practice exactly matches the new version of the law.

The "need" is that laws that aren't enforced should be revised or removed.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
It's a non-issue because it was revising the law to match what people were doing anyway. The only way it could be enforced was if the church reported someone. If the church allowed concealed carry then the church wouldn't report it. That practice exactly matches the new version of the law.

The "need" is that laws that aren't enforced should be revised or removed.
I have no doubt that there are some crazies that bring a gun to church, the article doesn't mention that but I would expect the frequency to be so minor that it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
I have no doubt that there are some crazies that bring a gun to church, the article doesn't mention that but I would expect the frequency to be so minor that it wouldn't be worth the trouble.
I don't do that white box thing, but on occasions i get to go to court. because people are tending to be upset around courts a gun is a good idea and if not why is the court protected by guns?

You silly grabbers thing courts and banks should be protected by the gun, but not 'We the People'

That's just silly.

These days because of the gun grabbers and silly liberals every place man can go is dangerous. You people made it that way.

Old 10-19-2013, 06:19 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Mmmh... let me see...
Guns + religious wackos + megachurches = DUMB****ISTAN!!!!
Thanks God, I don't live in Republitardistan (aka Whitetrashistan aka Dumb****istan aka Redneckistan) anymore
Interesting how the map of Redneckistan almost perfectly coincides with the map of Chigger Country, USA:

Chigger Map of United States Chigger Concentration Locations

Old 10-19-2013, 06:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Mmmh... let me see...
Guns + religious wackos + megachurches = DUMB****ISTAN!!!!
Thanks God, I don't live in Republitardistan (aka Whitetrashistan aka Dumb****istan aka Redneckistan) anymore
Still wanna know how gun ownership + religion + size of churches makes one dumb

Old 10-19-2013, 06:23 PM

241 posts, read 245,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
"But I tell you: Love your enemies and shoot those who persecute you"
- Matthew 5:44
hahahaha.....imma make my a plaque that says that

Old 10-19-2013, 06:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Reverend Shot During Church Service - Crime - Howzit MSN News

Reverend shot, critically wounded, assistant killed in Howard Church - Baltimore Sun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies