Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,703 times

Advertisements

This guy means business and has all that training, I wouldn't wanna be within a mile of that cabin if everything is firm , plus he planned this thing ...those guys are going to have to be careful and maybe in the dark with the heat is not wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh BS.
it's not BS. Procedures must be followed or else more people get injured.

Quote:
Your telling me the most wanted guy in the state might be in there and no cop is gonna peak his head in?
You do know that no police was near the cabin when it was burning. And no firefighter would let anyone pass their zone of safety whether police or not.

Quote:
Fire hose won't cool that place down?
Nope. It takes hours for a fire or burnt house/structure to cool down enough to enter. And the place must be inspected before anyone can enter.

Have you ever talked to a firefighter?

Quote:
Last time I dumped water onto my campfire it cooled it down pretty quick.
You're comparing a camp fire to a full blown 800-1200 degree fire burning an entire structure, and the contents within (including poisonous materials that would be released as gas)

Really? They are nothing alike.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,999,290 times
Remember what happened when they thought they blew up Rambo in that cave.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

You do know that no police was near the cabin when it was burning. And no firefighter would let anyone pass their zone of safety whether police or not.

Nope. It takes hours for a fire or burnt house/structure to cool down enough to enter. And the place must be inspected before anyone can enter.

You're comparing a camp fire to a full blown 800-1200 degree fire burning an entire structure, and the contents within (including poisonous materials that would be released as gas)

The police were nowhere around? So this guy just burned himself alive and the cops still cant find the place or firefighters? I read there was a shootout and they were pumping tear gas into the joint. Your expertise on firefighting doesn't make a lot of sense to me. This is some cabin the the woods and the most wanted guy in the state was in there. You really think the cops who want this guy dead are gonna stand down waiting for the fire chief to declare it safe to enter?? LOL.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,834 times
Quote:

God I hate post dissectors. Could you make it more obvious that you wanna just look right?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The police were nowhere around?
wow, you don't even hide that fact that you are not reading any of the reports and rather argue for arguing sake.

They are around. They are holding at bay until they get the all clear . Currently their job is to make sure that Dorner hasn't escaped, or is hiding in the surrounding area. They don't know if Dorner used the fire as a distraction or not.

Quote:
So this guy just burned himself alive
There has been no confirmation that he did. They can't even confirm that there is even a body. All we know is that the house has burned. That there was one gun shot heard prior to the home being burned. That one hostage was able to escape. That they are currently waiting to get the all clear form the fire fighters that its okay to enter the structure safely.

You are jumping to conclusions based on nothing.

Quote:
and the cops still cant find the place or firefighters?
You need to stop while you are way behind. You also need to educate yourself on procedures concerning structure fires, and who is responsible for what.

Have you never followed a structure fire on the news?

Quote:
I read there was a shootout and they were pumping tear gas into the joint.
Again, you aren't reading the reports. There was an altercation with police prior to Dorner escaping to a cabin. Two police officers were shot, and both were taken to a local hospital; one has died, the other was in surgery. The police were up there because they were notifed by a Ranger who's car was forcibly taken by Dorner. He was the one that notifed the police of his location. Police showed up to the location to investigate. Tear gas was launched toward the home, but there is no word on if it had any effect (all Dorner needed was a gas mask to protect himself, and with the amount of items he was buying and arsenal he was purported to have, I wouldn't doubt he would have something that would protect him from tear gas. HE was, after all, a police officer for a while, so he would know what they would use).

A tank was used, that took down the walls of the cabin, shortly after the structure was set ablaze. Who or what started the fire is not known at this time.

The police cleared the area around the cabin, as the fire fighters showed up. They let the structure burn due to safety (they didn't know if Dorner was hiding nearby or still within the structure). Until the fire fighters (chief and inspector) clears the structure, no one can enter the structure.

Quote:
Your expertise on firefighting doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
So you rather have cops enter a building that just had a 1200 degree blaze without knowing the stability of the structure, checking for safety (what if there was an open gas main?), if there are hot spots, or any confirmation from around the structure to see if it was safe so they can investigate a building that has been doused with thousands of gallons of water?

REally, talk to a firefighter. They can tell you what can or can't be done with a recently doused fire.

Quote:
This is some cabin the the woods and the most wanted guy in the state was in there.
This wasn't just some "cabin" in the woods. It was a full 2 story structure, like any nice home you'd find in Torrance or Hollywood. A fire just blazed through the entire structure. A fire that can reach up to temperatures up to 1200 degrees.

Would you enter a house that was just burned, to check for bodies without knowing if the structure was safe?

You are really stretching with your failed logic.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
God I hate post dissectors. Could you make it more obvious that you wanna just look right?
Then don't read it, (or even quote it) . Sorry if you can't handle people correcting other people's misinformation.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Didn't he wound some cop up in LA county?
He wounded 1 LAPD cop, but it took place in Corona, which is in Riverside County.

LAPD was way out of their jurisdiction.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/12/us/lap...cks/index.html

Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
Quote:
Really? I live here. I went to work freely, drove my car, went to lunch , walked freely in my city, and went home. Funny how I could do all of these things in a "shut" down city.
Unless you live in Riverside or Seven Oaks - a cop wasn't killed in your city - at least not by Dorner.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:20 PM

YOU said no police were around the place not me. Now you are saying they were. Perhaps in your haste to make it appear you know everything you actually know nothing? Now this cabin is the equivalent of a mansion in Hollywood. You should write a movie about this whole thing. You wouldn't even need any consultants to provide their expertise from the fire dept or police or anything because you know it all. lol

You listen to the news but CNN has already said he's dead and now they retract that both times saying LAPD told em this so they don't know anything either. So you continue to play your know it all nothing game. It's quite humorous. I should say the keystone cops not LAPD. Is their fire department any more competent than the po po? If not I don't plan on asking them how to put out a fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies