Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
How exactly is taking a sip of water screwing up a speech?
Oh come on, Rubio was hittin' the water like a bogart hittin' a joint!

Make people wonder what was in the water? scotch?
I wonder if his pupils were dilated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I believe that's the mentality of both sides, neither side seems to accept others ideas generally; yet they both 'attempt' (keyword) to be the victim. I, for one am accepting of others ideas and applaud either side, hell I encourage both parties to work together on fixing problems rather than taking eithers direct route. I'm only 21 as of now so my experience with politics is limited in the sense of time, but I wonder of this huge bigotry has occurred for decades between the two parties? It seems like at some point they were able to tolerate each other, but these days compromise or better yet accepting others ideas means one is not loyal to their party.

In Maryland the politicans have a bill being proposed by Republicans that reduces corporate tax by 2% therefore making us more competitive with VA, but that bill will be killed by our democrats just for the sake of politics. These type of politicans aren't what I like, we all need to be more accepting of each others ideas. I watched the Ben Carson speech and he's a like able honest character that seems to have his heart in the right place, I like his idea of a flat tax but you guys wouldn't like the flat tax I'd implement most likely nonetheless that is a 'fair' tax code. We do need more of those libraries he spoke on that could help reinvent the minds of the troubled inner-city youth. The government can't do everything right nor all it does is wrong, so we need to allow some individuals of status to make investments and feed ideass for our education system.

Pretty much all I'm saying is we can never vote a straight-card when it comes to politics, if Rubio presented ideas that I appreciate and seem to fit my preferences I'd vote for him although I'm a left-leaning liberal (gradually becoming a left-leaning independent). What's pissing me off about him is that he believes he can win the African-American and young vote by telling people what music he listens to; I listen to the Rolling Stones, the Small Faces, MGMT, etc but why would I say that for unless trying to win people over, but most lie likely it still wouldn't work. Nonetheless I really don't know much about his political stance, so I may begin researching him because it does seem he will be the GOP presidential candidate for 2016.
Rubio is already out and he never got in. That is the problem with politics today. It's all about character assassination. The best and brightest many times probably don't even want to enter into that venue because they and their families all become targets. This guy takes a swig of water and it's national news and he's unfit for office now in the opinion of the MSM the ones who drive the tide to the "mob" which is what I call a large percent of the voting populace anymore. Heck nothing even needs to be true anymore just as long as it gets the headlines and the "mob" nods their head.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:59 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Rubio is already out and he never got in. That is the problem with politics today. It's all about character assassination. The best and brightest many times probably don't even want to enter into that venue because they and their families all become targets. This guy takes a swig of water and it's national news and he's unfit for office now in the opinion of the MSM the ones who drive the tide to the "mob" which is what I call a large percent of the voting populace anymore. Heck nothing even needs to be true anymore just as long as it gets the headlines and the "mob" nods their head.
Do people still care what Rubio did? It was funny, we all laughed at the awkward moment, and moved on with our lives. Nobody cares KC.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM

Obviously you do or you wouldn't still be posting on a thread about it.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Rubio is going to be harder to attack .for if they attack him on any grounds its racist.This time the shoe is on the other foot

Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do people still care what Rubio did? It was funny, we all laughed at the awkward moment, and moved on with our lives. Nobody cares KC.
It was a funny moment, but I agree, it wil die out pretty soon, until he decides to text during his next spectacular speech.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 PM

No it's only racist if you attack a democrat minority.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Obviously you do or you wouldn't still be posting on a thread about it.
You're right, guess this makes this my last post in your Rubio thread.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
How dare he take a swig of water or disagree with anything dear leader has to say. I remember one of the darlings of the left at one time screaming this to their cheers........... how times have changed..........

Hillary Clinton - I am Sick & Tired (Right to Protest) - YouTube
Rubio is an "enemy" of the left? That's weird because I remember Rubio having a press conference with Chuck Schumer just a few weeks ago highlighting his work on immigration reform.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:05 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
No it's only racist if you attack a democrat minority.
I see any attack on rubio as racist and its high time we point out the racist in the democratic party. This secret obsession they have on a drink of water is just their racism showing itself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies