Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,314 times

Advertisements

Montana Legislature: Gun advocates push bill expanding rights | Great Falls Tribune | greatfallstribune.com

Good news! I bet there will be a "massacre" in Montana soon...can't let those damn Montanan's expand their gun rights and let them get away with it..gotta show them what happens....maybe a college campus shooting....All part of a larger conspiracy to destroy gun rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 AM

198 posts, read 167,489 times
There are at a minimum 6 times more guns in Montana than there are people so anyone dumb enough to try to shoot up a school or university will be massacred for even trying such an idiotic task. If it does happen it will be by an out of state plant courtesy of the FBI or CIA. FYI, for fair warning, we do not have gun free zones.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
One of the measures allows concealed carry of weapons by anyone who would qualify for a permit under federal guidelines. People who determine themselves qualified would be exempt from having to actually get a permit.
Genius Idea...We should do this for all permits and licences.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Genius Idea...We should do this for all permits and licences.
Especially when all the permits and licenses were also Genius ideas to begin with.....

Old 02-14-2013, 06:19 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
People live in montana?

Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,222,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
People live in montana?
Montana

Population: 1,005,141

Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,074 times
It is not uncommon when you have two opposing opinions on an issue. When one side starts to approach insanity and fanaticism in their arguments and demands, the other side feels they must attempt to balance things out. Gun control advocates have been moving closer to lunatic insanity for decades, so now the gun supporters are trying to balance things out. For more than 30 years, I've been wondering what gun control advocates have been smoking (and putting in their coffee every morning, and I don't want any in mine, thank you). Now, the gun supporters must be trying the same stuff in order to come up with these ideas.

Some 35 years ago, a neighbor suggested that guns were completely useless and should be completely banned. I showed him a newspaper that ran a story about how more and more women were buying handguns, being trained to use them properly, and carrying them concealed to protect themselves. I then told him that banning guns would not stop women from being raped at knife point, beaten and raped, or being overpowered by brute force and raped. He looked over at his daughter and thought about it. Then, changed his mind.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:48 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
One of the measures allows concealed carry of weapons by anyone who would qualify for a permit under federal guidelines. People who determine themselves qualified would be exempt from having to actually get a permit.

Supporters pointed out that concealed carry is currently allowed by anyone outside of city limits, a policy they said has worked.

“I think it is time to recognize the city cousins are just as good as the country cousins,”
said Gary Marbut, with the Montana Shooting Sports Association.
Much as I support protecting and expanding the rights of gun owners, I'm not sure how good this guys assumptions are. There are a bunch of mentally deficient granolas around Missoula, I'm not sure they are smart or responsible enough to own firearms.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
It is not uncommon when you have two opposing opinions on an issue. When one side starts to approach insanity and fanaticism in their arguments and demands, the other side feels they must attempt to balance things out. Gun control advocates have been moving closer to lunatic insanity for decades, so now the gun supporters are trying to balance things out. For more than 30 years, I've been wondering what gun control advocates have been smoking (and putting in their coffee every morning, and I don't want any in mine, thank you). Now, the gun supporters must be trying the same stuff in order to come up with these ideas.

Some 35 years ago, a neighbor suggested that guns were completely useless and should be completely banned. I showed him a newspaper that ran a story about how more and more women were buying handguns, being trained to use them properly, and carrying them concealed to protect themselves. I then told him that banning guns would not stop women from being raped at knife point, beaten and raped, or being overpowered by brute force. He looked over at his daughter and thought about it. Then, changed his mind.
You have to remember the early history of gun control proponents. Initially the were aimed at keeping minorities (particularly blacks and immigrants) unarmed and defenseless. There was a fear that they would be able to defend themselves from violent racists or bigots. Now, that is still true, gun control laws are typically most draconian in areas with high minority populations. We can't have minorities able to defending themselves against the KKK or women defending themselves against rapist now, can we? Someone might get hurt?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,238,589 times
Quote:
I'm very pro-2A, but this is ridiculous. Of course everyone who wants a gun would "determine themselves qualified". Many mentally ill people don't recognize that they are mentally ill. You want to walk around with a pistol on your property? Go for it. But no legal concealed weapons in public areas by the mentally incompetent or by people with a history of violent crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies