Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:07 PM

57,265 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwretired View Post
Heard this is a done deal and I'm glad but I wonder what it will do. Nothing. To me it's a big waste of time because nothing - no answers will come of it. I think they should go with impeachment. They would have done it to George W.
Wrong, impeachment proceedings are only reserved for important national security issues like a president lying under oath about their sex lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Iran formally applauds the appointment!

OK, what does that tell you about our foreign policy under Obama?
and Israel dislikes the appointment, what's the problem.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
So the Party Of No won;t allow a vote. The babies are afraid of a vote, knowing they will lose.

Sounds a lot like Harry Reid and the pile of bills he has on his desk that never made it to the floor for a vote, in the last 2 years.

I think both parties are the party of no.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Then again, maybe Harry knew this would happen when he chose not to change filibuster rules. Perhaps he was sure the Repubs would fall into it. He is a pretty crafty guy ... hmmmmm?
I don't think Reid or anyone else thought they would be dumb enough to filibuster a cabinet appointment, filibustering legislation is one thing, this is historic ground.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Just shut up already.... like you were a "middle of the road" voter

Like your party cares at all about the future of the country
Ah, another unreasonably angry fringe extremist who is foaming at the mouth. You sad, sad creature, you.

I wonder what "my" party is, though. Since I know the answer much better than you ever will, I can assure you that your assumptions have led you far astray. My guess is that your conclusions in this matter are as flagrantly erroneous as they are likely in most matters. Hatred blinds - but you are so far into it that you have no way of ever knowing that - and it usually leads to an untenable perspective.

And no, I will not shut up already. People like me have kept their mouths shut for way too long. Doing so has allowed undereducated and over-opinioned nitwit extremists to seize the reins of a party that people once thought appropriately labeled "grand old party." We have allowed people like you to ruin this party. We have allowed people like you to turn an otherwise great political party into a seeming collective of out-of-touch morons who fail to grasp the needs of the American people. We have allowed people like you to destroy the only alternative to the Democrats that really exists in our two-party system.

No sir, I will not shut up. I will work hard to make people like you shut up and slither back into the darkest and most pitiful corner of existence from whence you came. I can only hope that others will find the devotion to stand up to people like you and reclaim the GOP for what it is supposed to be: Grand - not pathetic.

Last edited by Fuselage; 02-14-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies