Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:53 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times

Advertisements

I was freed from slavery when I retired in 2009. Free at last! Free at last!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 02:35 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

She just got confused; that's when the astronauts planted the flag on Mars.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
After reading this story from your link “frontpagemag.com” I’ve found your source to be not just biased but Faux journalism. This website is full of far right wing opinionated filth. This website is nothing more than propaganda.

With that said Sheila Jackson Lee fights for what is right! In this occasion she probably misspoke. Instead of saying “freed slave” she should have said “descendant of freed slaves”. The right uses sleight of hand tricks to undervalue and marginalize messages all the time. So I’ll take this criticism with a grain of salt…
Apparently, this site is equally filled with far leftwing filth too

...... figures you would stick up for a spiteful piece of garbage who is among a handful who continue to try and destroy race relations in America

Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
After reading this story from your link “frontpagemag.com” I’ve found your source to be not just biased but Faux journalism. This website is full of far right wing opinionated filth. This website is nothing more than propaganda.

With that said Sheila Jackson Lee fights for what is right! In this occasion she probably misspoke. Instead of saying “freed slave” she should have said “descendant of freed slaves”. The right uses sleight of hand tricks to undervalue and marginalize messages all the time. So I’ll take this criticism with a grain of salt…
Regardless of this specific issue, SJL is a fraud. She represents herself as someone intelligent and truly caring about her constituents. In reality she is a domineering boss, recognized as one of the worst congress-persons to work for. She "crashes" funerals in her district to "show she cares" but it is all grandstanding.

What an embarrassment to the House of Representatives.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
She is a moon bat.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:00 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
You're a freed slave?? And you got a seat in Congress??? Dang, it should be easy for me then, but they would probably kick me out since I'm not stupid and an Aunt Jamima that they feel comfortable enough to back up and represent "colored" folk

Old 02-14-2013, 03:15 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:

She's a black Representative serving with a black President who spends her time bemoaning black people. Pardon me if that comes across as just a bit disingenuous. That isn't to say that black people don't face legitimate problems, but the race card starts to wear a bit thin when the President of the United States is a black man. At this point what is right is starting to take advantage of all the victories already won and stop having a 90% illegitimacy rate and chronically high dropout rates in school. Education and two parent households are proven to be the top two factors in poverty, not skin color. Once you've consolidated your gains, then go rail against the last vestiges of racism.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:26 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Apparently, this site is equally filled with far leftwing filth too

...... figures you would stick up for a spiteful piece of garbage who is among a handful who continue to try and destroy race relations in America
Riddle me this A&M_Indie? How is she trying to destroy race relations?

The political movement specializing in that is the Tea Party... Is she a Teabagger?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Regardless of this specific issue, SJL is a fraud. She represents herself as someone intelligent and truly caring about her constituents. In reality she is a domineering boss, recognized as one of the worst congress-persons to work for. She "crashes" funerals in her district to "show she cares" but it is all grandstanding.

What an embarrassment to the House of Representatives.
If you want to talk about embarrassments take a look at this guy... Hands down the biggest embarrassment since Newt Gingrich...

Old 02-14-2013, 03:34 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I was freed from slavery when I retired in 2009. Free at last! Free at last!

Eyes can't wait tuh be fwee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies