Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 04:46 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post

So is this thread about fraud? It seems to me that it is about food stamp recipients having it better off than working families. These are two different things. I completely understand the outrage there. I am from Boston and have plenty of friends and family there who are not happy about his. However, it cannot be proven that the majority of people on a federal level receiving food stamps are committing some type of fraud, yet there is always this fixation and welfare queen fantasy from right-wingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Its time to cut back on the Obama stamps if people are really buying that stuff.
Really why? Just because somebody is on Food Stamps means they should be eating tins of cat food and crackers?
I would like to know how much a couple of hundred dollars a month can buy one Lobsters and Prime Rib! Then you fools complain about Food stamp recipients buying "junk food" like potato chips and soda also! Which one is it hypocrits?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You can't use food stamps in restaurants, sounds like you or yoru boss were committing fraud.
wrong, donald.

Fast Food Chains Getting Into the Food Stamp Act - ABC News

Old 02-14-2013, 05:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What I posted was the national average per household, so of course it varies. That is the maximum amount...it is still not enough to eat prime rib and lobster on a regular basis. We spend pver 200/week on groceries and eat out about twice/week on average. We couldn't do that on foodstamps, while saving for retirement, paying a mortgage, car payments and everything else that goes with it. I would not trade my lifestyle to be on food stamps and I am sure that most middle class Americans feel the same way. I have been poor before and would not go back just to get on food stamps and quit working. All of this faux outrage toward the poor along with the implication that hard working Americans are worse off than poor people (whether getting minimum wage or unemployed) is ridiculous.
Food stamps isn't their primary payment of food..it's SUPPLEMENTAL.
Food stamps is in addtion to whatever other money they spend on food.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Is it fair for Wall Street CEOs to buy mansions after receiving bonuses from bailout money even though they wrecked the economy?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
So is this thread about fraud? It seems to me that it is about food stamp recipients having it better off than working families. These are two different things. I completely understand the outrage there. I am from Boston and have plenty of friends and family there who are not happy about his. However, it cannot be proven that the majority of people on a federal level receiving food stamps are committing some type of fraud, yet there is always this fixation and welfare queen fantasy from right-wingers.
Unless they start looking into it at a deeper level.

They did that with the lifeline program and cancelled 270,000 duplicate phone plans.
That's just in 23 states so far.

No one was charged with a crime though.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Where can I get one of them Obamaphones?
try here:
How Do I Get an Obama Phone? | The Obama Phone

Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Is it fair for Wall Street CEOs to buy mansions after receiving bonuses from bailout money even though they wrecked the economy?
The bailout money went to the company, not the individual.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:19 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
What I posted was the national average per household, so of course it varies. That is the maximum amount...it is still not enough to eat prime rib and lobster on a regular basis. We spend pver 200/week on groceries and eat out about twice/week on average. We couldn't do that on foodstamps, while saving for retirement, paying a mortgage, car payments and everything else that goes with it. I would not trade my lifestyle to be on food stamps and I am sure that most middle class Americans feel the same way. I have been poor before and would not go back just to get on food stamps and quit working. All of this faux outrage toward the poor along with the implication that hard working Americans are worse off than poor people (whether getting minimum wage or unemployed) is ridiculous.
Thank you for pointing out the obvious! Some people are under the illusion that those on food stamps are some how dining on Lobsters, Prime Rib & Caviar! So they indulge? Sometimes! I shop for a elderly disabled relative on $160 amonth and the most expensive items happen to be fresh produce and veggies! This whole myth that people on food stamps are living high on the hog is utter BS!Her luxury? Ice cream!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I call shenanigans on this load of crap, again.

you were saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies