Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:06 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times

Advertisements

Is It Fair For People On Food Stamps To Buy Prime Rib And Lobster While Working Families Barely Survive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Yes and had noting to do with Obama. We have threads on this before so look for them. "Fair" has nothing to do with what you or anyone else eats or chooses to spend their food budget on. In fact, "fair" isn't something measurable or a legal term, it usually means "I can't have whatever I want".

Old 02-14-2013, 12:14 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
I call shenanigans on this load of crap, again.

Let me guess, someone was standing behind someone with a grocery cart full of prime rib and lobster, and noticed they paid with food stamps.

...and let me add, the person was talking on a smartphone, their kid was playing with a tablet computer, and they drove away in a brand-new Mercedes...did I miss any cliches?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:20 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I call shenanigans on this load of crap, again.

Let me guess, someone was standing behind someone with a grocery cart full of prime rib and lobster, and noticed they paid with food stamps.

...and let me add, the person was talking on a smartphone, their kid was playing with a tablet computer, and they drove away in a brand-new Mercedes...did I miss any cliches?
I think they had their nails and hair done and were wearing designer clothes as well. And it's always a woman. And she's usually black. Apparently the poor blacks on public assistance do better than the poor whites on public assistance, who only show up in "People of Walmart" photos. And let's not forget the one poster who insisted they were all wearing "Obama" jackets too! HAHAHAHA

Old 02-14-2013, 12:23 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Is It Fair For People On Food Stamps To Buy Prime Rib And Lobster While Working Families Barely Survive?
Yesterday many conservatives were claiming that working class families can afford $700,000 homes, today you claim they are barely suriving.

If affording a 700K is barely surving, than I want to barely survive.

/ Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,386,331 times
Its time to cut back on the Obama stamps if people are really buying that stuff.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think they had their nails and hair done and were wearing designer clothes as well. And it's always a woman. And she's usually black. Apparently the poor blacks on public assistance do better than the poor whites on public assistance, who only show up in "People of Walmart" photos. And let's not forget the one poster who insisted they were all wearing "Obama" jackets too! HAHAHAHA

OOO OOO, I have another one, she was pregnant, and had six more kids running around....AND had three cases of beer in her cart.

Let's play "Name that Cliche..."

Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Its time to cut back on the Obama stamps if people are really buying that stuff.

They aren't. It's an old RW blog talking point, resurrected and dusted off.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:26 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,207,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Most people on food stamps are White and most live in the South.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Most people on food stamps are White and most live in the South.

We're discussing cliches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies