Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas van Rijn View Post
TRANSLATION:
Only seven of the 36 nominees the GOP is currently obstructing are straight white men.

Anyway, who does this Obama guy think he is, trying to nominate judges of his own choice?

Christ, the man is running around acting like he's the flippin' President!
The principality of the matter is qualifications are thrown out the window. Who cares anymore?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 08:04 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Name one country it hasn't destroyed.
The burdon of proof resides on the person making the claim.

Just like making the claim that eating dog crap cures cancer. You don't need to show all the people hasn't cured or else it is true, you need to show all the people it has cured. I used dog crap as an example because this thread is already a steaming pile and getting worse.

Plus you need to define "destroyed" because so far the only thing I see from this thread is that it only needs to be that you don't like what's going on, and that women/non-whites/homosexuals have the same rights as straight white males. That's not destroyed to me.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:07 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Two people cannot work together unless they agree. There are many disagreements in this nation, mainly our culture being hijacked by 11-25 million illegals in the country that are forcing the citizens to give in to their demands. There is no naturalization in immigration happening when we submit to this.Thats not diversity, happiness or a group defined by America's heritage, culture or values.

It is being destroyed. & yes we have a right to fear.
two people can work together it is called compromise. something our two party system has done for ages. you seem to be bitching about the "barn door" being left open. america is diverse, america does have women, minorities, gays who contribute. america is no longer a majority of white. america is no longer a country where most women stay home. america is a place where all have equal rights and representation. scared of the face of america how it really is. stay home.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 AM

174 posts, read 154,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He is a President, NOT a dictator. We have hearings for a reason
Do you have a point? The OP is sniveling at the President's nominees. I specifically used the words 'nominees' and 'nominate'.

Maybe you can explain what is dictatorial about nominations?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:12 AM

174 posts, read 154,677 times
Quote:
The principality of the matter is qualifications are thrown out the window. Who cares anymore?
Right, right.

I guess he couldn't find any good horse judges to nominate...

First, you were whining and sniveling about what you moronically present as a slight against straight white men (a group that includes me, by the way), stupidly holding up those judges the GOP is obstructing as evidence of this. Now, called on that stupidity, you're suddenly trying to act as though it's an issue of qualifications.

Here's a hint -- inept, pathetic trolling is probably less advantageous to your position that not trolling at all. But, happily (for me), your idiocy makes an excellent representation of regressivism in general.

Troll on!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:16 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
America is being destroyed before your eyes & no we are no t happy.We are more divided than ever.
Maybe in your mind it is.

Your forefathers, if they were here on American soil before Europeans immigrated here, like before the civil war, can thank yourselves for the diverse culture we all now enjoy. If it were not for white folks bringing blacks here as slaves, all you'd have to contend with would be Native Americans, the peoples commonly referred to as Indians. We wouldn't have a zebra occupying your White House.

If your beef is with illegal immigrants, maybe the Illegal Immigration forum would suit you? just sayin'.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Maybe in your mind it is.

Your forefathers, if they were here on American soil before Europeans immigrated here, like before the civil war, can thank yourselves for the diverse culture we all now enjoy. If it were not for white folks bringing blacks here as slaves, all you'd have to contend with would be Native Americans, the peoples commonly referred to as Indians. We wouldn't have a zebra occupying your White House.

If your beef is with illegal immigrants, maybe the Illegal Immigration forum would suit you? just sayin'.
Maybe you don't get out much.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Maybe you don't get out much.
Take your assumptions somewhere else pal, stay on the topic or get the heck out.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas van Rijn View Post
Right, right.

I guess he couldn't find any good horse judges to nominate...

First, you were whining and sniveling about what you moronically present as a slight against straight white men (a group that includes me, by the way), stupidly holding up those judges the GOP is obstructing as evidence of this. Now, called on that stupidity, you're suddenly trying to act as though it's an issue of qualifications.

Here's a hint -- inept, pathetic trolling is probably less advantageous to your position that not trolling at all. But, happily (for me), your idiocy makes an excellent representation of regressivism in general.

Troll on!
If you can't defend your statements other than babble & attack me why post?

Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
What does this have to do with the best qualified person?
When it comes to court appointments the question might equally be, 'What's the best qualified person got to do with this?'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies